Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X > Just A Dream

In The Courtyard

by purple_blaze_ffx 0 reviews

Rikku finally gets to see him again, but will she pay the price to stay with him forever?

Category: Final Fantasy X - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Auron,Rikku - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2008-11-19 - Updated: 2008-11-20 - 267 words

0Unrated

Disclaimer: I don't own Final Fantasy X or the song "Just a Dream" by Carrie Underwood.

"Why did you leave me? Didn't you know I loved you?!"

Rikku heard leaves rustle behind her and felt a warm comforting hand on her shoulder.

"I loved you too, but I didn't want to leave..."

"Why did you then?!"

"It was my time, Rikku. I apologize..."

"Hmph, 'I apologize?'"

"I do have one question for you, Rikku."

"Oh yeah, what's that?"

"Would you rather grieve me in life or join me in death? I want you to think about this because once it's done, it's done."

Then Auron disappeared in a cloud of pyreflies. Rikku went running back to the church in shock of what had just happened. She stood outside the doors, just as she did before, and tried to regain control of herself. She opened the door only to find the funeral ending.

The preacherman said let us bow our heads and pray
Lord please lift his soul
And heal this hurt
Rikku walked back to her seat and sat down shaking.
Then the congregation all stood up and sang
The saddest song that she ever heard


Rikku was tapped lightly on the shoulder and handed "his" most prized possesion. Somehow "he" had left behind his masamune although she clearly saw it on his back when Yuna sent him. It didn' t matter now, she still had a choice to make...

Then they handed her
A folded up flag and she held on
To all she had left of him
Oh and when what could have been
Sign up to rate and review this story