Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Attack of the Fanfic Punch Lines!

Attack of the Fanfic Punch Lines!

by ThisbeHecate 0 reviews

Summary: What happens when Harry reads Fan fiction instead of doing his Potions Homework? Well, he enlists others help in using punch lines from fics to confuse Snape in class. Other than Ron and H...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Harry,Snape - Published: 2008-11-24 - Updated: 2008-11-24 - 1384 words - Complete

1Funny
A/N: Still don't own anything really... except my car... wait, the bank still owns that... yea, still don't own anything, so don't sue. There will be a much longer AN at the end of this fic as I had much help with this!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
For the third night in a row, Ron woke in the middle of the night. Turning over in his bed, he noticed that Harry's bed was, for the third night in a row, empty. With a groan and a roll of his eyes, Ron slipped out of bed. He stepped into his slippers and tiptoed his way across the room so as to not wake his other dorm mates. Quickly now, as he was quite cold, Ron made his way down the spiral stairs and into the common room.

Sure enough, before he even reached the bottom of the steps, he saw the familiar blue glow. Making the last turn, Ron stepped into the common room, and saw Harry exactly where he thought he would find him. There he was, seated in front of the computer that Hermione had gotten to work somehow. As he walked closer, he saw that Harry was on the same site he was always on. Reading Fanfiction... about HIM!

"Harry!" Ron hissed across the room in a low voice that carried nonetheless.

Ron did, however, have the pleasure of watching Harry jump at the sound of his voice, and allowed himself a tiny chuckle.

"Harry," Ron said once Harry had turned towards him. "Come on, classes tomorrow!"

"Go on." Was Harry's reply. "I'll be up soon."

With that Harry was lost once more. Ron threw his hands in the air, giving up. He turned and made his way back up stairs, to his nice warm bed waiting for him. Once under his blankets once more, Ron was out. He never knew whether Harry had made it to sleep that night or not.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Either Harry never made it to bed, or he was up and dressed before Ron was awake the next morning. By the time Ron made it to the common room, Harry was back at the only place you could find the boy any longer. Ron stood behind the chair Harry sat at, waiting for Hermione to come down the stairs so the three could go down for some breakfast before class. Ron didn't bother trying to talk to Harry, as he knew it would be pointless. To get his attention Ron simply raised his hand, and poked his best friend in the side of his head.

"Oi!" Harry said, rubbing his head, and turned to Ron. "What was that for?"

"Well," Ron said. "I knew that if I tried talking to you, you would never have noticed. So what would the point have been?"

"But still." Harry replied, still glaring at Ron. "Whadda want?"

"You do your potions homework by any chance?"

The blank and vacant expression on his friends face answered the question for him.

"Harry! Geesh, did you forget we even have classes anymore?"

"No." Harry was turning back around in his chair, Ron could tell he was losing him again. "I'll do it before class."

"Mate," Ron said, "we have potions first thing."

"Right, I'll do it first thing, that's right..."

At that moment, Hermione finally made her way into the common room, between her and Ron, they were able to pull Harry along to the Great Hall for breakfast.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
"You do realize, Hermione," Ron attempted to say, his mouth so full of toast he sprayed half chewed pieces at the students across from him, which unfortunately for them was Harry and Ginny. "Oops, sorry guys."

Once Ron finished chewing, he tried again.

"You do realize, Hermione, that this," here, he pointed to Harry who was attempting to do his potions homework before class. "is all your fault, right?"

"My fault?" Hermione asked, her voice rising an octave. "If he showed some restraint-"

"Harry?" Ron cut Hermione off. "Show restraint? Ha! If you hadn't figured out how to work it-"

"I AM sitting right here you know!" Harry said, his temper rising finally.

Both his friends flinched and seemed to shrink a bit, and shot him apologetic looks. Seeing the looks Harry simply muttered "Yea, yea."

Suddenly, he threw his quill down, and to Hermione and Ron's shock, began tearing his potions homework into little strips.

"HARRY!" Hermione squealed in anguish. "What are you doing? You could get partial credit!"

She attempted to save the roll of parchment, but Harry rose, and pulled it out of her reach. He shot her an odd look.

"You actually thought I was sitting here, doing homework? Ha. No. Here."

He tossed a few strips of paper at her and Ron. They caught them instinctively and began reading them. After each, Ron laughed harder and harder, while Hermione paled more and more.

"Harry-" Hermione said. "I'm not-"

"What-" Ron muttered. "You okay, mate?"

"Hermione, Ron," Harry got their attention. "Hermione! Yes, you are. You are. Ron, yes, I am. And you are too. When I tell you to, you will read these. Yes you will!" He said more forcefully when he saw Hermione was about to argue more. "Hey, I saved you all from Voldemort, you OWE me, remember?"

With that, both Ron and Hermione sat, and closed their mouths. They shared a look, and looked up at Harry and nodded.

"Good." Harry said. Then he turned on his heel. "I need to see the headmaster."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"You owe me, old man!" Harry said.

"Okay, okay." Dumbledore replied.

"Good. See ya! I have to get to potions."

"Have a... well... interesting class?"

"Oh, I will, thanks."
______________________________________________________________________________________________
"Well, well, well." Snape said as he saw Harry slip through the partially opened door and attempt to slink into his seat unnoticed. "Look who decided to join us! Thank-you for finally gracing us with your presence."

Behind his back, Harry made a hand movement to Ron, unnoticed to Snape and inside, Ron groaned, it was time.

"Professor," Ron said, taking the heat off his friend. "It was my fault, he was helping me."

"Oh? Is that so Mr. Weasley?" Snape turned his scowl from Harry to Ron. "And just what service did Mr. Potter offer you?"

"Well," Here, Ron looked embarrassed. He was supposed to, for the joke, but he didn't have to fake it either. He was embarrassed. "Hermione and I got in a fight."

"Oh?" Was the only response Snape gave.

Leaning over Hermione who was seated between Harry and Ron at the table, Harry barely spared a glance at Snape, who was now standing by Ron, and instead raised an eyebrow and shot an empathetic look at Ron and spoke.

"Didn't think she'd make fliers of you cuddling with Crookshanks when you started arguing with her, did you?"(1)

"No." was Ron's reply, his ears were so red, they were purple. The entire class erupted in laughter. Even Snape had difficulty not imagining a picture with Weasley hugging and kissing a hissing and scratching Crookshanks. (Everyone knew Crookshanks didn't like Ron)

"Don't worry, Ron, I got 'em all."

"That's what you think." Was Hermione's ad lib, and luckily, only Hermione and Ron saw look of glee come into Harry's eye at her added comment. "You're not allowed in the girls toilets." She shot at Harry. All the girls swore that as soon as the bell rang, they were making a mad dash for the closest bathroom.

Snape froze as he heard the word fliers. He turned all his attention from the two boys and focused instead on the brains of the trio. He stood a few moments, just staring, with a calculating look on his face, almost... approving of what she had done perhaps? Almost as soon as it was there, it was gone, and class was under way.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N:Well, looks like this one wont be a one-shot like all the rest, or this would be incredibly long... so, it's going to be a few chapters.

Now, if you have all read closely enough, you should have all seen a number 1 up there /\ next to a quote. Well, that would be because that quote is not mine. That belongs to writingxonxwalls in the story 'Anger Management' WONDERFULLY funny fic, that one. check it out.
Sign up to rate and review this story