Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I've got headache's and bad luck

"I was never good at connect the dots"

by sock_monkey 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-11-23 - Updated: 2008-11-24 - 2235 words

0Unrated
MERIDETH'S POV

David is about to plunge a knife into my chest when something starts to shake me.

I open my eyes and look up to see Pete's beautiful brown ones staring down at me with the most caring expression. He can't keep staring at me like that or I'll fall even harder for him. Which is pretty much impossible.

"We're here." he whispered trying not to startle me.

His arms are around my shoulders and mine are around his waist. I lift my head from his shoulder and quickly untangle myself from him to stretch.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Ummm......6 o'clock." he said after glancing at his phone.

I nodded my head and got out of the car. Pete quickly followed behind me. Once we were both out of the car we went to meet Patrick and the others.

Before we actually walked in they all simultaneously put on their sunglasses. I assumed they did that so they wouldn't be mobbed by rabid fans but I could be wrong. We went in and saw a whole bunch of people waiting for a table. Ryan went up to the hostess and a table magically opened up.

She told us to follow her and then started to lead us through the restaurant. I was walking next to Pete and behind Ryan. Man was this place nice I thought as I was looking around. Suddenly I noticed a very familiar person in the back of the restaurant. I pocked Pete in the side to get his attention.

"I found Brendon." I whispered.

He gave me a look like I was crazy until I pointed over to the table I had been looking at earlier.

"Oh........Who's he with?" he asked while squinting trying to get a better look.

"I think it's the girl from the hospital who ran into him." I said.

He nodded his head in agreement. Then we got to our table and sat down. I sat next to William and Pete. After everyone being settled and our orders being taken Pete quickly explained to everyone about Brendon. And being the idiots that they are they all turned to stare at him.

"Guy's quit staring you'll ruin his date!" I said hoping Brendon hadn't noticed that the whole table staring.

But of coarse everyone turned to stare at me after I said that.

"How do you know they're on a date?" Ryan squeaked.

"Well lets see it's just the two of them at a nice, quite, dark restaurant connect the dots." I said.

"I was never good at connect the dots." Gabe said while looking ashamed.

After that randomness the waiter came with our food.

"You only got a salad?" Pete asked which made everyone turn and stare at me again.

"Yeah I'm not that hungry." I said.

I could feel my face turning red. I don't like to talk about my eating habits in front of anyone let alone guys.

About an hour and a half has passed and the conversations are still going strong but I can barely keep my eyes open.

"Hey Pete can I have the keys?" I asked when I noticed a pause in the conversation he was having with Ryland.

"Um sure...........Why?" he asked while digging in his pocket for the keys.

"I'm really tired I was wanting to go lay down in the car," I said then yawned.

"But You've barely touched your sald," he said.

"I know but I'm just so exhausted," I said while giving him a pout.

"How about me and you just get a cab back and Patrick can take his car when he is ready?" he asked while taking out his wallet.

"You don't have to I can just sleep in the back until you guys are done," I said trying not to be much trouble.

"No it's okay I'm ready to go home too," he said.

I nodded and took my wallet out to pay for my food. Then Pete gave me a look.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Paying for my meal," I said while trying to count out my money.

"But I'm paying for you," he said like it's the most natural thing in the world.

"Since when?" I asked.

"Since I invited you to eat with us," he said while trying to push my wallet back in my pocket.

"NO," I said.

I didn't want him to pay for me it's not like we're on a date or anything. I'm not his girlfriend so it shouldn't matter.

He's a nice guy for offering though, it is really sweet of him.

"Yes, do we have to go through me poking you till you give in again? 'cause I will. Don't test me," he said jokingly.

"Fine!" I said I didn't want to go through the poking again.

I gave in and let him win.......... Or so he thought, I am planning on putting the money some where he would find it as soon as he wasn't paying attention to me.

We got up, said our goodbyes, and started walking to the door. Before we even got to the middle of the room Pete grabbed my arm and dragged me away from the door.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"We are going to go see Brendon," he said.

"Do I have a choice?" I whined.

"Nope," he said while walking a little faster.

"Fine just don't tell him about everyone else being here. It'll make him nervous or make him freak out at us and i don't like people yelling at me. Especially in public," I said while trying to keep up.

Pete didn't respond because by that time we were at the table. Brendon and the girl were laughing and you could tell they were having an extremely good time.

"Hey Merideth look who it is!" Pete said faking shock.

Brendon and the girl both looked up.

"Hey guys what are you doing here?" Brendon said.

He look unhappy to see us.

"Umm...........?" Pete said looking to me for help.

OH CRAP! He doesn't know what to say.

Brendon is going to find out that a whole bunch of people are watching him. He will notice then start freaking out and yelling. Then it will come out that I told Pete that he was over here and Brendon would be extreamly pissed at me and everyone else. Everyone will turn on me then I won't have friends any more. I willed myself to think up a good excuse.

"We were..........on......a......date?" I said while grabbing Pete's hand and interlocking our fingers.

I'm praying that Pete will just go along with it and that he wont start freaking out either. To my surprise he just smiled wider and squeezed my hand.

Brendon's face looked a little shocked.

To break the awkward silence I turned to the girl Brendon was with, "Hi I'm Merideth."

"Hi I'm Sophie," she said while shaking my hand.

"Well it was nice to see you again Brendon, nice to meet you Sophie but we should get going Pete," I said while attempting to drag Pete toward the door.

"Call Me!" Pete said to Brendon before walking to the door with me.

We got outside and he hailed a cab.

My heart is beating so fast because Pete still hasn't let go of my hand. Not that I'm complaining.

It was only a few minutes till a cab came. We got in the back and lucky me I got a seat in clear view of the driver. I got a good look at the driver before he could see me. I quickly jumped onto Pete, who is sitting behind the driver, I sat in his lap and hid my face in his hoodie.

He seemed confused but he wrapped his free arm, the one that wasn't holding my hand, around me.

I was hoping the driver couldn't see my face so he couldn't recognize me.

Suddenly my phone started vibrating, nearly scaring me to death. I took my phone out and saw a text message from Pete.



PETE: Hey R U alright? Whats going on?

ME: Im fine sorry 4 just jumping on you........ wait how did u get this #?

PETE: I put my # in last night and I put ur # in my phone...... Dont ignore my ? Whats going on?

ME: Oh um........well......the driver is david

PETE: the guy who killed ur mom

ME: yes

PETE: so u dont want him 2 c ur face so he wont no its u

ME: yeah

PETE: ok we wont let him c ur face then



Pete put his phone away and started stroking my hair in a comforting way.

I had my hands in his hoodie pocket anyway so I took this time to put the money for my food in there.

"Is she okay?" David asked.

"Yes she is fine," Pete said in a clipped tone.

He sounded so angry.

"Is your girlfriend drunk or high?" David asked.

"She's just sleeping," Pete said holding me a little tighter.

I'm surprised that he didn't say that I wasn't his girlfriend. Pete squeezed my hand in reassurance but didn't let go.

A few minutes later we pulled up to Pete's house. Pete paid David and then picked me up bridal style. He positioned his hoodie so that it was over my face and David couldn't recognize me.

We went in his house and he locked the door behind us. He sat me down on the couch. Then he sat next to me. He took a breath. I assume he was getting ready to lecture me when his phone rang.

He got it out and then turned to me "We're still going to talk so don't go anywhere." he said then answered his phone.

I wonder what he wants to talk about? I hope it isn't the whole date thing. What? It was the first thing that came to my mind and Brendon completely bought it. I don't think it's that though because he is still playing with my hand even though he is on the phone.

I was still thinking about his hand in mine when the snapping of his phone shut brought me out of my thoughts. I looked up into his eyes.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked in a small voice.

"I just wanted to make sure you're okay after seeing David." he said.

I'm so relieved that he wasn't mad at me.

"Yeah I'm fine I was just a little scared that he would notice me." I assured.

"Okay well that was Patrick and the label is making us play a show tonight. If you don't want to go then that's fine." he said.

"NO I want to go but with the cast I probably won't be able to be in the crowd." I said.

Now I'm bummed, I wont be able to go to my first Fall Out Boy concert and I'll be stuck here by myself.

"You can watch from the side of the stage." he proposed.

"YES!!!!!!!!!" I yelled and attempted to jump up and dance. I was ecstatic that I would be able to see them play.

But me being my clumsy not to mention injured self fell over, hit the chair next to the couch, and landed with a thud on the floor. Pete rushed over and kneeled next to me.

"Are you okay? Do I need to call an ambulance?" he asked franticly.

"I'm fine," I said.

I just stayed where I was. Pete on the other hand started laughing like a hyena and rolling on the floor holding his sides.

I took it as my opportunity to jump on him and start tickling him like he did to me this morning. He squirmed around underneath me.

"S..Stop....P.Please.....S.Stop," he begged me.

I couldn't help but to give in when he turned those begging eyes on me. I got up and held out my hand to help him up. He took my hand and stood up.

After I helped him up we were really close together. All I wanted to do was kiss him or jump him and rip off all his clothes. He leaned in even closer to me. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach flying around like crazy.

He put his hand on my neck and got even closer. Our lips are probably about a half an inch apart. My eyes are starting to close and then his lips crashed into mine and I kissed back.

It was the most amazing feeling in the world. His lips are so soft and warm. My heart is beating faster and it's like fireworks are going off.

Then it ended. He pulled back and we just stood there staring at each other for like ten minutes.

Finally I decided to break the silence, "UM.....Wow........" i said. I couldn't think, my brain was just all foggy. "Maybe we should go get ready for the concert and talk ab'out this later." he said kindly with a goofy yet adorable smile on his face. "Yeah..We Should." I said dreamily. Then we both went to our rooms to get ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
well here is the new chapter. I hope you liked it. Review please. Tell me what you think or where you think this story will end up.
Sign up to rate and review this story