Categories > Original > Fantasy > In his own words.

Nov 7th & 8th, 2008.

by broken_soul 0 reviews

So hard to say goodbye.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2008-11-19 - Updated: 2008-11-20 - 862 words

0Unrated
It was hard for Cassia to sleep that night; she had so much on her mind. When she closed her eyes Niko’s face clouded her thoughts, filling every aspect of them, she couldn’t stop thinking about him. His prefect blue eyes that reminded her of the Pacific Ocean; making her deep brown orbs feel too plain. His skin so soft, it looked perfectly airbrushed, like he was a model ready for a photo shoot. His pink lips, shaped so flawlessly that they couldn’t have been made for anything other then kissing. He felt like a dream to her. A dream that she would both cherish and despise later on.

He would be stuck in her thoughts and haunt every dream she had, but he could not stop her from wanting to leave. Nothing would stop that yearning to belong. She belonged in Orillia, she was accepted there, she had real friends there; there she had a life. Here life was different, in Toronto where no body is anybody unless you know somebody; and she definitely didn’t know anybody, no body of importance anyway. Except for Ocean and Niko, they were the only exception now. She’d hold them as great friends for the future, but she was leaving.

When morning reached and daylight brought in the bittersweet hum of pigeons and passing cars; Cassia knew she was going to have to start planning her goodbye. How would she leave Niko after they had made such a connection?

I can do this, she told herself. This is a necessary part, I can’t be held back by anything, this is not home.

A sigh escaped from her lips as she pulled herself out of bed and walked into the kitchen to see Ocean and Niko both chowing down on a bowl of Lucky Charms.

“Good morning gorgeous,” Ocean greeted brightly, her personality shined through every word she spoke. Cassia got the feeling that she was never upset, and even if she was, you would never know it.

Niko just looked at her, and that was all of a ‘good morning sunshine’ she needed. He could speak no words to her, and still somehow her heart race would accelerate and feel as if it were about burst her veins and her heart would rip through her chest. Niko could sense that and began to chuckle, paying his attention back to the cartoons on the television and eating his cereal.

“You’re going to stay?” It hurt Cassia to do it, but she shook her head. She couldn’t even bring herself to say she was leaving, never mind move her feet out the door. Ocean frowned. “Not even one more night?”

“If I continue sleeping here I’m gonna end up moving in.” Cassia joked, an attempt to lighten the mood and make her self feel at least a bit better then how she was.

“Well, I wouldn’t have a problem with that.” was Ocean’s reply. Cassia shrugged and shook her head once more.

“No. I can’t do that.” Niko scowled at her, which scared the life out of her. She just let another sad sigh as she walked over to the computer to detach her iPod. She then grabbed her bag and put it on her back.

“Leaving already?” Ocean asked sadly, Cassia nodded again. Her voice was failing her, refusing to work. Niko glared at her for a few seconds, feeling betrayed. He didn’t understand how even after everything that had happened last night, she was still leaving him. He had to accept it though, so he got up and pulled her into a tight hug and pecked her forehead.

“Please, take care of yourself for me. I don’t want to be watching the news and see you as a victim or anything like that alright?” She nodded and half smiled, she wanted to tell him not to worry about her, that she was going to be fine and life would go back to normal for her. Her voice was failing her again though, caught in her throat again. Niko didn’t mind much, he just continued. “I want you to call me if you need help, please Cassia. I will run to you if I have too.”

“I don’t want to leave,” She whispered in his ear, fighting back fresh tears.

He just held her closer and pecked her forehead once more. “Then don’t.”

“It’s not that easy,” she replied and pulled out of the embrace to hug Ocean. Ocean herself was clearly upset, not near tears yet, but still saddened. She ran her fingers through Cassia’s short hair and sighed.

“Listen to him chica, because I want to hear from you too. Let me know when you get to Orillia,” Cassia nodded once more and then took it upon her self to leave, if she hadn’t of left right then and there she wouldn’t have left at all. It was a tough decision to make, but it was made now and there wasn’t much she could do about it now except walk it out.
Sign up to rate and review this story