Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Clandestine Industries Presents: disasteRomance

awake

by killxsmile 9 reviews

she's the last to know.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-12-09 - Updated: 2008-12-09 - 906 words

0Unrated
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Big time writer's block again. However, this time around, Gabe's chapters are the only ones affected. Instead of making you wait for me to figure out what to do for those, I decided to post the Pete chapter since it's already written.

Ponies and strawberry sour punch straws go out to:
alex_-nods- - You'll find out soap & baby's fate in this chapter. k=Kind of.
---delilah - Things can only stay sweet for so long. Hope you like this one.
lil_chica007 - More Joe in this chapter. Enjoy.
x_slowdown - I'll take the semi-shock as a compliment ;)
xStabxMyxBackx - Aww. Thanks, love!
easykeys - Yep. I was going for the "holy-shit-no-way!" response. lol.

Now onto the story...

40: a w a k e

+++++
Soap’s POV

“What’s going on?” I asked, opening my eyes. The ceiling was an unfamiliar shade of white. Turning onto my side, I noticed an IV in my arm, and a certain Jewish boy at my bedside.

“Hey, Sophie. How do you feel?” Joe asked, taking my hand in his.
“Like I was hit by a car,” I weakly replied. “How long have I been out?”
“3 days.”
“Fuck…” I ran a hand though my hair and sighed. “When do I get out of here?”
“I don’t know. The doctors will have to examine you now that you’re awake,” he said. “But I’m sure it won’t be too long.”

He gave my hand an encouraging squeeze and offered me a weak smile.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, sensing that something was off. He looked up and me and started chewing his lip, confirming my suspicions.
“What do you--”
“You only chew on your lip when you’re lying or hiding something. So spill.”

He looked down and sighed.

“You’re pregnant,” he softly said.

My eyes went wide and I immediately sat up.

“Is the baby okay?!”
“Yes. The doctors said that you’re both going to be alright,” he reassured. “But be careful. Your ribs are still healing.”

Ignoring the pain in my abdomen, I looked down and pressed my hands to my stomach. In that instant it felt like a thousand pounds was simultaneously lifted from and dropped onto my shoulders.

On one hand, the baby I’d just found out about was safe and sound.
On the other hand, I’d be raising this baby.

A million thoughts ran through my head while the heart rate monitor erratically beeped.

“Joe, I-- How--What am I supposed to do?” I asked as tears welled in my eyes. “I can’t take care of a baby by myself.”
“You’re not in this alone, Sophie,” he said, taking both my hands in his. “Me, Patrick, Andy, Dirty, Peyton, your parents. We’re all going to be here for you every step of the way.”

Despite his reassurance, tears ran down my face. And as hard as I tried, I couldn’t stop them from falling.

He had mentioned everyone except for the person I needed the most.

I pulled my knees to my chest as water continued blurring my vision. Joe crawled in next to me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. “It’s all going to work out, Soap. I promise…”

As much as I wanted to, I couldn’t bring myself to believe what he said.

+++++

“What’s going on?” I mumbled, as my puffy eyes fluttered open. Voices outside my room became increasingly loud as I sat up.

“Get the fuck out of here, Pete.”
“Joe, please. She’s carrying my baby.”
“And thanks to you, that baby could have died.”
“I need to apologize.”


“Joe, let him in,” I called out.
“Are you sure?” he asked, through the door.
“Yeah.”

The door slowly opened to reveal an exhausted bassist. By the looks of it, he hadn’t slept since the accident.

When his tired eyes met mine, I could feel myself falling apart.

“I’m sorry, Sophie,” he said, taking a seat next to me. “I was drunk. I wasn’t thinking--”
“I know, Pete.”

He looked up at me with guilt-laden eyes, then quickly averted his gaze to the floor.

We were at a standstill for what seemed like an eternity. He continued his staring contest with the tiled floor while I fought against the tears welling in my eyes. As he sat there, I didn’t know what to think, do, say, or feel.

He cheated.
I’m crying.

“Do you think you can ever forgive me?” he quietly asked.
“I honestly don’t know, Pete…”

I’m pregnant.
He’s sorry.

“Regardless of how you feel about me, I’ll be here for you and the baby.”

He loves me.
I ______ him.

Pete took my hand into his. I pulled it away.

“I think you should leave,” I softly said.

He nodded and quietly exited the room.
I closed my eyes and broke into tears.

+++++

What will happen when Soap gets out of the hospital?
Will Pete be able to dodge punches quickly enough?
Is there more disaster to come?

As usual, I beseech thee to rate, review, and or AIM me @ Disast3rous with your feedback. Me gusta tus comments.

PS. Anyone else make it to the Chicago Theater on the 2nd? And if so, what did you think of the show? I'm not gonna lie, I freaked outtt when they played America's Suitehearts. Forreal.
Sign up to rate and review this story