Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Not a Barbie Doll

Chapter Two

by TheMasteroftheWicket 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2008-12-12 - Updated: 2009-02-08 - 838 words

2Original
I woke up the next morning due to the sound of Elegra hitting the floor. I looked up and laughed. She lay on the floor, dirty clothes scattered all over her, the laundry basket on her ass. She flipped me off and jumped up, loading the basket back up.

"Get up, Jailbait, time for work." She said, smacking me in the bum as she walked by. I groaned and rolled over out of bed. She left me to get dressed. I pulled out a dark blue shirt with a space man and a gorilla on it and a pair of jeans. I walked over to my vanity and started brushing through my tangles locks. I pulled my naturally wavy blond hair into a ponytail and slid a few bobby pins in over uncoopirative pieces. I slid my arms through the sleeves of a demin jacket and nestled a maroon colored scarf around my neck. I slid on a pair of tan colored Ugg boots.

I ran down to the downstairs bathroom. I brushed my teeth and did what little makeup I wore. I walked into the kitchen and poured myself some coffee into my to go cup. "Bye, Elly!" I called before grabbing my plaid red coat and my teal colored bag and running out the door. I booked it down the stairs.

"Hey Mikey!" I shouted, running out into the parking lot. I got into my truck started it up. A few minutes later while I was stopped at a light, I saw the same strange man from the day before. He was standing on the street corner, a ciggarette dangling between his lips and a case of what looked to be art supplies under his arm. He looked around for a bit, catching my gaze shortly. I hadn't noticed when the light turned green, only realizing the fact when I heard honking behind me. I jumped and started again.

I pulled into the music store parking lot, it snowing by the time I got there. I ran into the store and looked around. Bob turned around to me. "Nice of you to join us, Kira." He said in an annoyed tone of voice. I grinned at him and walked over to my register, taking off my coat and denim jacket. I set my bag down and clipped my name tag into place.

A short man with ear-length brown hair and green eyes stood next to Bob. "Kira, this is Frank. He'll be working here from now on." He said in a buisness-like tone. I bit back a snigger and waved once and Frank. I walked back to my register and stood behind it. Bob rolled his eyes at me and walked into his office. I smiled and walked to the door to flip the sign from 'Closed' to 'Open'.

Frank just stood there, sort of dumbly. "Uh, hey Frank." I said, one eyebrow raised. He waved at me, much like I'd done to him. "So, what brings you to this last resort job?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Bob's my uncle." He replied, fastening his own name tag into place. I nodded, pulling a piece of gum out of my pocket and putting it in my mouth. "He's kind of like my dad, in a way. You see, my parents passed away when I was about 6, and he took me in. I'm forever greatful to good ol' Bob." He said distantly, smiling at his memories. I couldn't help smiling as well.

"Yeah, good ol' Bob." I replied. I heard a customer walk in and turned my head towards the door. My eyes widened as the same man from yesterday and that morning stood in the doorway. His eyes met mine, and he kept them there for a few brief minutes, before dissapearing into the 'T' aisle.

"So then, Kira, what brings you to this 'last resort' job?" Frank asked me. I turned my attention back to Frank.

"Well, uh, my best friend and room mate Elegra used to date Big B, and she recommended me to him. I've been working here for about a year." I answered.

"So why is this your last resort?" He asked me.
I pursed my lips. "I don't think there's anything else for me at this point, ya know?" I said, more to myself than him. He pondered what I'd said, drifting over to his own register. I'd almost forgotten where I was, when the black haired man came to my register.

He looked up at me through his lashes, before setting a The Higher CD on the counter. I scanned it, him staring at me all the while. "It's 21.19$" I muttered. He handed me a twenty and a five. I gave him his change and his bag. He headed out the door immediately.

"Well, that was weird." Frank said from behind me. I chuckled a bit in agreement. I thought about the strange man. How many times was he going to come in here before he said something? I thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story