Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Secrets We Keep...

Chapter 17

by flawedrainbow 0 reviews

-Evie-

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-11-08 - Updated: 2008-11-08 - 1399 words

0Unrated
Hey guys! Read & Review! Make me feel a little bit loved :)
ahahaha
on with the story!


-Evie’s POV-

“Will you be alright for a few minutes? I need to find the guys and tell them you’re okay.”
“Yeah.” I replied, nodding slowly.
She smiled back and left the room, leaving me with a passed out Billy Beckett.
“Hey.”
Or so I thought.

I looked over at him and saw him smiling tiredly at me.
“Hey.” I replied quietly.
He sat up and moved closer to me, “We were so worried about you Evie. When I read your letter... you shouldn’t have run away. It wasn’t your fault.” He told me.
I closed my eyes and breathed in slowly for a second, “I thought it was Bill. But then Tom asked me about it and said it wasn’t and helped me realise that I should just come home.” I told him.

William nodded and smiled, “I’m so glad you’re back. Though I wish you weren’t in hospital, this will just have to do.”
I chuckled but stopped when pain surged through me, “Y-yeah.” I stuttered.
“Are you ok?” he asked worriedly.
“Fine. Just-just my ribs.” I replied to him.
He nodded once again and seemed relieved.

“I think Brendon was even more worried than Holly,” William stated, causing my eyes to go as wide as saucers, “he really cares about you Evie.”
I blushed and looked down at my hands, “I care about him too, but he shouldn’t care about me. I’m human scum.” I said quietly and angrily, cursing myself.
“Hey! We’ll be having none of that.” William said, lifting my chin up gently, “You’re not scum.” He said adamantly.

“William, I’m freaking homeless! I have been since I was 7. I don’t know who my parents are, I don’t know my real last name, I don’t know my own birth date... I don’t even remember if they ever cared or what they looked like.” I finished softly.

“I’m sure they did care about you Eve.” William said, matching my quiet tone.
“Right...” I muttered.
“Look,” William said which caused me to look up at him again, “It doesn’t matter. We’re your family now. Me, Holly, Patrick, Ryan, Brendon, hell! Everyone here is your family.” He told me.
I gave him a look which caused him to think for a moment, “You know what? I take that back. Pete is not your family, he’s a douche.”

I began to laugh extremely loud, not being able to stop even though it was killing me. By the time I was finished, tears were running down my face.
“I’m sorry Evie,” William said, gently wiping the tears away before sitting back down, “anyways, we’re all your family, except for a certain someone, and we all care about you. Maybe we could even pick a random date and make that your birthday if you wanted!” he told me with a smile.

I smiled back and yawned, causing William to yawn a second later.
“Look, you’re tired; I’m tired, let’s get some more sleep hey?” William asked, to which I nodded in agreement.
He got up from his chair, placing a light kiss on my forehead, “G’night Evie. It’s good to have you home.”

I smiled tiredly before closing my eyes and letting the sounds from the heart monitor and William’s steady breathing lull me to sleep.

-x-x-

“Can you just tell her I dropped off her bag and that I say goodbye?” I heard a voice ask.
I groaned and opened my eyes a fraction before closing them due to the brightness.

“Evie?” a smooth voice asked quietly.
“Mmyeah?” I moaned tiredly, trying to sit up but gasping in pain.
“Hey, careful there.” The same voice said, now holding my shoulders, urging me to stay lying.
“Ok... I’m ‘right.” I said, now opening my eyes and seeing Brendon’s doe eyes looking at me.
“Uhh ok.” He said, quickly taking his hands off of me.

“Uhh Evie? I’ve brought your backpack.” The voice from before said.
I looked over and saw Tom smiling.
“Hey. Thank you so much. For everything.” I smiled at him, truly grateful for everything he had done for me.
“It’s no problem, I’m glad I could help. I have to go, but I hope you feel better Evie.” He smiled.
“Thanks. I hope you have a safe trip.”
He nodded before flashing me a final smile and leaving my hospital room.

I looked over at Brendon and could feel a small blush rising on my cheeks.
“Hi.” I said quietly.
“Hi... how’re you feeling?” he asked, just as quiet as me.
“Fine. Just a bit sore. What about you?” I replied.
“Relieved.” He replied.
This made me curious, “Why?” I asked him.

“You had me really worried Eve. I care about you.” He smiled.
My blush had gotten darker and I looked down at my lap, “I-I... ditto.” I replied, not knowing how to word my sentence.
I heard Brendon’s melodic chuckle which made me smile and look up.

He had a big smile on his face and was looking at me intently.
“What?” I asked self consciously.
“Nothing I just... never mind. Oh! I brought you some food.” He said, grabbing a few bags from the ground.
I giggled at his happy attitude and excitement.

He carefully laid out all the food on my bed. There was m&m’s, chips, skittles, starburst, snakes, every type of food imaginable!
“Wow, you brought tuna and brown rice?!” I asked excitedly.
“Y-yeah... Ryan told me you’d eat it all the time at his place.” He replied with a shy smile.
“Thank you.” I smiled before grabbing the cooked brown rice and putting the canned tuna into the container.

I ate it slowly, savouring every bit, “Yum!” I exclaimed, “Wanna taste?” I asked him, holding out a spoonful.
He looked hesitant but leant forward and ate it in a mouthful. He chewed for a few seconds and his eyes then widened.
“This is really good!” he exclaimed.
I giggled and we continued to share the rice & tuna-y goodness whilst sharing the assortment of junk food.

We were talking and laughing as a nurse came in who looked at our mess and shook her head with a smile on her face.
“How are you feeling love?” she asked me kindly.
“Good, just a bit sore. It hurts to move too much, or if I breathe in deeply.” I replied honestly.
“Alright, well I’m going to up the pain medicine. You may feel drowsy ok?” she told me before injecting something into my IV drip that I hadn’t even noticed before.

“Ok.” I replied before turning back to Brendon.
He had begun to put all the rubbish into one of the many plastic bags he had brought.
“Thank you Brendon. This was really nice.” I told him.
He looked up and smiled at me, “It’s no problem. I liked doing it.” He told me sincerely.

“I’m sorry about everything that happened.” I told him after a few moments silence.
“Why’d you do it? I know you hate Pete, and you let him... use you basically.” He said.
“I-I know... and I feel terrible about that but... I did it for Ryan a-and you.” I said quietly with a small yawn at the end.
“What do you mean?” Brendon asked curiously, scooting closer to me.
“I needed to find a way to thank Ryan, and his greatest love and passion is Panic! So I thought if I could get him to help you, it would be great for all of you and... And the world needs to hear your voice Bren, I don’t care what you say but they have to... They have to fall in love with your voice like I did.” I told him, yawning widely as a sudden wave of fatigue washed over me.

“What?!” Brendon asked loudly.
“Hmm?” I yawned, “Oh I uhh.... your voice and- I-I love you Bren-Brendon.” I yawned and closed my eyes.
I love you too.” A voice whispered back to me, but I was too far in the land of dreams to hear it.
Sign up to rate and review this story