Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Butterflies.

Unnoticed?

by GeeWayRocksMCR 1 review

Maybe Cynthia wasn't that subtle, after all.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-11-28 - Updated: 2008-11-28 - 504 words

1Original
Chapter 2~~~~~~~~

~~Gerard's side of the cafeteria, same time.~~


"Ray, have you seen my sketchbook anywhere? I think I left it in art, and you have the period after me," Gerard said casually. He misplaced his art books all the time, and they usually found a way back to him.

Fishing a spoonful of pudding out of Frank's tray, Ray shoved the treat in his mouth before Frank could protest. "Gee, thanks, man. My last bite of pudding!" He said, pretending to be hurt.

Ray laughed and turned to Gerard, who put his arm in from of his pudding protectively. "No, i haven't seen it anywhere. Do you think you might have left it under the oak tree again? That's where it was last time."

"Yeah, probably," Said Gerard sadly. He was in the middle of a drawing and didn't want to lose his inspiration.

Slowly, as lunch progressed, the table settled into an oddly peaceful silence. Gerard finished his mashed potatoes and was going to pick up his tray when, while casually looking out, he saw something rare.

Among the tables of bright preps and school-coloured jocks was a single empty table with only one person sitting at it. A small looking girl with dark hair and brilliant eyes, wearing mostly black and.... Drawing? Gerard took a closer look. Yes, drawing. Suddenly the girl was blocked from view as Lucy, the school's girliest bully came into the picture. Gerard saw her rip the strange girl's drawing off, and, a few moments later, walk off in a huffy fit. There were very few who could make Lucy walk off like that. Apparently the other guys noticed, as well.

"Wow." Frank said, simply.

"Amazing." Bob said, in awe.

"Holy shit." Ray said, bluntly.

"Well, fuck me in bed with a toaster." Mikey said, breaking the odd tension that had formed.

Gerard sighed and grabbed his tray, wondering who the new girl was. Perhaps she would like some friends?

"Yeah right, your friends call you 'Uncle Jiggy' and you're into comics and LAN parties. Like anyone like her would want a guy like you." Gerard said to himself, demolishing the thoughts of a girl. Suddenly, he bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry. That's my fault, I'm always clumsy..." Said a strange voice.

Gerard looked up and saw the new girl.

"No, it's mine." He laughed nervously. "Um, would you like to come sit with me and my friends, or something, sometime? I mean, you don't have to or anything, but it looked like you were sitting alone and i know how tough it can be at a new high school, and how it seems like everyone's already formed clicks and everything. And me and my friends don't really hang out with girls much, so you would be a nice change of scenery, and-"

He was cut short by a finger on his lips.

"Yes, I would love to. I'm Cynthia."

Gerard smiled.

"And you are.....?" Cynthia said brutely.

"Oh, sorry. I'm Gerard."

And with that, they were off.
Sign up to rate and review this story