Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Smile for the Paparazzi

I would drop it on a dime for you

by lil_chica007 7 reviews

rated up for some language and nakedness.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-11-16 - Updated: 2008-11-17 - 2233 words

0Unrated
I am so, so, so sorry for the lack of updates. I never wanted to be that kind of writer that would go months between updates, and make everyone wonder if they'd ever find out what happens next. Especially since a couple people thought the last chapter was the end. It's not, there's still about 4 or 5, I think. Depending on how I structure it.

But I have had a crazy past few weeks. I moved to New York, started a new job, working 12-14 hour days, my dog died, and now I have the flu. For the past 3 weeks, it's been wake up, go to work, come home, eat, go to sleep. I've been trying to write on my days off, but those have been filled with groceries and laundry and stuff. I had today off, and I should have Wed. or Thurs. off too, so I may update again. I'm not making any promises though.




“Ok, go slow. Let me help.” Gabe tossed Katie’s bags on the couch before scurrying back out into the hallway.
“I’m fine. I CAN walk, you know.” She pushed him away as he tried to help her through the door. He guided her over to the couch and forced her to sit down.
“I got you some magazines, and a bunch of DVDs. Just relax, I’ll get you anything you need.”
“I don’t need anything.”
“Are you sure?”
“Don’t you have things to do to get ready for the tour?”
“I don’t know that I want to go. What if something else happens?” He flopped on the couch next to her, sighing.
“No! You have to go. Nothing’s going to happen. You already postponed it once, I’m not going to let you do it again. I’ll be fine, it’s not like I’ll be completely alone. My family’s flying home in a couple days.” She shook her head.
“I’d feel better if your parents had actually shown up during this whole situation. You’ve been gone a month, and they didn’t even bother to cut their vacation short. What does that say about them?”
“My dad was finalizing some big deal to build a golf course in Portugal. He’s been working on if for two years.”
“But what about your mom and your sister?” Katie shrugged and shook her head.
“I never know what’s going on with those two. I haven’t told them about us yet.”
“I’m glad you decided to stay.” He bit his lip.
“Me too.” She smiled, leaning in slightly as he placed a soft kiss on her lips.
“So do you want to move into my room, or should I move into yours? Mine’s bigger, but yours is nicer, you know? We just painted and decorated and everything. Or we could just move. We don’t really need two bedrooms anymore, and we could probably find a nicer one bedroom apartment for the same amount of rent.” He started babbling.
“Gabe…” She raised her eyebrows waiting for him to stop.
“What? Sorry, we don’t have to move. This place is pretty nice.”
“Let’s just take this one step at a time. I mean, we’ve never even been on a date.”
“You’re right. Take it slowly.” He nodded, jumping up from the couch.
“Where are you going?”
“We’ve never been on a date. I love you!” He called, rushing out the door. Katie sighed and stretched out on the couch. It was relaxing sitting in private, without machines beeping or TVs blasting or nurses coming in poking at her.

The sensation of a sudden tugging on her hand jolted Katie awake. Her breathing quickened and she snatched her hand away as her eyes flung open. She smacked her cast against the side of the couch, causing her to wince. Her eyes landed on Gabe, crouching on the floor next to the couch. He jumped slightly at her actions. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you.” He whispered, taking hold of her hand again.
“What are you doing?”
“You deserve a real ring.” He slid the plastic ring off her finger and replaced it with an oval sapphire surrounded in diamonds, with a half circle diamond on each side.
“It’s blue.” She raised her eyebrows.
“You always said you weren’t traditional.”
“I love it.” She grinned, pulling him close enough to give him a gentle but lingering kiss.
“Come on.” He tugged on her hand when they separated.
“Where are we going?” She asked, allowing him to pull her to her feet.
“On our first real date.”
“No.” She planted her feet in the carpet. “I’m not leaving the apartment. I look like shit and I smell like a hospital. I’m wearing sweatpants.”
“That’s ok. I brought it to you.” He guided her into the kitchen where the small table was set with a red tablecloth and white china dishes. There were two plates of pasta and a bottle of champagne waiting for them.
“Wow, did you make this?” Katie grinned as Gabe pulled the chair out for her.
“If by ‘make’ you mean order it, pay the delivery guy and dump it on a plate, then yes.”
“Good enough for me. At least you put it on a plate.” She giggled. “I don’t know if I should drink that.” She bit her lip as he poured her a glass of champagne.
“I asked the doctor and he said it’s fine if you only have one glass. Just wait a few hours before taking your pills.” He sat down across from her, smiling. “Oh, I almost forgot.” He reached towards the wall and flipped the light switch. The room was filled with candles that lit their faces with a soft glow.
“Who knew you were so romantic?” Katie raised her eyebrows.
“I am full of surprises.” He chuckled, shaking his head.

“Ok, so what’s something else no one knows about you?”
“I still like the Spice Girls. Last year, when I told you I had to go to my grandmother’s birthday party in California, I was really at their reunion concert with my friend Monica.” Katie blushed.
“Mm. Doesn’t count. I already knew that.” Gabe shook his head.
“What?! How did you find out?” She stared at him with her mouth open. They had moved to the couch for coffee and desert, and Katie was curled up with her back against the arm and her feet in Gabe’s lap.
“Well, I mentioned something to your sister and she said that one of your grandmothers is dead, and the other lives in Florida and stopped having birthdays when she turned 70. Then Pete saw Perez Hilton at a party who said you were sitting in the same row as him.”
“Aw, I knew I should have bribed his silence.” Katie scrunched up her nose. “Ok, something else no one knows…” She bit her lip in thought. “I’m afraid of marshmallows.”
“Marshmallows?” Gabe snorted.
“Yes. Well, not afraid really. I have a cousin, Sam, who’s maybe a couple years older than you. When I was 4, we watched Ghostbusters. Then he showed me what happens to marshmallows when you microwave them. He told me that they were going to turn into the Marshmallow Man and kill me. So then I thought they were alive, and they were going to gang up and come after me.” She shivered.
“And you’re still afraid?”
“No, now I just don’t like them. They’ve got too many chemicals, it’s not natural. I mean, what are they even made of? How do they get so fluffy, no matter how much you squish them.”
“You have a point there. Eew.” Gabe frowned. “I think you just ruined them for me.”
“Good. So, what’s something that no one knows about you?” She rested her head on the back of the couch.
“You know everything.” He shrugged.
“Bullshit. There’s got to be something.”
“Well, no one knows…that I’ve wanted to kiss you since the day I met you.” He leaned across the table, gently placing his lips on hers.
“That’s so cheesy.”
“It’s the truth.” He shrugged.
“But I was jailbait.” She giggled.
“It just made it that much better.” His kisses trailed down to her neck as he attempted to maneuver them more horizontal.
“Oh…no, stop.” She pushed him away, wriggling out of his grasp.
“What’s the matter? Was I doing something wrong?” He wrinkled his eyebrows.
“No. In fact you were doing everything right. But I don’t do that on the first date. Goodnight.” She pecked his cheek and scurried into her room.
“But this is different.”

After cleaning everything up, Gabe was slouched on the couch pouting when he heard Katie’s door open. He turned around and saw her tiptoeing down the hallway. “Hey, what’s up?” She jumped slightly.
“Oh, you looked like you were asleep.” She gasped, stumbling and bumping into the wall. “I was just going to take a shower. I still smell like the hospital.” She groaned with a pained expression on her face.
“I got you.” He jumped up and grabbed her arm to steady her. “Do you need any help with anything? Can you stand alright?”
“You can duct tape this to my cast.” She handed him a plastic bag, smiling. He delicately wrapped it around the cast, sealing the end.
“I’m staying in here, in case you have a problem.” He hopped up on the counter.
“Fine. But no peeking.” She said stepping into the empty shower and closing the door.
“I think we’re past that, Baby.” He could just about make out her blurry figure through the glass as she gingerly peeled her clothes off. She tossed them over the divider, where they landed in his lap. “Nice…even in the hospital you don’t let yourself go.” He smirked, holding up her lacy pink underwear.
“Don’t touch those!” She squealed, turning the water on. It was silent for a few minutes, just the sound of the water and the occasional splash. “Uh oh.” She muttered. Gabe noticed her movements stop.
“You ok?” He poised himself to jump off the counter. The door opened and Katie stick her head out, water dripping down her face.
“I can’t wash my hair with one hand. I just got it all tangled.” She pouted.
“Do you want me to get your brush?” He asked, confused as she retreated back into the shower.
“I need you to come in here and help me.” She sighed. He ripped his clothes off and was next to her before she finished speaking.
“How can I be of assistance?” He smirked, looking her up and down. “Fuck, Baby.” His smile turned into a frown as he ran his fingers over her mangled skin.
“Stop looking, I’m disgusting.” She turned her eyes to the ground, covering the worst of her injuries on her stomach and chest with her hands.
“No, you’re not.” He shook his head, wrapping her in a hug. “You’ll always be beautiful to me.” He placed a kiss on the top of her head.
“Um…Gabe?” She gave him a look, trying her hardest not to smile.
“I can’t help it, we’re all wet and naked. It’s a natural response.” He chuckled.
“So inappropriate.” She smirked.
“Ok, turn around.” He ran his hands through her hair, rinsing the soap out before repeating his actions with the conditioner.

Gabe walked into his room, rubbing the water out of his hair with a towel. He pulled on a clean pair of boxers and prepared for bed. He was just getting comfortable under the blankets when there was a small knock on the door. It squeaked open and Katie stepped in, wearing a short cotton slip with a pair of shorts underneath it. Her wet hair was twisted into two long braids. “What’s wrong?” He asked, noticing her nervous expression.
“I don’t want to be alone.” She whispered.
“Come on.” He scooted over in the bed, lifting the covers for her to climb in.
“Thanks. I hate being scared all the time.” She mumbled, flopping down on the pillow.
“It’ll get better eventually. And I’ll be here for you until it does.” He shut off the light. Just as he was drifting to sleep he felt the bed shift and Katie’s head lay against his shoulder. She wrapped her arm around his waist and her leg around his. He shivered at the electricity that jolted through his body at the sensation of her skin against his. She lifted her head slightly.
“Are you ok?”
“You hair’s cold.” She nodded and relaxed against him. He enveloped her in his arms, intertwining their fingers. He sighed, stroking her shoulder as sleep overtook him. Just before he lost consciousness, he faintly heard her murmur.
“I love you, too.”



If you review, it might not be another two weeks until I update again.


I almost forgot. "here":http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=21980102&mcat=148210&cid=287466&search_params=s+5-p+29-c+287466-r+101323351-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+ is the ring.
Sign up to rate and review this story