Categories > TV > Doctor Who > THIEF

Paradise In Space

by Gallifrey 1 review

see chapter one

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Humor, Sci-fi - Published: 2006-03-12 - Updated: 2006-03-12 - 940 words

2Original

The Doctor was the first to step out of the TARDIS. He moved aside to allow Rose and Jack to follow him. He leaned against the police cal box. His arms folded and a smile on his face as he watched the reactions of his companions.

"Wow" Said Rose "This place looks great"

They were in a space station, that much Rose new. The walls were covered in marble and in the middle of the room was a huge fountain with a statue of what looked like some kind of bird. There were dozens of people walking around and on the other end of the room was a clerks desk with a tall lanky women behind it.

"Where are we anyway?" Jack asked as he looked around.

"Three million years in the future and five light years away from earth" The Doctor replied. He stood up straight.

"But what is this place?" Rose asked "What happens here?"

"This is the space station Trinatorya. Its a holiday resort. Kinda like your old fashion spars and beauty parlours" said The Doctor. He held and arm out and gestured to the chamber. "You said you wanted a peaceful place to go"

"Oh aren't you clever" Rose teased

"Yep" The Doctor said with a smile.

"Should we go check in then?" asked Jack

The Doctor nodded and then led the way through the people to the desk. Rose looked around at all the different Aliens. There were some humans among the bunch. She skipped forward so that she was walking beside the Doctor.

"Wont we need money or something?" She asked "You know, to get in"

"Yeah" replied the Doctor

"But you don't have any money" She reminded him

"Nope" The Doctor replied casually

"I think I'd hate to play poker with you Doctor" Jack said with a laugh.

The Doctor turned to him and grinned. "I'm not really that good. But I bet I'm better than you"

"Back to our money issue" Rose said quickly before Jack could reply to the Doctor "How're we meant to pay?" She asked

The Doctor took his wallet out of his jacket pocket. Flipped it open and showed Rose the blank piece of paper. The piece of psychic paper.

'FREE day treatment for all facilities for the Doctor and two guests. To be used anytime' was written on the paper.

Jack reached over and took the wallet from Rose so that he too could read it.

"How come I'm always the guess or the plus one?" Rose asked the Doctor slightly irritated

The Doctor looked at her, with a slight frown on his face.

"What's wrong with that?" He asked

"Why aren't you ever the plus one?" She asked

"Because its my paper" He replied

"I've got my own paper" said Jack as he gave the Doctor his wallet "So you can change that to just one guest"

"Or you could just put my name instead of yours" Suggested Rose "Or with your name"

The Doctor sighed and rolled his eyes. He shoved the wallet back into her hand.

She looked at it and grinned. It now said 'Rose Tyler and the Doctor'

"That's better" Rose said triumphantly

They reached the desk and were greeted by the tall women. Jack and the Doctor showed their papers. The women seemed pleased and gave all three of them complimentary black satin robes and some thin sandals. She then directed them to the elevator on the left wall.

"If you would just like to go to the next level" The woman began "There are changing rooms and you'll find maps there as well"

"Thankyou" said the Doctor

The three of them walked into the lift.

Jack and Rose went into the change room. Multi-sex which Rose wasn't really comfortable with. The Doctor refused to wear the robe and simply tossed it over a chair. He waited for Rose and Jack.

"You just have to be the odd one out, don't you?" Jack asked as he joined the Doctor.

Jack was wearing the robe. His other clothes had been left in a locker in the change room.

"I don't do robes" the Doctor replied

Just then Rose walked out of the change rooms. The black robe clung to her skin and framed her body perfectly. The Doctor and Jack couldn't help but look at her with awe, and maybe just a little bit of lust.

"You look good" Jack told her.

She blushed and smiled back.

Jack leaned closer to the Doctor.

"Bet you're glad Rose does robes" He whispered in the Doctor's ear.

The Doctor simply glared at him before Rose joined them.

"So what are we going to do?" Rose asked

"Well we have maps but I'd prefer it if we took a little wounder" The Doctor replied

"Fine by me" Said Rose

"Okay. Lets go" said the Doctor

He led the way towards different rooms. After walking around for half an hour, and after walking along the first five floors they decided to try different things.

Rose began examining her finger nails.

"Do you think they have a manicure salon?" Rose asked the Doctor

"I'd expect so" replied the Doctor. He grinned and added "Probably have a pedicure one too"

"I don't think I wanna know how you know about pedicures" Rose teased

"What's wrong with men getting pedicures?" Jack asked

Both Rose and the Doctor shared an amused look before Rose shook her head.

"What level is the manicure and pedicures on?" Rose asked

"Level 20" the Doctor replied

"Well lets go" said Rose

She forced both Jack and the Doctor towards the lift.

next part - THIRD WHEEL
Sign up to rate and review this story