Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Secrets We Keep...

Chapter 21

by flawedrainbow 3 reviews

-Evie-

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-11-19 - Updated: 2008-11-19 - 1606 words

0Unrated
-Evie’s POV-

“Guys? I want... I want to show you something.” I told Bill and Holly as we sat on Holly’s bed, talking about random things.

“Ok.” They both replied, not knowing what I was going to do.

I grabbed my backpack and pulled out my old and worn journal before holding it close to my chest.

“What’s that?” Bill asked curiously, eyeing the book with his eyebrows raised.

“I-It’s my journal. I’ve had it since I was 7 and I wrote daily entries, lyrics and poems in it. I-I want to show you it because... it’s the part of me I never let anybody know and now... I feel I can trust you with it. Not that I didn’t trust you before! It’s just... I’m more comfortable doing so now.” I explained to them, holding my worn journal out to them.

They both looked at me and the journal hesitantly before Bill reached out and took it from me softly, resting it in his lap after he had done so. He could tell how much this meant to me.

“I don’t want to be here while you read it, so I’m gonna go to the music store and hang out there ok?” I said to them quietly, picking up my backpack and slinging it over my back.

“Ok... we’ll uhh- do you want us to pick you up later?” Holly asked timidly, continuing to look at me worriedly.

“No, no. I’ll go back to Ryan’s and hang out with Adrienne. She’s bound to be kinda lonely,” I smiled, making my way towards the door, “I’ll see you later.” I smiled at them, before leaving Holly’s room and house and making my way to the music store.

-x-x-

I had spent a few hours at the music store, playing the piano, mucking around with a guitar and talking to Michael the entire time I did so. I even got a nickname from him; Kanga. That made me laugh as I was ‘Kanga’ and Holly was ‘Roo.’ Michael’s cool; no wonder he and Holly had gotten so close. Once it had started to get dark, I bid adieu to Michael and began to walk to Ryan’s house.

I used the key Ryan had cut for me, to gain entry into the house before I made my way upstairs to my room. I put my backpack down and walked back downstairs to the kitchen. I knew Adrienne was home because her bag and keys were downstairs as well as her sunglasses. I decided I would make some dinner and put William’s teachings to use.

Many times I had watched him cook, and he’d explain what he was doing. The one dish I knew by heart now was homemade spaghetti bolognaise and garlic bread. Not the canned/ frozen stuff, actual homemade-y stuff. Thank you Billiam.

Once I had decided upon cooking, I got out the essential food items, got the stove and over ready and all that jazz. This was going to be fun.

-x-x-

I had just put the garlic bread in the over when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Wait! I could hear two pairs of footsteps! My head shot up and I saw Adrienne dressed in a robe as well as a man ,who looked oddly familiar, was also dressed in a robe.

“Uhh, hi.” I said awkwardly, looking down and focussing on the cutting board.

“Evie! Sweetheart, are you cooking?” Adrienne asked with shock apparent on her face.

“Umm yeah, I-I thought it’d be nice.” I replied quietly, looking up for only a moment.

The man beside Adrienne was studying me intently. His brows furrowed and his eyes narrowed upon me, making me feel uncomfortable. Even when I looked away, I could feel his eyes on me.

Suddenly, the oven’s timer went off, giving me an excuse to busy myself once again. I quickly excused myself and got the garlic bread out, setting it upon the cutting board, as well as adding the final touches to the spaghetti.

Oh! Sweetheart, this is Tony. Tony, this is Evie.” Adrienne said quickly, gesturing towards me and the man.

“Hi.” I said to him quietly, adding a small wave.

He nodded in reply and continued to study me.

“Well, Tony and I will get changed and join you ok?” Adrienne smiled, grabbing Tony’s hand and leading him back upstairs, most presumably, to her room.

I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding before setting the dining table and getting the food organised.

-x-x-

“That was delicious Evie! Wasn’t it Tony?” Adrienne exclaimed once we had all finished.

“Yes, it was very nice. Thank you hon.” Tony complimented, causing me to look down with a small smile covering my lips.

“No problem.” I said quietly, getting up and grabbing the leftovers and plates before beginning to clean up.

“We’ll take this alright honey? You’ve done more than enough.” Adrienne stated, taking everything from me.

“Oh, ok. Thank you.” I smiled, turning around and walking upstairs to my room, not letting it pass me how Tony was once again studying my existence.

I don’t know why, but it was like... I dunno, but I didn’t like being around him. I suppose I’ll have to get used to him, besides, Adrienne explained to me how they’re dating and have been for a while. Something about him just... I dunno. Me and my weird vibes.

-x-x-

“Hello?” I yawned into the phone when I picked it up the next morning, before sitting up groggily in bed.

“Good morning beautiful.” Brendon’s smooth and gorgeous voice flew through the phone.

“Morning babe.” I smiled, lying back on the bed with the phone still pressed against my ear.

“How’s my girl this morning?” he asked happily.

My girl? Awwe!

“I’m good. How about you rockstar?” I giggled quietly, careful not to wake up Adrienne.

“Good.... missing you though.” He added sincerely, I could almost picture him pouting.

“Awwe. I’ll see you soon hun. 1 month... I think, I don’t remember.” I chuckled, trying to remember, but it coming to no avail.

“Yeah... Oh, Ryan wishes to exchange words with you. Would that be alright by my fair maiden?” he asked in a European accent.

“It certainly would be. I’ll talk to you later hun.” I smiled.

“Ok. Bye love.”

“Bye.”

There were a few noises as the phone was passed over but it was soon replaced by Ryan’s voice.

“Hey Evie. How’s it going?” he asked me.

“Good... did you know that your mum has a boyfriend?” I asked him quietly.

WHAT?! ARE YOU SERIOUS!” he shouted, I had to hold the phone away from my ear.

“Yeah. His name is Tony and whenever I’m around him, he looks at me like he’s studying my existence... he also seems oddly familiar and it kinda scares me.” I admitted to him.

“I can’t believe she never told me...” Ryan said sadly.

“Yeah... change of subject, how is everything? Are you all ok? Did you forget anything?” I asked.

He chuckled, “Nah, we’re all good. The bus is awesome!” he exclaimed happily.

“Cool. Well, I’ll leave you to it. Can you give Bren a hug for me?” I asked timidly.

“Sure hon, hold on,” he told me and then I heard him shout out ‘Bren! Oi man, this is from your girl!’ then a thump... uhh ok?

“Ryan? Ryan?” I repeated, not getting an answer.

“Evie?” a different voice asked.

“Uhh yeah?” I replied, a little worried.

“Oh, it’s Spence. Ryan’s kinda smothering Bren in a hug right now.” He said laughing.

“Ok. Why don't you join in?” I suggested, giggling, “I have to go. Have a great day!” I told him after.

“You too. Bye.” He replied before hanging up.

I sighed before throwing the doona off of me and getting out of bed. I grabbed a casual, short black dress, knee high odd socks, a red ribbon and my ratty converses before walking into the bathroom and having a shower. Once that was done, I pulled on my dress, tying the red ribbon around my waist, slipped on my socks and pulled on my shoes.

I then walked back into my room, grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs. One apple and a glass of water later, I made my way out the door, ready to go and see Holly. I know for a fact that she slept over at Bill’s last night so that added an extra 20 minutes to my journey but so what? I didn’t have anything else to do anyways.

I walked along happily, listening to the wind in the trees, the cars going by and general noises you would hear in a neighbourhood. I suddenly remembered giving my journal to Holly and Bill.

I wonder how they’ll react to everything in it! I mean-it’s completely uncensored! Every little detail I wrote down... stop. I’m sure it’ll be fine... should I have even given them the journal in the first place? Stop it! You trust them with your life, they’re your family, you love them and they love you. They’re here for you.

Once I had snapped out of my thoughts, I noticed I was getting closer and closer to William’s house. I put my shoulders back and stood confidently.

Let’s do this.
Sign up to rate and review this story