Categories > Original > Fantasy > In his own words.

Nov 7th, 2008. (pt 2)

by broken_soul 1 review

Insanely beautiful.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2008-11-15 - Updated: 2008-11-15 - 1172 words

0Unrated
After her very long and relaxing shower, Cassia exited the bathroom in a cozy pink robe, and walked into Ocean’s bedroom to see clothes on the bed just as she was promised. It was a pair of acid washed jeans that had what seemed like a hundred rips intentionally through the legs, giving them that punk rock look. Cassia held them up and looked at the tag; they were a size sixteen, prefect. She wondered where Ocean had got them from; did she always have clothes of all sizes just lying around in her closet? Whatever the case, Cassia put them on with no hesitation, and was happy they fit. She then looked at the top, it was a green tank top that had “Where the @&*% is Prince Charming?” written across it, and a small frog with a crown on its head right above the lettering. A smirk etched her lips as she put the top on and walked out of the room and into the kitchen.

“Feel better?” Ocean asked bestowing her beautiful smile. Cassia smiled as well and nodded. “That’s good, because, again not meaning to be offensive, but you looked like shit” She giggled and what felt like the first time since her father died, Cassia giggled along.

“Whatever. Thank you so much for all of-“ Cassia started but cut herself off when a man- well teenaged boy walked into the room. He was easily six feet, towering over Cassia’s short five foot two body. His head was full of brown curls that made him look like a mad man- a gorgeous, beyond beautiful mad man, but a mad man none the less. He had crystal blue eyes that matched Ocean’s and his young features suggested to Cassia that he was around the same age. Ocean snorted when her brother walked into the room, knowing exactly why Cassia had stopped.

“Niko! Do you always have to interrupt my conversations?”

“Yes, because that’s what I do. Who’s this?” He asked, looking towards Cassia.

“Cas-“ She felt a lump in her throat, blocking her voice box; she couldn’t manage to get out a word.

Noticing the hesitation, Ocean decided to answer for her. “This is my friend Cassia.”

“She the girl that was in the back alley?” He asked, and Ocean nodded. Cassia sighed, way to bring back the straining feelings. She wondered how this boy, Niko, knew about her in the alley. She wanted to get up and run out of there now, feeling agonizingly embarrassed. Not only did people know she was sleeping out on the streets, but someone that beautiful knew it?

“No worry, I only know because I had to go back there last night.” He tried reassuring her, “May I ask why you were sleeping back there though?” He asked, looking into her eyes. She sighed again.

“No where else to sleep,” She answered, more attitude hinting in her voice that she had meant. It was almost like she snapped at him, she didn’t mean to but at the moment she was frustrated and wanted to be anywhere but near civilization. Crazy how cute boys can make you feel like that.

“Um,” He hesitated, he wanted to ask so much more but noting the poison in her voice, he decided to leave it alone. Ocean on the other hand wanted answers.

“But don’t you have a home to sleep in?” Cassia sighed; did she really want to tell them she was a run-a-way? Would they support her? Or would they try to make her go home? It wouldn’t really matter either way, part of her was already feeling defeated and she wasn’t even that far from home. Part of her brain was telling her that this was a really bad idea in the first place, that if she just gave up then everything would go back to normal. Then she was reminded of what “normal” was for her.

“You stupid dog!” Her stepmother screamed. “You want to act like a bitch then I’ll treat you like one. Get on your knees and clean this mess up right now!” Cassia didn’t want to listen, so she stood up straight against the wall, staring at her stepmom with a taunting glare.

“What? Did I s-s-stutter? Clean it up!” Soon Cassia felt something hot, scorching against her cheek. It was the soapy rag; she dropped onto her knees before her stepmom could whip anything else at her.


“I don’t want to be like that anymore.” Cassia whispered quietly to herself. Niko and Ocean started at her confused.

“What?”

“Um, I mean, I did have a home; but I don’t anymore. Not since my father died. I ran away.” Ocean’s eyes were full of sorrow as she rubbed Cassia’s back, murmuring that she was sorry she asked. Niko just stared at her, several thoughts running through his head. He felt bad for her for the pain she was going through, but even worse because he felt something bad was coming for her; and his instincts were almost never wrong.

“You can stay here for awhile if you want. You can sleep in my bed.” Ocean offered proudly. She was never the type to let anyone hurt, she had to help. Cassia flashed a half hearted smiled at her and shook her head.

“Thank you so much, but I don’t want to intrude. Besides I'm kind of on a mission right now.” Cassia felt their laughter already before she could tell them her plan of walking to Orillia with no food, or money, or lots of clean clothes- or anything really other then five outfits, her iPod, and a box full of stuff she had wrote when she was little with her closest childhood friend.

“Mission?”

“Yes, mission.”

“What kind of mission? What ya doing? Where are ya going?” Ocean was beginning to sound like a little kid that had eaten way too many bowls of Lucky Charms. Cassia and Niko smirked at the sudden burst of energy from Ocean, and she shrugged.

“I’m going to Orillia.”

“Why?”

“Because that’s where I belong. I’m not a city girl, this isn’t my home.” Cassia answered, Niko nodded feeling what she was saying. He felt exactly the same, but for different reasons. He had no business in the big city, at least up north he had something to do instead of school and sitting around all day, but what he did up there was for a whole other story on itself.

“Will you at least stay the night? It’s going to rain again, and I would feel horrible if I let you wander around in the rain. You could get sick.” Cassia smirked a little and nodded. She needed at least one good night of sleep anyways if she was serious about all this walking. Ocean smiled, and in return Cassia smiled, it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Sign up to rate and review this story