Categories > Original > Romance > PROM NIGHT ♥ ♥ ♥

BIRTHDAY GIRL ♥ ♥ ♥

by Kaitluvsfob08 0 reviews

So heres the third chapter of this romance. Its about our camping trip gone wrong....way wrong.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-12-10 - Updated: 2008-12-10 - 3027 words - Complete

0Unrated

After school on Thursday, I would have to pack my bags for my little 'vacation' you might call it. My birthday was this saturday, and Evan and me had made plans to go on a weekend camping trip, just me and him from Friday to Sunday, then my friends would come down to the campgrounds too, for a party. I would enjoy this weekend with Evan, just us two. Don't get me wrong, my friends are the best, but it was always good to have some alone time with Evan.

"So are you totally phsyched for this weekend?", Evan asked me eagerly.
"Of course! I can't wait this is going to be the best birthday ever!", I smiled warmly and told him.
"Great!", he exclaimed. "You better go catch your ride home and pack."
"Okay, bye! See you in the morning!" I shouted from down the hall.

Once I made it up to my reserve, my bedroom, I started packing. We had just planned this trip, short notice,on wednesday afternoon. I still pondered what and what not to pack. There was no school on Monday, so our trip would last longer. I packed three tops, three pairs of pants, pajamas, deodorant, a razor, my sneakers, and a sweatshirt. It could get a bit chilly up in the mountains. Evan would bring the supplies. He owned, well his parents owned, a cabin up at the camping area and we would sleep in there. There was no need for tents. Then cabin would be small, but insulated fairly well. Better than a tent. Then on Sunday when my friends would come, we'd have a party with cake and ice-cream and all that birthday stuff, but as for Friday and Saturday, me and Evan would be all alone. I liked the sound of that.

In the morning I was so wide awake that i barely ate anything. I was too excited to eat, but I had about three glasses of orange juice. I was an orange juice ADDICT. I could drink it 24/7. Then at around seven thirty, Evan arrived at my house. I said bye to my mother and skipped out the door. How I managed to 'skip' was beyond me. My duffle-bag was so heavy I could barely carry it.
Evan stepped out of the silver van, which belonged to his mother, and helped me with my bag cheerfully.
"Hi, Mrs. Grey. Nice to see you again!", he said after loading my bag into the trunk.
"Hello, Evan. I hope you guys have a good time this weekend, and please be careful, alright?", my mom answered.
"Sure, nothing bad will happen. I will make sure of it.", Evan said. I went week in the knees. He was too charming.
My mom smiled at him and waited until we were both inside the van before waving goodbye to me and going inside the house. Then we drove away down the road.

About halfway there, we started planning on what to do first.
"Well, we should have a picnic.", I suggested. Now that would be great. Just him and me, having a quiet little picnic under some tree in the middle of a field.
"Sounds pretty fun to me.", was his reply. We smiled at each other before he moved his eyes back to focus on the road. I moved my left hand over so that it was holding his one free hand. The feeling of his skin was warm and welcoming as always and I held his hand the whole rest of the way.

When we finally got to the cabin that we'd be staying in, I found that the place was perfect. It was just visible between two enormous pine trees on either side of it. There were wildflowers growing in the grass 'lawn' you might say, in front of the small one bedroom cabin. We got our baggage and went inside the cabin. It was a little warm in there and a bit stuffy, but never the less cozy looking. We layed our blankets that we had brought out on the springy double bed. The mattress would be uncomfortable without the large quantity of blankets that we brought. The fireplace was nice, but I wondered why a firplace was in a home made of wood, and also considered the fact that it was so warm in here, we wouldn't need it anyway.The cabin only had a few rooms. The main room, where we would have the party when my friends came, the bedroom of course, the kitchen, and lastly the small bathroom. Evan sighed, and I walked over to him where he was standing in the middle of the floor and put my arms around him from behind.
He turned and whispered, "Happy Birthday." My eyes filled with tears and I replied, "Thanks so much, this is the best birthday ever." He wiped away the water that now ran down my cheeks. I kissed him gently for a moment.
Then we walked back outside.
"Lets get a fire going.", he said. I agreed and we went to get some firewood.

By the time the sun was at its full light it seemed, it was four o' clock in the afternoon. We decided to go down to the lake which was a few miles down the trail so that we could rent a canoe and go out on it. We walked down to the lake, our hands connected together and swinging as we went. When we got to the shack by the lake, there was a staff member waiting to rent out any canoes that campers needed. We got one canoe for two hours. As Evan walked over to where the selection of canoes were, I looked at the man that was approaching the shack from the opposite trail we had come from. He was unshaven, not badly, but he had a bit of stubble, and long, dark, untidy hair. His eyes were quite queer, and they were baby blue. He looked older from far away, but I could see when he got closer that he was quite young, and extremely muscular. I was a wimp compared to him. I was practically a thin, floppy, sardine compared to him. Yet he wasn't tall. Not very much taller than Evan actually. He walked over to the staff member who had just givin Evan the combination to the canoe shed, and started talking angrily at the young man and making hand gestures. I stared, so wondering what he was argueing about, when Evan called my name with his cute, irrisistable voice. I walked over to Evan and right off the bat asked him, "Doesn't that man over there look strange....?"
"He looks quite odd, pretty scruffy looking too, he doesn't look too happy either....", Evan said, now staring the same way I was.
"Well, just ignore him, I'm sure whatever he is argueing about with the staff guy will be sorted out in time." , Evan said confidently, and handed me a life jacket and a paddle. We were out on the lake, but I still could not ignore the man who was argueing on the shore. He looked enraged now, and stormed out of the clearing, shouting. His presence was really disturbing me, I didn't know why. I think he was really frightening me, for some reason. My eyes wide I looked back at Evan, who looked really concerned with the look on my face.
"Are you okay Kait?", he asked clearly worried.
"Y-yeah, yeah I'm fine. That guy was just really creeping me out, and I have no idea why....", I said still a little nervous.
"You look pretty freaked out, I can tell. It looks like you saw a ghost or something.", Evan said.
"Well, its okay now, he's gone, and I'm fine.", I said with a fake smile. He belived the smile and we went farther out onto the lake as the sun set.
"I love you so much Evan, even if we've only been together a few days, I do.", I said breathlessly as we glided across the water with ease. We stopped rowing and waited until the canoe stopped, then we kissed meaningfully.I slid my arms around his neck and just kept kissing him. When we finally pulled our lips apart, he was gasping for air, so was I. I managed to smile though, and he kissed my neck. I slid my hand up his life jacket and shirt until I reached his hairline. It was a breezy day, so my hand was a bit chilly. I felt him shiver but continue kissing me and I played with his hair a little. Then I pulled away from him to get him to stop, and then he said, "I love you too. More than you know, and you are not only the only girlfriend I ever had, but the best.", I giggled at this, and kissed his lips softly. They were like heaven. After that I tilted my head backwards a bit and smelled the fresh, natural air.
"It's beautiful out here, isn't it?", I asked him.
"Yes and your here with me, and it's your birthday which makes it all the better.", Evan said romantically.

We were finally back at the cabin at around seven thirty. After we had returned the canoe we had made another fire and had marshmellows and sandwiches for dinner. We got into the double bed which creaked loudly.
"This bed is so uncomfortable.", I groaned.
"Well, its only for a few nights, besides, would you rather sleep in a tent?", he asked
"No way man!", I said. There was brief silence before he said, "Goodnight."
"Goodnight, Evan.", I whispered, and we were out cold.

The next day, it was sunny at about seven. We woke up and had some breakfast. Two muffins.
"I really need to run down to the main plaza to buy something for us to eat. That muffin will not hold me over."
"Okay.", I said to Evan.
"I will try to be as quick as possible, but the plaza is a few miles down the trail, do you want me to take the car?" he asked with his smooth voice.
"Sure, I wouldn't make you walk! But try to be fast about it. I think it might storm!", I replied.
"Alright then. Take your cell phone." he handed it to me. "I have mine, so just call me if you need me, okay?", he said seriously.
"Okay.", I said back and kissed him on the side of his nose.

About fifteen minutes passed since he left and I figured he wasn't even halfway there yet. It was really stuffy inside the cabin, I walked outside and the sky had clouded over. I stood on the porch and heard thunder. It was a good thing Evan had taken the van out there. All of a sudden it started to rain and the air was now damp with moisture and the sun was gone. I looked out into the woods beyond the 'lawn' and saw the tree branches quiver. I thought nothing of it until I noticed a figure, coming out of the trees and running. He was running towards me! All I could do was stand there in complete shock, only then did I notice that the figure was him. It was the man that had argued with the staff member by the lake. My blood pumped hard and my heart beat a mile a minute. I ran inside the cabin and slammed and locked the front door. I had forgot all about the back door and rushed into the bedroom to hide. I locked the bedroom door as well and cowered in the corner. I heard banging. Pounding actually, on the front door. I started sobbing uncontrollably and pretty much hyperventilating. A husky voice was shouting, "Open up, now!!!" over and over again. I was so frightened I was shaking so much. I suddenly heard a sickening crunch and the wood of the door was snapped in half, and heavy footsteps through the hall. He was at the door now. I continued to sob and shiver in the corner of the bedroom.
"I know you're in there! Open this door now!" the man yelled.
Then the worst possible thing happened he broke the doorknob off and stomped into the room.
He snatched my arm and pulled my straight up off the floor, off the ground, and flung my against the opposite wall.
My arm seared with pain and I could not move it. I still sobbed loudly and even screamed when I fell to the ground. He kicked me repeatedly and then picked me up and threw me against the wall again.I cried and cried, and then managed to screech,"Please, sir, don't kill, me PLEASE!", I pleaded. He looked at me with an icy glare and laughed. He punched me in the stomach and then withdrew something silver from his pocket. I felt a searing, excruciating pain in my side, two times in a row, and then the pressure of him holding me up lessened and I fell to the ground. I moaned and saw blood covering my hands after I had touched my stomach. The man rooted through through drawers and took some things I couldn't see. Nor did I mind. Whatever got him away from here. My side burned so much I couldn't bare it. The man was just about to make a run for it out the door when a second set of feet came into the room. The second person screamed my name,"KAITLYN!!!". The second person was Evan.
Evan asked the man what he was doing, but I heard the man punch him in the face. Evan sobbed my name and pleaded with the man, but the man shoved his knife into Evan's leg, and then he left and there was silence except for frequent gasps from Evan. I cried still harder.
Evan crawled over to where I was curled into a ball as tightly as I dared and said, "Kaitlyn.....I'm gonna......try to.....call.....the ambulance......", he could barely finsh that sentence without grimacing in pain. All I could manage was an okay, and Evan dialed 911.
After he hung up he said, "The ambulance should be here shortly....ah my leg....". He then asked me, "What did he do to you?", he stood up, carefully and I was surprised he had the strength to stand. He limped closer to me and picked me up to set me on the bed.
I said, as best as I could, a quick explanation, "He.....he-...he hit me and my......arm....and the knife....oh Evan I am going to die, aren't I?" I could tell I was bleeding a lot. "No.", he said abrupty.
"Not on my watch, you are gonna be okay, Kait, Everythings gonna be okay, just hang on." He finished.
I gasped in pain. He kissed my lips softly and ran his fingers through my hair, "I promise, you won't die." he whispered. I couldn't hold on much longer, when the ambulance arrived and put me on a stretcher. Evan agreed to ride in the ambulance to be treated at the hospital as well, but he just he wanted to be next to me. I couldn't remember anything from the ride to the hospital except that it was bumpy, then suddenly smooth. My eyes were closing now. I couldn't fight the urge. I had to sleep now. I hoped not forever.

When I awoke, Evan, my mother, sister, father, and friends were standing around me. Gifts that said 'Happy Birthday' and Get Well Soon' on the same bright colored cards were sitting next to my hospital bed. A lonely balloon floated half-heartedly in the air across the room. "Mom...", was the first thing I said.
"Oh thank god you're awake!", she gasped. Every one was staring at me, except for Evan, he looked at the floor. "The doctor says you are gonna be just fine. A few stitches, but the.....the....the knife hadn't hit anything major." my mom said. I smiled a twisted, gruesome, painful smile. Every muscle in my body ached.
"Where's Evan?", I asked. My mom looked over at him solemly and then said, "He's right here, I'll give you guys some privacy.", then she gestured to the rest of the people in there and they all left. We were alone. The door slammed shut. Evan broke down.
"Oh, Kait! This is all my fault! I suggested a stupid camping trip to hell!!! I am so sorry! You don't want me anymore, do you!?" he sobbed. I was stunned. He sat closer to my bed and I held his head as close as I possibly could.
"Of course I want you!", I managed to say. "I love you Evan, and this doesn't change it. This isn't your fault. That could've happened to anyone!"
"But I left and let him get to you!", he answered and pulled his head away. "I LEFT YOU ALL ALONE! Why was I so stupid?!" he yelled at himself. I hoped no one outside could hear this.
"This isn't you fault at all Evan, it no one's fault.", I replied calmly, mostly because it would have hurt to protest much more.
"Are you sure you don't want to break up with me?", he asked with tears streaming down his face like Niagra Falls.
"No. Evan come here.", I said to him. He came close to my face, his lips hovering millimeters from mine, and I whispered, "This is definatly not your fault that I'm here like this." We stared into each others eyes, both brown. His were no longer clouded with anxiety, but love. He kissed me gingerly, as if I was fragile now. I put my hand on the back of his head and kept on kissing him. He tasted so good, something like heaven.
"It's not every day a girl gets run through on her birthday!" , I giggled.
"Your just lucky I guess...", he said sarcastically.
Then we laughed and laughed, even in this situation.
Sign up to rate and review this story