Categories > Original > Fantasy > In his own words.

Nov 7th, 2008. (pt 3)

by broken_soul 0 reviews

Just want to be close.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2008-11-18 - Updated: 2008-11-19 - 1152 words

0Unrated
Ocean had to go back downstairs to watch the shop, leaving Cassia alone with a plate full of pancakes and Niko. She felt too uncomfortable around Niko, especially now that she was alone with him. Just her, and him, in an apartment with no one else- oh, well there was his father in the back room. But somehow Cassia knew that he wasn’t going to be leaving that room any time soon. So that just that left just her and him. Him and her. Alone.

She could feel his eyes almost burning a hole into her back, not in a glaring and evil way but in an almost curious way. She turned from her food to meet with his curious (and insanely beautiful) eyes. She wasn’t just being paranoid, he was watching her, and that made her feel just a tad bit more uncomfortable- if that was even possible, yet at the same time strangely comforted. He smiled at her, and she could’ve sworn her heart skipped a beat. He was not beautiful, not gorgeous, no, she was realizing now that he was dazzling. And hypnotizing too, because she rarely ever felt like this towards anyone, especially anyone she had met less then an hour ago.

“So can I ask you something?” He asked, interrupting her thoughts.

“Go ahead.”

“You put on this act; I can read right through it though.” He said, and her eyes were questioning him. What the hell did he mean by that?

“That’s not a question.” She replied to him, attitude filling her words again.

“I know, I wasn’t finished yet” He paused for a second as if debating if it was smart to really continue. “I was wondering why. I mean, why are you trying to act all tough? I can sense your hurting and its okay if you are. It only means your human.” He said, and she just stared at him. Something about the ending of the sentence didn’t really right to her, like he was trying to say more without any more words. She shrugged it off though; it was probably just her paranoia again.

“Well I didn’t know I was trying to act tough,” She lied through her teeth. He knew she was lying. He let her believe she wasn’t trying, but he could see deep down she was; trying her hardest not to appear vulnerable. Although Niko had to admit, the whole act she was putting on did really attract him. She had to be strong to be holding up this well when she was obviously in pain and going through something.

“If you say so. How old are you though?” He asked getting up from the couch he was sitting on to sit across from her at the dinning room table. She watched him for a few seconds, as if to analyze his movements before answering.

“I’m seventeen.” She answered and his eyes examined her, noting every little thing about her. How her eyes lit up when she smiled, the color of her hair, every curve of her body- okay so maybe he thought she was cute, or astonishingly beautiful. Either way something about her made her completely irresistible to him. He couldn’t help it. Usually he wasn’t this drawn to girls when he first meets them, but then again, usually girls are all over him before he could get a word out. He was not used to being around girls who didn’t throw themselves at him; it made him respect her on a higher level.

“So you’re a senior in high school?” He asked and she nodded. “I remember my senior year.” He chuckled to himself. “Ah, good times.”

“How old are you then?”

“I’m twenty,” he answered simply. Cassia’s eyes widened. There was no way on earth he could be twenty she thought to herself, he looked at least sixteen; seventeen maybe. A hint of disappointment flashed in her eyes, she was really hoping he was around her age, not that she would be seeing him for very long, but she would’ve took his number just in case and called him once she got to Orillia. Who knows, maybe she would’ve came back for him. That was all blown out the window now.

“Wow.” was her reply. She didn’t know what else to say, what else was there to say?

“Wow?” He questioned, and she repeated herself. “Why wow?”

“Because, I thought you were younger then that.”

“I hope that doesn’t change your thoughts on me.” She shook her head; he was still one of the nicest and sexiest guys she knew- even if she only knew him for about an hour and forty five minutes now.

He flashed a dazzling grin and she almost forgot for a second what they were even talking about. “Good.”

“Why though?” She asked, she couldn’t possibly imagine why he would care what she thought about him. She was just a fat runaway with obviously no sense of reality (especially if she thinks she’s making it to Orillia on foot) and slowly leaning towards emotionally unstable- oh and she was completely broke on top of all of that.

“Why what?”

Cassia had to rethink the question in her head to make it make sense. “Why do you care so much?”

“Because,” he leaned in close to her, a smirk tugging at his perfectly shaped pink lips. “I like you, a lot.” He whispered to her like it was his best kept secret. She just looked at him with shocked eyes and the biggest beam her lips could possibly form into. The smile was dorky and gave her away completely, heat rushed to her cheeks and he chuckled at her trying to hide her now red face.

“Red is a nice color on you.” He joked, which gained him a laugh and a playful hit on the arm. He felt happy when she smiled, like a thousand thunder bolts of glee had shocked through him from head to toe. He couldn’t help it, he just felt so comfortable around her; she wasn’t like a lot of girls he knew. She had this aura about her that made him feel at ease, and strangely enough, the feeling was completely mutual for Cassia. She couldn’t help but smile when she was near him; he made her feel different, wanted, and important. More feelings in those past two hours then she had felt in her entire life. She could feel herself getting lost in him even in the short amount of time she had known him, she wanted to know more and be closer. So it was no surprise the feeling of irritation that ran through her when someone had cleared their throat, breaking both Cassia and Niko out of their daze.
Sign up to rate and review this story