Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > the sacrifice and true love

the sacrifice and true love

by sailorwater 0 reviews

this story is about Zack and cloud being a sacrifice to the gods that lives in the Nibelheim mountains the parings or going to be sephiroth and cloud and a new character named zane and zack and the...

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Cloud Strife,Sephiroth,Zack - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2008-11-05 - Updated: 2008-11-06 - 1474 words

-1Illiterate
The Sacrifice and True Love

Part (1) The Heart Break

It was Cloud's birthday today and he was excited! What was he going to get for his big 16? What he sure didn't know is that he has been slated to be one of five children that will be fed to the gods as a sacrifice so that Nibelheim will be left in peace for five more years.

Cloud made it home to see his mother smiling, but with tears in her eyes. He was worried she's been crying because she misses his father. The gods took him from him and his mother. "Mom? What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

She looked up at him and smiled even bigger. ⌠Aww, my baby boy isn't a baby anymore is he?

He smiled back at her. ⌠Nope I guess not huh? Umm, mom? Can I have my birthday present now please?

She nodded and went over to the closet and pulled out a wrapped present then took it over to Cloud. She handed it to him and he had the biggest smile on his face. He ripped the wrapping off as fast as he could and opened the box. In the box was a gown. It was white with gold beads on it. He looked at his mother, slightly confused, and back at the gold beads. They were real. Why would his mother give him something like this for a birthday present? He looked back at her and asked just that. ⌠Mom, why did you give me this?

She looked at her son and tears started to fall off her face. She smiled at him and said, ⌠Cloud you're one of the five sacrifices to the gods of the mountains. That means that the village can live for a little longer. Ohh my Cloud I'm so proud of you." Cloud's mother was sad to see that her son began to cry. She walked up to him and gave him a hug. ⌠Cloud, I'm sorry. I love you so much.⌠

Cloud hugged his mother back and looked up at her. ⌠Mom, why me? Why did they pick me? Is it because I'm 16 now?⌠

His mother looked at him with tired eyes. ⌠Cloud the ceremony starts tonight and I want to spend as much time with you as I can. Why don't we go out tonight to eat and have some fun? What do you say, huh? Come on, let's go.

Cloud and his mother went out to eat that night and had some fun too. They played games, got some ice cream, and went to the store so Cloud could buy his mother something. He got her a party necklace with matching ring and earrings. She was happy that he had fun but now it was time for them to get home and get Cloud ready. She looked at him an told him it was time to go.

When they got back, Cloud took a shower. His mother gave him some kind of oil that smelled like roses but it didn't bother him. He got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around himself. When he saw his mother waiting for him in the room with the gown in her arms he took a big deep breath and walked up to her. She helped him into the gown and put gold shoes on him along with other gold accessories. When she was done she stood up and smiled at him. Then she gave him a hug and told him that she loves him and that it's time to go. Before they got out the door she puts a gold locket around his neck and then they walk out of the house and down the street. When they get to where the other people were, Cloud looked at his mother and she pulled him through the crowd of people.

A man with chains in his hands came up to them and looked at his mother. He handed her the chains and asked, "Do you give your son Cloud Strife to the gods of the Nibelheim mountains?⌠

Cloud's mother looked at her son and said, Yes. I give my son to the gods of the mountains.⌠

The man looked at her and Cloud and said, ⌠Chain your son to be a gift to the gods." He quietly added ⌠Mrs. Strife, you have 15 minutes.⌠

She looked to the man and thanked him then looked back at Cloud. She started to put the cuffs on him.

Cloud looked up at her and couldn't hold the fear in anymore. ⌠M-mom...⌠

She looked at him and said ⌠Shhh don't worry baby. It's going to be okay. Just don't lose that locket I gave you okay?⌠ She finished chaining him and gave him a hug and a kiss and told him that she loves him very much. Cloud tells her that he loves her too and that he will never forget her. The man that handed the chains to her came back then and tells her that it was time to say their goodbyes. The man took the chain that Cloud was bonded to. Cloud's mother gave him one last hug and kiss before he was taken up the mountains with the other children. Cloud's friend Zack was there but he didn't see him until he got to where they were going to be left for the gods.

⌠Cloud! You okay? Zack said. As he looked at his friend, worry filled him. Cloud was chained to a pole that stuck out of the ground. The man that brought them here must have just hooked the last child up. After he said his goodbye to his own son he left the children in the cave and made his way back to the village.

Cloud just sat there hoping that nothing would happen but then he heard a sound. Zack and Cloud looked around in the cave when the sound suddenly stopped. Cloud looked at Zack and said, "What do you think that was Zack?"

"I don't know but I'm going to get us out of here." Zack got up and walked to where Cloud's chain was hooked up, grabbed it, and pulled as hard as he could to try and get Cloud free but it doesn't seem it will work. "Cloud," Zack said as he looked at him, " I'm sorry, they won't come loose."

Cloud put his bound hands around Zack's neck. "It's okay Zack. I'll be fine. Why don't you try to get yours loose?" He let go of Zack to try and help. It must have taken them 45 minutes to get Zack free but they did it! Zack was loose! Cloud looked to Zack and cheered. "Zack! We did it! You're free!"

Zack looked back at him and said. "Yeah! Now I can go get help! Stay right here okay? I'll be back? Just don't try anything stupid." Zack took off running to the exit of the cave. Just then, the sound they heard earlier came back again. Cloud looked around the cave as he listened. It sounded like wings flapping but he couldn't see anything clearly. He looked back to where Zack stood still at the exit of the cave with a worried look in his eyes. Cloud was about to say something to Zack when something started pulling on his chains.

Cloud screamed and called Zack to help him but when Zack went back to help Cloud something hit him in the back of the head and he went out like a light bulb. Cloud yelled even louder when something with feathers wrapped around his neck and squeezed the air out of him.

All he could remember were the other children yelling but then he heard nothing and fell into a deep sleep.

To be continued...

Author's Notes:

Sorry it's not long but I hope I did this one okay. I've been having trouble writing. Having dyslexia is hard on me. I'm 20 now and let me tell you guys it hurts me sometimes. It kicks my butt. It just wants me to rip my hair out. I hoped that if I write stories on fanfiction that it will help me with my troubles but I will not give up. I will not give up on you guys!

You guys write stories that help me that is why I love you guys. Keep it up for me okay? Thanks and I love you guys!

Please review me. If I don't stop I'm going to cry, wait I'm alread crying! Man I never win! Oh well. I'm happy you guys know why I write the way I do. it feels good to get it off my back.

If you guys want to know what dyslexia is, you can find it out on Google. Thanks guys.

sailor water is out of here. Love ya guys!
Sign up to rate and review this story