Categories > Celebrities > The Used > Pieces Mended.

Pieces Mended.

by madzMCRMY 2 reviews

i'm crap at summaries, read on to find out.

Category: The Used - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-11-10 - Updated: 2008-11-10 - 433 words

0Unrated
PROLOUGE;
Pain is something inevitable; everyone has to go through it sometime. No matter how hard they try to stay away from it, at some point in their lives they need to go through some kind of pain. Along with pain is love. Love is something unavoidable also, you either give love or get love in some way. Love can cause the worst kind of pain imaginable, and the ones closest to you can destroy you. The person who tore me apart was the person I loved most in the world - Bert McCracken.

Now don't get me wrong, he'd never done a thing to intentionally hurt me in my life. Bert was my very best friend. We were inseparable, had been since birth practically. Our mothers were best friends, we ended up being born just 5 days apart - me being the oldest, I'd never let him forget that. We basically lived at each others houses, spending almost every waking moment together.

Bert and I were constantly mistaken as a couple. I guess people could see it, we got along well, hung out a lot, and we did kind of act like a couple. It was just what I wanted to be. I'll admit; I was in love with Bert McCracken, still am, and always will be. I would never own up to it, and doubted he felt the same way, though. That's what hurt the most, more than anything I've ever felt.

Bert and I were also a lot alike. We were the outsiders in our town, the "rebels" and "emo kids" no one really got along with. Our families were both EXTREMELY strict Mormons..it made them try to keep us from each other. To them, we brought out the worst in each other. To us, we brought out the best in each other, and it was all we cared about.

In as many ways we were alike, we were different. I was the more rational of the two of us, he was absolutely insane. He would do absolutely anything at all. If you asked him to go streaking through a church he'd do it without giving a shit. That's exactly what I loved about him. I'd always been more of the shy type, while Bert could be..obnoxious. Most of all we had each other, the world was ours, and that was all that mattered.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was kinda a preview of my story I guess?
To fill you in, that part was narrated by the main character, Scarlett Williams.
Tell me if you like this, and I'll keep writing! (:
Sign up to rate and review this story