Categories > Original > Fantasy > In his own words.

Nov. 9th, 2008.

by broken_soul 0 reviews

A completely different perspective.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2008-12-05 - Updated: 2008-12-06 - 660 words

0Unrated
“We can’t be here Alex.” Kellan’s voice was unsteady as he spoke, shaking along with his body. It was strange to see someone who usually was the big-and-bad-brave-and-strong one, shaking in his boots. Alex just stared at him for a second before heaving a sigh and shaking his head.

“Then shut the hell up and no one will know we’re in here. Duh.” Alex shot back in a low but harsh whisper. Usually it was Alex who was the rational one, in most cases anyway, so it was even stranger for this to have been his plan. But it was his plan, and he had got too far to back out now.

“Fine, but if we get caught in here I’m so blaming this all on you.”

“I just want to get a few things Kellan; no one is home, so nothing will happen.” With that being said Alex grabbed a backpack off the rocking chair in the living room, his eyes took everything in for the first time in what seemed like forever. It had been so long since he had been in this house; he missed it a lot. His fingers traced a frame around a photograph with two little kids and three adults in it. The kids looked like they had to have been six years old at the latest, little boy putting bunny ears behind the little girl’s head, the little girl smiling like no tomorrow. The adults seemed like they were all old friends, one of the women looking like the little girl and the other two resembling the little boy. A sigh escaped his pink lips as he stared at the photograph thinking.

“I’m sure she’s alright dude, but come on, grab your stuff. We’ve got to get out of here before anyone comes.”

Alex nodded, and rushed upstairs into a bedroom. The walls decorated with posters of all kinds, some of half naked women sitting on cars, and others of various rock bands. Because of the posters, the room seemed dark, almost black, but yet seemingly comfortable to Alex. He didn’t want to leave, even knowing how much danger staying would cost him. Kellan could sense that Alex needed a little push, so he went upstairs as well, standing in the doorway of the bedroom. Alex glanced up at him and then back around the room.

“Come on dude, I know, walk down memory lane and everything. But you already know that if we get caught in here that once we get home Andre will be handing you your ass. Do you really feel like getting killed today?”

“Kellan, I just miss everyone. I miss having a life.”

“I do too, but this is too risky.” Alex sighed and nodded. He knew Kellan was right; which was strange because usually Alex was the reasonable one, the one who usually had to talk sense into Kellan to make sure he didn’t do anything stupid. Usually he had his head on straight; but it had been close to a year, and he was going crazy. Going so crazy that he could’ve sworn he heard his parents stumbling into the door downstairs, laughing. The laughter taunted him, he knew they would have moved on, obviously but he never expected for them to move on this quickly. Then again it was all in his mind.

“Ah shit; dude, hurry the hell up or we’re going to get caught!” Kellan panicked. Alex raised his brows and heard the laughter again, that’s when it hit him that he wasn’t just imaging the giggles and chuckles; they were as real as can be. Panic finally set into him as he threw his backpack filled with clothing and random items onto his back and opened up the window. And then he climbed out and jumped, Kellan following closely behind. They were out of there before anyone realized.
Sign up to rate and review this story