Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thriller

Killing Loneliness

by -ThisXSecretXNinja- 2 reviews

What was with this repulsive obsession?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2008-12-07 - Updated: 2008-12-08 - 1544 words - Complete

1Exciting
Memories sharp as daggers
Pierce into the flesh of today
The suicide of love took away all that matters
And buried the remains in an
Unmarked grave in your heart



Amber’s point of view
“Are you positive she’s ready to wake up?” a voice I recognized as Patrick’s spoke in a low whisper to someone else standing in the room. There was the sound of a snarl as Pete replied, “She’s going to FINE, Patrick. Stop worrying over pointless things.”
Patrick replied with a discrete groan, “Whatever, dude. Wake her up. See if I care,” before steps were heard walking out of the room.
There was a soft tap on my shoulder and I drifted out of the darkness for what felt like the first time in ages. Slowly, my blurry vision cleared after a few minutes and I could see Pete’s face hovering a foot above my as he quietly asked, “Can you see?” before placing a cold hand on my face as if to examine the damage.
“Mhmm,” I muttered as he propped me up against a pillow with caution. Nodding he backed away from the bed and pulled a chair from the desk and sat down beside me as he appeared to be doing a complete check up on my condition.
“How do you feel?” he asked, seeming like he was already expecting the answer but not bothering to check my head for answers…since they’d probably be lead astray anyway.
“Like I was hit by a truck,” I answered honestly in a hushed tone, his response being a low chuckle before he said, “I was really worried about you. I didn’t want to believe you’d end up like the rest of the survivors. I’m so relieved that you’re okay.”
I wasn’t sure how to respond to this; all I knew was that my body didn’t necessarily feel like mine anymore. It felt like someone else’s…and determining the situation, it might not have been.
“How long has it been since…you know,” I asked, not willing to touch any further than necessary on a subject that he might be defensive about. His eyes widened like a child as he responded with almost too much enthusiasm, “Two weeks. Nothing too serious.”
Sitting up, I noticed there was a brace around my ribs- it figures that I’d end up with semi-permanent damage on some level. As I tried to inch out of bed, Pete raced over and scooped me up in his arms before roughly explaining, “You don’t want to try that.”
“Why not?”
“You broke two ribs; they’re not gonna magically heal after two weeks,” he said before rolling his eyes and replying, “You’ll be chauffeured for the next few weeks. Get used to it.”
I groaned as he walked me into the other room where we were met with four pairs of eyes. Wonderful, I thought. Just what I needed. Unnecessary attention.
“Oh, it’s about time you let her out of the box, huh?” Joe jeered grudgingly as he crossed his legs and turned off the TV. Jess sat beside him and popped her gum at the sight of Pete before omitting, “Look who finally decided to come out and play with the rest of us? Pete, you really need to learn that you don’t have to be the only one who knows what’s going on. You could share with the rest of us, like a TEAM.”
Judging by the looks on everyone’s face, I could tell that Pete had upset them somehow. But I had no idea that I was the one at fault.
“I’m sorry…” he muttered before placing me onto the couch beside Patrick. They all seemed relatively surprised that there wasn’t any argument forced out of him as he walked towards the kitchen to prepare himself his daily shake. To be honest, it shocked me too. This had been the second time since I’d been living here that I’d felt the air around him so evenly calm.
“Well,” Patrick said while readjusting his hat, “That is a first.”
Then looking over at me, he enthusiastically asked, “So, how are you feeling?”
I simply stared at him blankly for five minutes when he finally laughed, “Point taken. Dumb question. Is there anything you want to know?”
I sighed before glancing up at Pete, who prepared his shake thoroughly wearing a blank expression as he cut each ingredient individually. I couldn’t help but feel like he saw what happened to me- like he knew about me.
My stomach felt nauseous as the thought sunk in, ‘Maybe he’s already told them’. Shaking my head, I told myself, ‘They have no idea who I am otherwise I wouldn’t be here right now’.
“Thank you,” I said lowly in a speak so soft that I couldn’t recognize the voice that came out of my mouth.
Every pair of eyes flickered my direction , apparently disrupting whatever conversation they were having before they all stared at me as if my speaking were the most utterly fascinating thing in the world. I swallowed nervously. I never liked being the center of attention. Jess was the first to respond, “For what?”
It took me a moment to collect my thoughts and answer. Whatever it was I was keeping locked away inside me, I felt like I had to get this out.
“For taking me in like you have…it’s the first time anyone has ever gone out of their way to help someone like me,” I said seriously, meaning every word that slid out so much clearer than before.
They all just blinked and looked at each other questionably, probably indirectly asking each other where this spur of gratefulness came from. Deep inside, I wanted to know the very same thing.
“Someone like you?” Andy spoke up and look directly in the eyes for probably the first time I’d ever noticed. He’d always appeared to be the smart but very quiet engineer in the group.
“What exactly does that mean?” He continued curiously as his focus turned toward Patrick, who let out a frustrated sigh as he replied clearly irritated “I don’t know!”
Then turning forcefully to me, he addressed, “What makes you so different than every other person? I can’t figure you out!”
I blinked dumfounded at his straight forward question to me. What made me so different?
I couldn’t answer that question because I didn’t even know what he meant.
The situation slammed to a halt as a growl echoed from the kitchen where I could tell Pete had overheard Patrick’s sudden raise of voice.
“There’s nothing wrong with Amber,” he defended while shooting one of the most deadliest glares, “So stop pointing fingers at her. She’s no different than anyone else in this room.”
Pete's POV
‘She’s no different than anyone else in this room’
“Wow, did I really say that?” I asked myself, still in disbelief to the words I’d spat to my very best of friends. I stared off the edge of a cliff admiring the city lights shining through the darkness. What was happening to me? Why did I get so defensive when he spoke about her?
Picking up a stranded stick from the brush, I slowly started to carve the images in my mind deep into the dry dirt.
Her eyes…so beautifully distributed yet so…dark. So many secrets hidden behind them, so much distrust and stress….but strikingly elegant. Beyond the cutting stares, there was a softer edge that ate at me. There was a sense of innocence in her…
A roar ripped out of my chest as I frustratingly reminded myself of reality. What has she done to me? What was with this repulsive obsession?
My skin prickled at the thought of her corseting sand colored curls rippled across her shoulders, her dazzling blue eyes focused into mine with such precision and caution. Her skin so pale and shiny against pouted lips. She drove me crazy inside when she spoke, her voice sounding like angels in my ears. I should’ve saw this coming…but it can’t be like this. She can’t be with someone like me. I can’t be with her.
The words race a thousand miles an hour through my head and my body rejected this enthusiasm in the form of a growl. I swallowed to hold in the sound as I tried to soothe my anxiety by moving. At my abrupt speed, my body felt a release of tension as I made my way invisibly through the night, wind scraping past my face as I penetrated the speed of light. One of the joys of being immortal was the ability to feel better the more active and inhuman you behaved. The things that humans could not do without losing their breaths were suddenly so easy and pleasant. All senses so uncomprehendable to the human mind, things that were only imagined in nightmares were all true to the many incredible quirks of vampirism.
And I hated myself for it.
Sign up to rate and review this story