Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Like I Did Yesterday

Like I Did Yesterday

by disturbedangel6 2 reviews

It was like my mother took all the love that Gerard had for me. His love for me gone, no more.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-11-04 - Updated: 2008-11-04 - 1312 words

1Ambiance
Family.
I never really had a nice happy family. Maybe I did... back when I was younger just for a couple of years until everything fell apart and family didn't exist in my life anymore. Ever. It seems so long since I had that safe feeling of family. I always envied the ones who had a caring family and always was angry at the way mere teens like me hated their family for no particular reason. A family is your support for the good times and bad. Your family will always be there for you when others aren't.

My family... a family no more.

My mother, Kerri-Anne, was only 16 when she had me. She was apparently so drunk at a party that she let a guy fuck her. Hell, she doesn't even remember who he was. But she was against abortion so therefore had me. She named me Nicole and cared and loved me so well. I don't hate my moyher, she was always loving towards me, she was so beautiful with her brown long hair and matching beautiful green eyes. Not that different to me actually. My hair and eyes were slightly darker. Close friends of mine always said that I looked exactly like her. I never agreed with them, she was always much more beautiful and much more people loving her. Her image is stained in my mind. An image that is frozen forever.

It was only me and my mother for the first 5 years of my life. Although I did keep asking if I had a father, I actually didn't really care because my mother's love for me just completed everything. I didn't need a dad. My mother's family were all in Canada and I've only met them once.

Well things started to change once I turned about 6, my mother started dating a man. She started being even more happy and always hummed musical tunes around the house. A young child that I was happy to see my mother extra happy and which child didn't want their mother to be happy? So I eventually did find out why my mother was happy. She one day announced that she was going to get married to him and was asking me if I was okay with it. I was 9 back then and having to know my soon to be stepfather for a few years I immediately said yes. He was an incredible, funny and happy person. He treated me like I was his own daughter. He was only a year younger than my mother which meant that he was 24 at the time.

I remember my mother talking about him before I first met him.
"Oh I met this wonderful man a few months ago, Nicole!" my mother smiled at me.
"Really? What's his name?" I asked.
"Gerard Arthur Way!" her eyes sparkled as she said it.
"I want to meet him!" I jumped up.
And I did, I immediately loved him at our first meeting. I remember my mother and I dancing in the kitchen when I said it was okay for them to get married.

The wedding ceremony was small but enjoyable. I was so excited and felt like a princess in my dress.
"Look Gerard! Look at my pretty dress!" I span around after Gerard and my mother said their 'I do's'.
"Nicole, you look so beautiful honey," he said and hugged me. "You look just like your mother, you know that?"
I giggled that childish giggle. "No!" I giggled again. "Mum is much more pretty!"
"Yea, well you're prettier," he kissed my cheek.
Those were happy times.

It was not long after when Gerard and Mum announced that I was going to have a baby brother or sister. I was majorly excited about it as was Gerard now that he was going to have his first biological baby. I was suddenly worried that he wouldn't love me no more once the baby was born. I wanted Gerard to love me like he loved my mother.

Well, it all soon changed. My mother soon got in labour at 7 months and I couldn't go to the hospital with Gerard and Mum but instead stayed at Uncle Mikey's house. I remember not sleeping at all that night. Mikey always thought due to my excitement about a new sibling but I had a bad gut feeling about it. That night we had a call, I remember vividly Mikey dropping the phone on the floor in shock. His face was out of colour.

I don't remember the rest from there, just Mikey telling me that my mother tragically died along with the baby. He told me that the baby crushed her organs and her body failed to give birth to the baby as did her heart failed to keep her alive. I don't remember going to the hospital, but I don't remember finding Gerard in the hospital corridor with his hands on his face still sobbing about his tragic loss. Who wouldn't blame him? He lost the love of his life and his baby all in one go. He didn't even notice or care to notice me hugging him. I felt so unwanted. I wanted my Gerard back, the happy and funny Gerard but he was lost forever.

Well from then on I lived with Mikey for a few months until Mikey asked me who I wanted to stay with permanantly. He suggested living with his parents or my mother's parents but I immediately pleaded him about staying with Gerard, he was unsure with the idea but let me.

Living with Gerard didn't even feel like I was living with anyone at all. He was like a living zombie, he just went to work and came home and locked himself in his bedroom. As the passing months went by he stopped bothering to talk to me and eventually stopped looking at me. He just totally ignored me, I thought maybe because I reminded him of my mother. I had to look after myself since Gerard couldn't be bothered. I was only 10 when I had to feed and clean myself. I had to clean the house, go to and from school and tuck myself to bed. I took all this as a punishment, maybe I was a bad daughter to mum or a bad step daughter to Gerard. I thought Gerard didn't love me anymore. It was like my mother took all the love that Gerard had for me. His love for me was gone, no more.

-----

"Oh my god Nicole, Maria look! There's a safe and secure apartment here," my friend Toni pointed on the newspaper.
We were at a cafe in the mall. We were searching for an apartment to live in before we start college in a few months. I decided that it was cool since Gerard didn't even need me, well he never did need me and yet I still stayed with him. It was almost 8 years of living with a living zombie. Plus I was 18 and it was time for me to move out. It would be good for Gerard.
"Oh, it had 3 big bedrooms too!" Maria pointed out.
"It looks great," I agreed as I sipped some of my creme brulee.
"So it's a maybe," Toni marked the newspaper with her red ink pen.
"You will finally escape your step dad," Maria patted my back.
My smile faded. I didn't want to not see Gerard again. Although I do hate him for not talking to me at all but I still love him like I always had. It was hard for me to hate Gerard.








I'm like going through a creative moment lol
So ummm just tell me if you want me to continue or not.
Again no hard feelings if no reviews.
It'll be deleted eh xD
And also sorry if it sounds like other fanfics....
Sign up to rate and review this story