Categories > Original > Romance > Breathe

Train Ride

by im_a_fanpire14 0 reviews

-sigh-

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-11-09 - Updated: 2008-11-09 - 730 words

0Unrated
2 months later...
"Penny, have fun and please stay safe," my mother said and kissed my forehead.
"I will, Mum," I replied.
"I love you."
"I love you, too," I said and hugged her fiercely. I let go and rushed off to the train. I walked into a cabin and tried to put my luggage up but I was too short. I stretched and grunted but I just couldn't reach. A tan hand reached up and pushed my bag up into the luggage compartment. I turned to the left and saw a boy with shaggy, blonde hair and tan skin (which is rare in England). He was quite tall....and handsome. I stared at him like an idiot with my mouth hanging wide open.
"You alright?" he asked. I shook my head to clear my thoughts.
"Uhh..yeah, yeah! I-I'm fine. Thank you," I replied.
"Your welcome," he said and grinned. Oh, he had such a handsome grin. He stared at me for a second, still grinning. I began to get self-concious. I started to blush. Ah, stop blushing, you look awful when you blush!! "I'm Robert Watts," he said and held out his hand. I took it.
"I'm Penny...uh...Miller!" I said, feeling like a complete idiot.
"Nice to meet you!" he said genuinely. I smiled instead of saying something. "Do you mind if I sit with you?" he asked.
"Umm...no, yeah of course you may!" I replied.
I sat down. He sat down across from me.
"So...where are you headed?" he inquired.
"Oxford."
"So am I!" he said happily, "I'm studying medicine there."
"That's amazing! And to think I'm only going to some boarding school that's so small that no one knows anything about it!" I said, my nervousness quickly vanishing under the warmth of his smile.
"What school is it?" he asked.
"Camblyn."
"Hmm...never heard of it...ah well..I hope you have fun!"
"As much fun as you can ever have at school!" I laughed.
"Yes! Exactly!.......You're quite funny!"
My smile vanished. "No one's ever said that to me before," I said sadly.
"Don't you have friends?"
"No, I don't..."
"Why not? I think you're great!" He smiled. I smiled too.
"I guess I seem unapproachable to others...I think it's because I'm so shy."
"You don't seem so shy to me..."
"I've never talked this much to a younger person before."
"Really?"
"Yes."
"I find that hard to believe, you're very....approachable..." he smirked. -sigh-.
A dreamy look appeared on my face. I didn't blush but I think I might have been drooling.
I got up, grabbed the collar of Rob's shirt and pulled him into a romantic, passionate kiss....ahhh...sooo wonderful....
"Uhhh...Penny...Penny...Penny!"
"Oh, yes?" I asked. That was such an inappropriate daydream for a well-behaved 15-year-old! I scolded myself. "I guess I was just daydreaming."
"Oookaaay..?" he said with a confused look on his face. No telling what faces I was making!!! Oh no!!! "Are you okay? You look horrified!" he asked me.
"Oh...oh no, I'm fine!" I said. Stupid, stupid, stupid....
"How old are you?" he asked.
"15."
"Really? I thought you were at least 18..." he replied. We continued to talk about random things. About what books I liked, my family, what I liked to do in my spare time. When I answered that one I said writing poetry. He asked to see one of my poems! I blushed furiously and allowed him to see my shortest one. It wasn't too emotionally deep so it wouldn't scare him.
"It's wonderful!" he said with great enthusiasm.
"Really?"
"Yes! I love it!" His and my smile stretched from ear to ear. He's soooo....beautiful....
The train came to a stop. Robert helped me get my bag down. I tried to take it from him. "A lady should not have to carry her own luggage," he said, grinning.
"Thank you," I said shyly.
"Your welcome," he answered as he stepped onto the platform. He set down the luggage and held out his hand to help me down. I smiled at him. "I guess this is where we part," he said.
"I guess," I said sadly.
"Don't worry. I promise I'll come and visit you!" he said, and squeezed my hand. He picked up his luggage and walked away. I smiled after my prince as long as I could...
Sign up to rate and review this story