Categories > Original > Horror > Along Came a Spider

4

by sickthingsatmidnight 0 reviews

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror - Published: 2008-12-10 - Updated: 2008-12-10 - 840 words

0Unrated
Diary of Spider
November 6

Oh, diary, I have found the perfect woman to complete my collection. She is a brunette nearly as tall as I. This morning I was in the supermarket, and I saw her. Her brown eyes gazed through me in indifference. She carried herself with such pride. I was in awe. Her body was the right ingridient for my sick recipe I was planning in my basement.

Once she checked out, I followed her secretly. Like the past procedures, I got into my van and tracked her in her silver vehicle. We traveled down the interstate for a while then pulled off on to an exit. She stopped at a near gas station called the Quick-E-Mart. I write this entry as she proceeds to get into her car. So, I must put you away until later......

Later

I can not get her out of my mind. She's like no other person I've hunted before. I know I've been struck by lightning from above. Oh, God, can it be true? I've been killed by love! The way the sun reflects on her soft hair sends shivers up and down my spine. My sick butterflies eat at the lining of my stomach. I can not take this new found love. I thought I had no heart or that it was completely black and barren; no room for love, or so it seemed.
After leaving the gas station, she pulled onto a suburban community. She drove her car into a driveway of a perfect two story house. I pulled across the street to park on the opposite side of where her house was. I examined her more as she got out of the car and walked up the path that led to the front door. She had the perfect body.
As I observed, a man came out of the house and greeted my love. He was a man about 5'10 and 170 pounds. His hair was cut into a green mohawk and his black jeans were ripped at the knees; he was nothing but a street punk in combat boots. The punk gave her a peck on the lips and they went inside.
I noticed my hand had a death grip on the wheel and my knuckles had turned white. I let my grip and took a deep breath. I had to get a hold of myself. Nothing would satisfy my nerves except a cold beer at the local bar. So I put my van into drive and slowly drove to Meano's Bar and Restaurant.
Meano's was a great place for me to spot victims of a vain nature; but I wasn't there to get more legs. I was there to relax and get a hold on my wits. I parked the van close to the entrance and got out. The night was chill so I wrapped my leather jacket closer to my body.When I walked into the bar, the bartender recognized me.
"Hey, Steven, what would it be tonight?" Meano, the bartender and owner, asked me as I approached the counter.
"Any kind of beer'll do, Meano." Meano whipped up a beer from the tap and slid it to me. I firmly grabbed the mug and raised it in thanks. "Put it on a tab, would ya?" He nodded and wrote up a tab for me. So I sat there and contemplated my next move. The punk had to go, that was for sure. But how would I do it? How? I would have to do it when she wasn't there.
While I was thinking a figure sat next to me. I looked from corner of my eye and saw that it was HER! I started to sweat and shake a little. SHE was next to me and I didn't know what to do. She then looked at me from behind her beautiful brown hair. "Hello. How are you?" I froze temporarily then responded:
"I'm fine, and yourself?"
"I've been better. My boyfriend and I just got into an arguement and I stormed out. My name's Helen. And yours would be?"
I stuttered at first then replied, "The name's Steven. Nice to meet you, Helen." Here I extended my hand. She reached out hers and firmly grabbed mine. OH, diary, her sweet hand was so soft. I reluctantly let go. We had a few drinks and talked about daily life, though my stories weren't completely true. I had to keep my operation quiet. Suddenly, she started telling me her life story.
It started to get late and she had to go. She gave me her number and said goodbye. I replied with a wave and watched as she left. I had one more beer then paid my tab and left. So now I sit here with you, diary. I don't know if I can kill her. I just don't know. As said before, I've been killed by love. BUT NO! My plans must go as I want them to go. I have to eliminate that punk and have her.
Sign up to rate and review this story