Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Heaven Help Us

Meet The Parents

by xx__ilovemikey__xx 3 reviews

Frank meets Gee's family and Gerard is surprised when he meets Frank's dad...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-12-03 - Updated: 2008-12-03 - 2557 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard's POV

I was grateful when Monday finally came around and I would see frank again,

Trying to find something good to wear on a Monday morning proved to be difficult and also made me late as usual.
I ran to school, arriving out of breath and ten minutes late to registration.

The first person I searched for when I arrived was of course sitting in his seat, frowning in concentration at Mr. Gray who turned to me, also frowning.

"Are you going to continue gazing at Frank, Mr. Way, or are you going to tell me why you are so late?" Mr. Gray said, far too loudly, comments and chuckles coming form the class as I tried to keep my focus on him and my face from flushing a deep shade of red.

"I just slept in, sorry" I lied
"Well I suggest you get yourself an alarm..." Mr. Gray began, I didn’t hear what else he said as I turned my attention to what Frankie was wearing- a black and white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, the top three buttons undone, leaving glimpses of his porcelain smooth chest, white skinny jeans that clung to his beautifully skinny legs, his hair, jet black, fell over his pale skin.

Gerard!" Mr. Gray shouted, making me jump a foot in the air.
"Yeah?" I replied, dragging my eyes away from the angel and back to him.

"Maybe I should send Frank to come and wake you in the morning; he seems to be keeping your attention well!" Mr. Gray continued to bellow- more laughing and remarks form the obviously amused class and Frankie went pink out the corner of my eye.

I went red again and fixed my eyes to the floor, mortified at how right Mr. Gray was.
"Sorry" I muttered
"Just take your seat Gerard" Mr. Gray sighed.

I shuffled to the back of the class, dodging paper and 'faggot' jokes from the rest of the class.
Frank smiled at me, those gorgeous honey coloured eyes lighting up.

"Hey Gee" he whispered
"Hi Frankie" I whispered back and returned his smile.
"I wanna tell you something at lunch" he replied with a grin before going back to the class.

I was dying to know what Frank wanted to tell me but he insisted I wait till lunch.
I didn’t think the lessons were that important seeing as it was the last week before the Christmas holiday but Frank seemed to find something in them so I didn’t have much choice.

At lunch we brought our 'food' and sat at the usual table.
"So will you tell me now Frankie?" I said
"Well...how would you feel about going to a wedding?" he said with a grin.
"What are you talking about hun?" I replied, confused.
"My mom is getting married on the 31st and well she wants me to be a bridesmaid!" he shouted excitedly

I was pretty sure there was another term for a guy that was gonna be a bridesmaid but I didn’t want to ruin Frankie's fun.
"So I would need to go up for the weekend and I want you to come with me! she said I could bring someone..." he continued.

He looked so psyched, I didn’t want to say no, plus, how bad could it be? So I said yes and his face lit up.

"Wow Gee! It's gonna be so fun!" he shouted and a few people near us turned to stare.

Lunch went by quickly and so did the rest of the day...
I said goodbye to Frank at the end of the day and he bounced off down the road after giving me the biggest hug that someone that small could.

The rest of the week also seemed to follow he same patter, I was late every day, trying to find something to wear but always turning up to see Frankie looking more beautiful than the day before.

Before I knew it, it was Friday and the last day of school eventually.

Usually I would never be caught dead in school on the last day, I never went to school in general but especially not on the last day and I wasn’t prepared to break that record.
I walked into registration late again, by this time Mr. Gray just ignored me and I walked straight to my seat.

"Frankie?" I whispered
"Yeah Gee" he said
"How do you fancy cutting classes today and coming up to mine?" I said hopefully
"But...Gee..We have school!" he said innocently
"It’s just the last day hun, we won’t miss anything and plus, its Christmas eve..dont you wanna do something special...nobody will even notice we are gone" I assured him

"Well Gee. I dunno" he said uncertainly
"You don’t have to if you really don’t want to sweetie but I am going" I replied

He bit down on his bottom lip cutely and then smiled.
“Ok…I’ll come but promise nobody will know?” he said

“I promise” I said to him, smiling, his worrying was so adorable.

I sat impatiently through the rest of registration, the bell rang finally and I took Frank’s hand, ignoring the loudly shouted comments and gripped his hand tight as we marched out the school without looking back.

“Are you sure its okay to go to yours?” Frankie asked worryingly
“Yeah hun, my parents are working, Mikey might home but he doesn’t go to school on the last day either” I said with a smile, swinging his hand.

“Okay” he mumbled
“Its ok sweetie don’t worry…I promise its fine” I said softly, stopping to face him
“I trust you Gee…with my life” he whispered and kissed my cheek
“I trust you too Frankie…always will” I replied softly.

We walked on with only the sounds of my footsteps as Frank didn’t make a sound when he walked, I sensed that Frankie was still nervous about leaving school, not wanting to tell me but I could still tell he was.

We arrived at my house quite quickly and the door was already unlocked- Mikey had beaten me home- so I walked in with Frank shuffling behind me.

Mikey appeared at the top of the stairs with his finger to his lips, gesturing to me to stay quiet as he crept down the stairs, an anxious expression written across his face and muffled voices coming form the kitchen.

“Mom and dad are back” he whispered
I felt Frankie tense up behind me, clinging onto my arm as he heard what Mikey had said.
“They are never home on the last day! They haven’t been back on the last day of school for as long as I can remember!” I whispered back

“Not long this time” Mikey began but was interrupted by my dad’s booming voice coming out of the kitchen towards us.

“Aaah Gerard! Me and your mom had a bet going on how long it would take you to show face! She thought not for another hour yet!” he said jokingly while exchanged bored glances with Mikey, he hated their joking approach to us skipping school just as much as I did.

“Donna! Gerard is back! I win!” he called and my mom came rushing through a couple minutes later.
“Gerard! I thought you would beat Mikey home but when you didn’t, I thought you might have tried to stay for first period but clearly not” she said cheerily while handing fifty dollars to dad.

I had almost forgotten about Frankie until I heard a small squeaky whimper from behind me.
I pulled him to my side with a wide smile.

“Mom, dad, this is Frank, he uh stayed over the other night but had to go before you got a chance to meet him” I said proudly

“Oh its so nice to meet you honey! You are rather small for your age but so cute! You must be the one who has kept a smile on Gerard’s face for the past couple of weeks!” she exclaimed while I rolled my eyes at her last comment.
“Its..g..g..good to meet..you..to..Mr and M…Mrs. Way” Frankie stuttered nervously.
He was so adorable.

“Oh call me Donna and this id Done, dear I’m just glad that you have managed to keep Gerard out of trouble, you are the only one that has managed it so far, so you must be something special, its so lovely to have you” she carried on, obviously enjoying making me go as red as possible.

Frankie managed a smile in return before I pulled him up the stairs with me and I heard him start the ‘you are too young to be skipping classes’ lecture with Mikey, downstairs.

I quickly got changed out of my crappy t-shirt, into a better one and threw on my denim jacket while Frankie sat on my bed, swinging his legs back and forth like a child.

“Your parents are so nice Gee!” he said after a few minutes.
“Not nearly as nice, compared to most” I replied.
“Nicer than mine” Frank muttered to himself.

I turned to face him and his hopeless expression turned to a forced smile that broke my heart.

“So what we gonna do today now that your parents are home?” he said, changing the subject quickly
“Well I thought I could come and see your house, we don’t have to stay, I just wanna see what its like then we could go up to a club or something and celebrate Christmas eve properly” I announced

The colour quickly faded from Frankie’s face and he couldn’t meet my eyes.
“But Gee you wont like my house, you don’t have to go” he mumbled
“Frank honey, it will be okay, I’m sure I’ll love it, are you okay?” I asked him worryingly
“Yeah its fine…uh if you wanna see it then I will take you but be careful Gee okay?” he said seriously

He was being so unbelievably cute, worrying about me, although I had no idea what to be careful of, I didn’t want to upset him so I just nodded.

“Of course I will be hun, lets go” I said and took his hand, leading him out the house
“Going to Frank’s, then to a club, will be back later!” I called and received no reply but as I opened the door, Mikey came shooting out the kitchen.

“Gerard, remember what I told you, he doesn’t deserve it, look after him, and yourself” he said quickly and wrapped his arms around me before I left
I knew Mikey thought I was gonna end up drinking too much but there was no chance I would ever hurt my baby.

We reached Frank’s house in no time.
I couldn’t understand why Frank was so worried; the house looked almost exactly like mine on the outside.
The lock on the door was broken; Frank hesitated slightly before walking in.

The house wasn’t what I had expected at all.
There were so many objects and useless items cluttering the house that had tried to be organized and tidied but there were so many, it had obviously proved impossible.

The walls were a dirty white colour and the floor was gleaming but something about the house was incredibly cold and dark, even with all the working lights on, it wasn’t a happy place for Frankie to be, I could tell by the way he clutched his arms protectively around his chest and the colour drained from his face.

It was utterly impossible for me to think that someone as warm and loving as Frank, came from such a cold and empty house.

Frank’s dad was spread out lazily on the couch and, in a way, he kind of matched the house.

“Boy! Where is my fucking food! I have been waiting for you to get back with it all day!” he shouted and Frank flinched in front of me.
“You never told me to get you anything dad” he replied quietly
“Are you fucking thick! Of course I did, so where is it?!” he continued

I tried to put my arms around a quivering Frankie but he shrugged me away.

“I…didn’t…get it...I forgot…sorry” Frankie whispered
“Well sorry doesn’t get it here! Where the fuck have you been! You were supposed to clean this house this morning and my dishes aren’t going to wash themselves!” Frank’s dad carried on shouting, raising form the couch and towering over Frank who stood firmly in-between me and his father, shaking more violently now.

“I was at school dad…I…I…” Frank stuttered, almost collapsing on me in fear.

Frank’s dad grabbed Frankie by the wrist tightly and dragged him through to the kitchen, leaving me standing in the hall in disbelief as to what was happening.
I heard more shouting and a few plates smashed, followed by Frank’s piercing screams and his dad came thundering out of the kitchen and upstairs.
I rushed into the kitchen to find Frankie lying on the floor, picking up pieces of broken plates with his, already cut, fingers and a deep red cut was slashed across his face.

I threw my arms around him and he cried in my arms, shaking badly.
“Ssshh its okay honey…ssshh” I whispered to him

I couldn’t believe how awful Frank’s dad was.
I had no idea Frank was treated like this, he wasn’t even called by his own name.
I cleaned up the floor for him as he rocked himself in a chair and then cleaned the cuts on his fingers and face.

Taking his hand in mine, I led him out of the house as fast as I could but he stopped halfway down the path.
Tears were streaming down his face as he tried to get the words out.

“Gee I have to go back…if…I…I don’t it will be worse later…please…I…I have to clean…I have to make his dinner…” he stuttered through his tears.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, Frank was the basic servant of the house, he wasn’t treated as a son, or even as a human being but he still wanted to go back to that man.

“Frankie sweetie, I am begging you not to go back there right now, please just come with me, enjoy Christmas, I cant let you go back to that, spend Christmas with me” I said in desperation
“Its been worse Gee…” he mumbled but took my hand and shuffled along the street with me.

----------------------------

A/N hiya :] i am so glad everyone is liking it so far but its about to change quite a bit in the next few chapters but i hope you all keep reading and reviewing.
favourite phrases? its fun to read what you think and your ideas so if you want more just let me know and i will be sure to post more within a couple days if i can :] thankies
xoxo Stazzia
Sign up to rate and review this story