Categories > Original > Fantasy > In his own words.

Nov. 8th, 2008.

by broken_soul 0 reviews

Only thing I haven't done yet is die.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2008-11-23 - Updated: 2008-11-24 - 371 words

0Unrated
She walked, and walked; and walked some more. Five hours and thirty eight minutes after leaving Ocean’s cozy apartment her legs were sending her signals to stop, she didn’t want to but figured if she didn’t then she was in for some serious payback from her body. Her eyes searched around her, looking for a place to rest. She was no longer in the heart of the city; glass buildings that were like giants were no longer towering over her, feeling as if they would collapse at any moment. Concrete ground still surrounded her, but there was more grass and plants and trees.

A smile tugged at the edges of her lips as she spotted a park up ahead, the field stretched off into what seemed like forever off into a bunch of trees. Curiosity took over, and her legs no longer wanted the rest; now they longed to found out what was in the miniature forest. So she walked through the empty field, and into the trees. The clouds were now hovering over the sun, covering the light that made her felt safe and secure. It was still light out, but there was now an eerie emptiness in the air. She brushed off the feeling though, she wanted to explore.

Beyond the trees it was beautiful; there was a small ravine with a bridge over it, the tree tops curved in an arc overhead and there were tiny winter flowers beginning to spurt. Cassia had never in her life seen anything like it. It was truly amazing. She had to sit and admire the view for awhile; maybe it would give her a chance to clear her mind and think cloudless thoughts for a minute, because during the whole walk the only thing she could think about was Niko.

She took a seat on the wooden bridge, letting her feet hang over so they were just inches away from the water. In her ear, Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy crooned to Thriller. She soundlessly mouthed along to her favorite band and let herself fall back so she was laying flat on the wooden boards. Her vision began getting hazy and sooner then later she was asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story