Categories > Original > Fantasy > In his own words.

Nov. 8th, 2008. (pt.2)

by broken_soul 0 reviews

( continuation of Only Thing I haven't done yet is die )

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2008-11-26 - Updated: 2008-11-27 - 1188 words

0Unrated
Boom

Her eyes popped open; darkness surrounded her. She had completely forgotten where she was for a second, amnesia shot through her until she sat up and looked around. The sky above her was barely visible, but what she could see was black with a silver crescent moon and a few stars outlined through the leaves of the arched trees.

A soft whisper was heard as the wind rustled through the branches of the trees and bushes. She looked around and saw no one though. The wind blew past her again; roughly, like a slap in the face, and the whispers seemed closer this time. Still, there was no sign of anything around her. She tried her best to throw off the eerie feeling in the pit of her stomach, her conscience, telling her to get up and leave. She couldn’t find the strength to get up though; her arms gave out on her when she tried so she remained laying on the cold and damp wood, looking up at the night stars.

Crunch

The sound of leaves under someone’s shoe could be heard coming towards her in the far off distance. She tried to sit up again, this time succeeding. Her head shot in the direction of the feet to see nothing by blackness. She waved it off with a sigh, telling her it was just her paranoia playing tricks on her and went to lie back down, but then the crunching started again. Squinting, she tried to look past the darkness, making something out of nothing. It worked.

What looked like three dark figures, were slowly but surely making their way towards her. Their steps seemed too silent to be people, but too loud to be just shadows of her mind games. These figures were definitely something, something her conscience didn’t like, but her body would not cooperate with her brain telling it to move.

“Mm, do you smell that?” A soft whisper looped in the atmosphere. The voice had come from the dark shadows that were still in the far off distance. It was now obvious it was people, but something still seemed off to Cassia about it.

“Yes. It smells,” there was a pause, “delicious.”

Cassia sniffed the air confused, she couldn’t smell anything but moss and polluted water. Before she could make sense of any of her thoughts, one of the figures appeared in front of her. Her body jolted back only to fall onto the knees of one of the others. Her breaths became shorter and her heart race increased at an unsteady rate as fear began setting in.

“Do you hear that? She’s scared,” the one in front of her, who was staring her down very awkwardly, spoke with an uncanny joyful edge. Cassia kept quiet, not like she could talk, she tried to even open her lips and they felt glued shut. She took in deep breaths to try to calm herself down. She tried to move, to at least make it so she was standing up. People towering over her didn’t make her feel very secure. The other person she guessed to be with them hid in the tress. “No, no my dear. You move and it’ll only make it more painful.”

“Camillus, can you just go ahead already? I want to get out of here; I can sense him in the air.” The one in the trees whined.

“Stop being paranoid Caelestis! He’s not here, so can you just shut up and let me at least enjoy this meal?-“ The male continued on, but Cassia blocked out his voice. What was he talking about, let him enjoy his meal? Her orbs absorbed him in, his skin looked fluorescent in the dark; almost like his pale white skin gave off a certain glow. He had straight, thick dark hair that ran past his shoulders. He wore it out, the wind blowing it in his face every now and again. She tried to see the exact color of his eyes, which had to be a dark brown or black; even with the high contrast of his ivory white skin, she couldn’t tell the difference.

“After you my fair lady,” The one she was studying, she believed to be named Camillus said. Nothing happened after he spoke though. “Quintina, don’t tell me you’re scared.”

“No my king, I just don’t- I don’t feel right about this.” The one behind her stuttered.

“Do you wish for your meal to be cooked first?” he chuckled deeply.

“I do not wish to be the one to kill my food, if that’s what you are asking.” The voice from behind her seemed so innocent, almost making Cassia forget for a second that she had said kill. What in the world were they talking about? Cassia was beyond confused at the moment, she wanted to ask but her lips were still glued.

“Caelestis!”

“Camillus, this isn’t right. He’s close, I can feel it. Please, just listen to me this once.” Camillus sighed and then there was a loud gasp coming where Caelestis was. “Fine, just let me go!” Caelestis yelled through short breaths. Cassia shot up one eye brow up, no one else was over by those trees; so what did he mean by let him go? Whatever he meant, Camillus must have listened because then Caelestis’s breathing was back to normal and he was now (in what seemed like a blink of an eye) standing beside Camillus.

This ‘Quintina’ person walked away, and then Cassia felt a sharp pain shot up her back. She groaned and fell onto her side as the pain shot again and again.

“I thought you were in a rush?” Camillus snapped.

Chuckling, Caelestis replied. “I can’t have fun with my food?” Camillus joined in with the chuckling and then it went silent again.

“No, just hurry it up.”

“Mmhm, whatever you say.” Cassia’s eyes snapped shut when she felt her neck being twisted, almost as if Caelestis twisting it was trying to snap it. She could feel Caelestis’s breath on her neck. “This shall only hurt a little,” He whispered darkly in her ear and then she felt her neck snap.

She gasped loud out of pain, and in an attempt to quickly suck in oxygen. Pain surged from her head to her toes as she tensed her body up. It was setting in finally what they were; figments of her Imagination. This was just a really bad dream. It felt too real when a set of lips curled over the nape of her neck and bit through the skin. Blood was slowly being drawn to the tiny puncture wholes in her skin. ‘This is just a bad dream’ she reminded herself in her mind. That was the only way for any of this to make sense at all.

Hiss

A high pitched hiss and angry cry filled her ears as the pressure of Caelestis leaning on her body was lifted and she drowned in pain, completely blacking out.
Sign up to rate and review this story