Categories > Original > Drama > Bloody Rose Pt. II

Something Amazing

by MazzusKeesaji 0 reviews

Zen and Kara spend some time together. And Zen decides to take a chance

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-12-02 - Updated: 2008-12-02 - 850 words

0Unrated
"So, what's up with you and Erica?" Kara asked. "Nothing. She and I just hung out last weekend because SOMEBODY had 'more important' things to do than spend time with her best friend." "Best Friend? Chrissy was busy too. How could I have hung out with her?" Kara laughed as she looked at Zen. "Damn. That stung a bit. We're not friends?" Zen said. "Oh shut-up. I meant it in a nice way. Us being best friends would suck" "And why is that?" "Never mind. Just drive" Kara said, smirking

"What movie are we watching?" Kara asked. "You pick. You know what I like" Zen said from the kitchen of Kara's apartment. "Yes, but I'm not interested in pleasing you. So we're watching a girlie movie." "So long as the girls are hot I am willing to suffer through whatever you pick" They laughed as Zen walked over to the couch with a bowl of popcorn. He chuckled a bit as he sat down next to Kara. "What's so funny?" "Nothing. I was just...never mind." He continued laughing and smiled at her. "You can't still be thinking about what happened last time. I swear I really did forget. But I didn't do it on purpose." Kara punched Zen in the arm as she said this. "Hey now. No need for violence. Not my fault you took an hour long shower and then came out of the bathroom singing 'Bohemian Rhapsody' wearing a towel. Just be glad I didn't tell anybody." Zen threw popcorn at Kara as he said this. As with every 'midnight matinee' they'd had since their friendship began, 2 years ago, it started with the throwing of popcorn and random arguing. Lately there seemed like there was something...more, but they chose to ignore it. Making a big deal out of it would just make it all worse.

As the two sat on the couch watching the movie, Kara leaning on Zen, a sudden feeling of amour fell over the room. The two felt a...warmness...in the room. Perhaps it was because the movie was at a romantic part. Perhaps it was because it was 1am. It was not anything new for them, however something was different this time around. Zen could feel it. Kara felt it too. They knew though couldn't act on it. They couldn't risk changing everything...Could They?

"You sure you don't wanna stay. Aside from it being like 4am, it would be pointless to leave when you have to come back out this way in 2 hours. You'll at least get some sleep here. I won't pester you too much." Kara said to Zen smiling. Zen wanted to stay. Every other night that he spent with her was fun. But tonight felt...different. He didn't want to risk anything bad happening. He didn't want to risk ruining things with her like he had done before. But he kept thinking about the promise he made to himself at his graduation party. 'No More Regrets'. But this was different. This was Kara. "Yeah I'm sure. I have to get my stuff for practice anyways. I'll be fine. I've done shows without sleep so practice should be pie." He smiled as he opened the door. He turned around and looked at Kara. He decided it would be for the best to not act on the feelings...They hugged, like always. They would hug for quite sometime though. It would be nothing too new. But this time it felt...different...
"Good night Zen. Drive safe. I'll see you in 2 hours. If you get hurt I'll never forgive you" Kara laughed as she said this. It was a 'tradition' for them to say that to each other. "I'll be fine. Goodnight Kara." He turned to walk to his car as he said this. She closed the door. As he was walking, he kept thinking to himself, No Regrets.
He turned to walk back to the door. No Regrets....I'm gonna fuck this up, I just know it.
He paused before ringing the door bell. No Regrets. He rang the door bell, as he kept repeating this saying to himself over and over again. She opened the door. Before either of them could say anything he had done it...He kissed her. She half expected it. When she opened the door she knew. She knew that look that he had in his eyes. She knew it was going to happen. And, truthfully, she wanted it to happen...It seemed like forever. He wished it was forever. He wanted this moment to last for an eternity. "I've wanted to do that for 3 long years. But I couldn't bring myself to risk it. But I'm not afraid anymore. I would rather fail than never try. Well, actually I would prefer to succeed but you get the point." The look in his eyes said every word he ever wanted to say to her. The look in her eyes spoke volumes to him. Happiness, shock, relief. They felt this wonderful feeling overtake them. It was a wonderful night. The beginning of something...Amazing
Sign up to rate and review this story