Categories > Anime/Manga > Gundam Wing > Chronicles of a Carnival

001: Operation Annihilation Complete:

by Hincaru 0 reviews

Category: Gundam Wing - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Duo,Heero,Quatre,Trowa,Wufei,Zechs - Published: 2008-12-15 - Updated: 2008-12-16 - 3813 words

0Unrated
Disclaimers: I do not own or did I help in the production of: Gundam Wing, Killer 7, Labyrinth, Bleach, Shamen King, or Yu Yu Hakusho (sadly)

I hint twords 1x2 and 3x4

001: Operation Annihilation Complete:


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These people are falling apart.
Heero was starring at Trowa and Quatre. Quatre had disappeared for eight hours, and yet here he lays, sleeping soundly, and Trowa. He was laying on the floor in boxers. His skin was bruised and scared, his clothes were stained, his mask was filthy, and there was a ring of chocolate around the bath tub. Heero just shook his head and walked to the living room and he sat on the couch

Two days ago cops came into the safe house and took Wufei away in handcuffs. Duo laughed and tried to tell a story, but he never finished it. Heero still didn't know what Duo did that day everyone left him alone, but the strange things didn't stop there. Yesterday Quatre left the house saying he was going to donate money to the local carnival, but he was gone for eight hours. Maybe he had gotten lost, but how did he end up in his bed again? Trowa had left yesterday at three-o-clock, but no one saw him leave, and everyone was to busy to pay attention when he came back, but what could have happened to him..?

He had to have been...eaten alive by a giant candy monster and regurgitated on a bed of needles. Yeah. That's logical.

There is something strange about this town...the only solution is to blow it up.

The phone rang, disturbing his thoughts of explosions, oh what pretty colors.

"Hello?" Heero answered

"Hello, may I speak with Heero Yuy, please?"

"You are."

People are not supposed to know that we're here...it's called a safe house for a reason.

"Oh good. My name is--" (static static) "and I own the carnival in town. In the past two days terrible things have happened and I believe that it is a conspiracy. I would like to hire you and your boys to come guard the carnival today."

They are defiantly not supposed to know that we are soldiers

"What could be so bad that you would need to hire Gundam pilots as security guards?"

"We had one person come and steal candy, break bumper cars, tamper with the carousel, he took a water gun, threatened a worker, and they pulled a gun out in public, causing mass chaos."

"One person?"

"Yes, and then we had two escaped convicts come and shoot off guns and push each other off of roller coasters. We had a rich boy get lost and he is yet to be found, we have a ghost, and a six-foot-tall angry clown that destroyed our House of Illusions."

"Hmmmn.. This happened in two days?"

"Yes! That is why I want you and your boys to take this mission!"

"Mission..?"

Something inside Heero's head blew up when he said 'mission', you see Heero never refuses missions, oh but he wanted to. He opened his mouth to refuse but before he could the owner said:

"I want to call it Operation Annihilation."

"..."

That...is an awesome name!

"Heero?"

"Mission Accepted."

"Good. Get your boys together and be here by noon, no later."

He hung up.

Rude ass.

"Who was that..?" Duo walked wearily into the living room munching on cotton candy which he had had for a few days now.

"That was the owner of the carnival. we've been hired to guard the carnival for today."

"Whoa! 'Bout time we got a GOOD job! W00T!"

"Go wake everyone else, Duo."

Duo then proceeded to jump onto all of the other pilots, violently waking them like a child does their parents on Christmas morning. Heero laughed, on the inside of course, and he went into his own room to get dressed.

It took everyone about then minutes to get dressed and all the soldiers filed out of the house and started down the sidewalk.

"Operation Annihilation, huh? That's a pretty cool name." Duo said, smiling happily.

"No wonder you agreed to be security guards, Heero, the man used the magic words." Quatre smiled brightly

"Operation and mission." Duo and Quatre laughed together.

"So easily manipulated, Yuy." Wufei stated.

"Your black eyes are healing nicely, Wu-man." Duo said, protecting Heero. Everyone cold pick on him except Wufei, that's the rule. At least Duo's rule.

Wufei glared at Duo before speaking again.

"So what could be so bad that this man would hire Gundam pilots as foot soldiers anyway?"

"Thieves, convicts, disappearing rich kids, ghosts, and angry clowns." Heero ended it there, without putting anymore detail in.

Everyone else (they were all walking behind him) starred at one another, each on pointing a finger at a different person, questioning the blame. Each one nodded at each other. Slowly they all turned towards Heero and a very cold chill ran up their spines.

"He's gonna punch us in our heads." Duo stated out loud.

"What?" Heero asked.

"Oh, uhhh, ummm. God. We are all going to hell if we don't change our ways!" Duo nodded, proud that he had thought that up under so much pressure. Heero turned away from them and they all exchanged glances

When they walked into the carnival Duo stayed hidden behind Trowa. The horror movie carnie was still working at a booth towards the front.

"Don't they give these people days off..?" Duo whispered.

"All right everyone needs to split up." Heero said.

Everyone looked at each other, questioning if they should leave, but not wanting Heero to catch on. Slowly they all separated, going in opposite directions. Wufei headed for the exit.

"Turn around, Chang." Heero said, stopping him.

"You wouldn't understand, Heero, I shouldn't be here." Wufei said, slightly frightened. Heero didn't sympathize, he just pointed in a different direction and Wufei followed the direction he was pointing.

What is wrong with them...?

Heero started walking, scanning the area and trying to look inconspicuous, and it wasn't hard. It seemed to be a normal carnival.

Why would anyone target this carnival..or any carnival for that matter-

His thoughts were interrupted when he saw a familiar face.

Zechs?

Heero kept his eyes on him, not wanting to lose sight of him. If there was anyone suspicious in this city, it would be Zechs.

The blonde's blue eyes scanned the carnival, moving so intricately, it was obvious that he was looking for something. After only a moment he started walking, and he disappeared into a crowd.

And so it begins.

Heero followed in his path, but after walking for a few moments and when he hadn't caught up with him, he decided that he had lost the trail.

He must know im here.

Heero searched the crowd, watching everyone closely.

He couldn't have gone far...

"Hey lookie! The clowns back!!"

This caught Heero's attention, but it nearly stole his soul when he saw what happened next.

"Oh God." Trowa said. He was surrounded by a group of children.

"YAY! It's the clown from yesterday! Do you have more balloons?!"

"Can you juggle today, mister clown?"

"You're so big and strong I bet you could juggle us!"

"Yeah! Juggle us mister!"

Suddenly he saw a girl in a ninja costume hand Trowa three brightly colored balls to juggle. Trowa starred at her for a moment before trying to hit her, but she disappeared. Heero shook his head and tried to focus.

Come on, stick to the mission Heero. Find Zechs...

He turned his back on Trowa, who was, against his will, juggling for the children, but if you watched closely you could see him slowly backing away, ready to take his escape at any minute.

Heero had to search for another ten minutes before he found Zechs. He was sitting at a table eating a funnel cake. Not far behind him you could see the bumper cars, man they were messed up. there were dents were some idiot rammed into the walls so hard, and some of the cars were flipped, it was terrible and it needed repainted, but Heero had to stick to the mission. He started watching Zechs again. He stayed hidden behind the funnel cake booth and watched him closely, searching for an incriminating movement, but he didn't seem dangerous. If Heero didn't know him personally, he would have thought that Zechs was just a normal person in a carnival. The only incriminating thing about him was his wandering eyes, he was defiantly searching for something, but before Heero had time to think about it someone bumped into him and almost knocked him down.

"Sorry Heero!" It was Duo. He had been running and he ran right into Heero without stopping, until he saw Zechs and his funnel cake.

"Hey there Zechsy! That's a nice lookin' funnel cake you have there!" Duo stopped and sat beside the blonde at the picnic table.

"Duo? Why are you here?"

"Shhhh, secret mission.." Duo didn't move his eyes from the cake.

Don't give it to him Zechs, he gets drunk off of sugar...don't do it.

Duo starred at the cake so desperately, however, that Zechs finally got the picture and gave in. He slid it over in front of Duo.

Damn.

"I always like you better then your sister!" Duo exclaimed, shoveling a huge bite of the funnel cake into his mouth. Zechs just laughed lightly, not wanting to bad mouth his flesh and blood.

"You give me funnel cake, and you never tried to take Heero from me!" Duo smiled idly, already feeling the sugar rush of the cake.

"Speaking of him, is he here too or are you the only one here."

"Pshaw! I would never go to a carnival alone!" he lied, "Heero is right-" He stopped when a rock hit him in his head. When his cobalt eyes met Heero's, it was very obvious that Heero had been the one to throw it.

Don't give away my position... I swear on everything you pray for at night...

"Ow...damn kids." Duo changed the subject and went back to eating the cake.

Suddenly there was a ruckus behind Heero, and like everyone else in the crowd he turned to see what it was. A very disturbing looking carnie was running through the crowds, screaming "Dirty thief, come back here!" He was moving quickly, but clumsily, no wonder the thief lost him. After the carnie was far enough away he couldn't be heard Heero turned and looked at Zechs again. He was sitting up straight with perfect posture, but Duo was gone. The fact that the funnel cake was still on the table, however, proved that he wasn't far. That is when Zechs looked over his shoulder.

"He's gone, Duo."

Duo popped his head out from behind Zechs, looking over the blonde's shoulder before jumping out from behind him completely.

"Hey Zechsy, do you have change for a twenty?" Duo asked, picking the funnel cake up off of the table.

"Umm, yeah.." Zechs put his hand into his pocket and pulled out two bills. "Is two tens OK?"

"That's perfect! Thanks!" Duo took the money and put it in his pocket, he pulled out his twenty and threw it on the table in front of Zechs, and then he took off running in the opposite direction of the strange carnie. It wasn't long before Duo was out of sight. Heero looked back over at Zechs as he picked up the money Duo have paid him with. It was bright green, not the color of regular money.

"Monopoly money..?" Zechs starred at it clueless before he shoved it into his pocket and stood to move on with his day.

"Now where is it...?" Zechs questioned in a stoic voice.

Where is what...I wonder?

After Zechs had been walking for a few seconds Heero started off behind him.

It took about twenty minutes for something to happen, and what did happen he didn't expect. Not only did he see two guys, one being a one-eyed carnie, talking to Quatre and Wufei about quarters and how to use them as weapons, but then Heero heard something unsettling behind him. When he turned he saw cops chasing this over grown, muscly, and frightening looking convict. The large man was screaming something, but Heero couldn't hear him perfectly until he was right next to him.

"Wu-lala!!!"

"Oh...my...God." Wufei said, looking completely defeated as the convict started after him. Wufei turned and started running with all of his might.

Everyone starred for a long moment, but then everybody went on like nothing had happened. Even Quatre was positioning the two men with quarters and was showing them how to flip it in lethal ways, but Trowa appeared, looking exasperated from juggling and running. He grabbed Quatre's hand and turned towards the exit, but suddenly a mod of kids appeared, Trowa turned, Quatre still in hand, and he started running towards the House of Illusions.

Zechs.

Heero turned his eyes towards the crowd again, searching for the blonde, but the first thing he saw was blue eyes starring at him, and Heero ducked quickly back into the crowd. Zechs had saw him. No doubt about it, I mean their eyes even met.

Damn it damn it damn it!

After a few seconds Heero looked back over in the direction Zechs had been standing, and all he saw was the back of his head. He was walking away.

Maybe...he didn't see me...is he blind or just dumb?

Heero refused to give up on this mission, it was such a simple one, so he started off again, following in Zechs footprints.

It didn't at all seem like Zechs was headed for anything in particular. He weaved between people, tracing every inch of everything with his eyes. He had to be looking for something, no one pays that much detail to everything for no reason, and besides that fact ever couple of minutes Heero could hear him ask:

"Now where is it...?"

After ten minutes of this Heero grew annoyed.

He's not doing anything important! There has to be someone else!

Just as Heero was ready to turn around and leave he was knocked onto the ground.

"Sorry Heero! LOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOUUUU!"

Heero looked up at Duo, who was running again, but this time he was carrying a huge bag of cotton candy, much like the one he had at home, not to mention he had a bright green tie around his head, game tokens, tickets, and monopoly money flying out of his pockets, a stuffed parrot on his shoulder, and a jacket tied around his waist that Heero had never seen before.

"Come back here, you thief!!"

Heero's head yanked around and he saw the horror movie carnie again, but this time he was chasing Duo. He looked enraged, what would he do if he got a hold of Duo?

Heero couldn't let that happen.

As the carnie passed Heero, who was still on the ground, stuck out his foot and tripped him. The carnie fell to the ground and slid a few feet. Duo was far away now, so there was nothing to worry about. There was no way he would be caught now, not with that kind of lead. Heero pushed himself up off of the ground and dusted himself off. His head turned, looking for Zechs. he was starring at Heero, smirking, obviously amused by what had happened, but instead of saying anything he simply turned away and started walking again, this time he turned behind a tent. It was then that Heero decided that he was too stubborn to give up. He walked up to the tent and focused on one voice, and despite all of the people around Heero could only hear Zechs.

"At last! I've found it!"

Found it?! Finally.

Heero went around the corner and starred at Zechs, who had his back turned to him. It took a few seconds for reality to sink in for Heero. It was terrible, he couldn't believe what he was seeing! Of all the things. Heero couldn't hold back his face fault now. If Duo was there he would be crying from laughing so hard.

Heero had wasted two hours following Zechs...

All the way to Whack-a-mole.

Wow...I mean...wow.

Heero had never felt so foolish in his life...well...except for that time he got drunk...and the karaoke machine...ATeen...he shivered at the thought. Slowly Heero started backing away, trying to leave undetected, but he failed at the last minute.

"Heero, you know if you keep following me around I'll have to get a restraining order."

"Hmmmn..?" he was trying to play it off like he had just gotten there, it didn't work.

"Did you think I didn't see you?" He never turned from his game, "Duo pointed you out, I saw you twice, I was just laughing at you about thirty seconds ago."

I'm a fool for suspecting anything...

Honestly, Heero wanted to grab the spare mallet and show Zechs how the moles felt.

Plastic and beaten.

Like an old Barbie doll.

If I hit him hard enough to put him into a coma no one would ever know about this clumsy little mishap.

Heero walked up beside him and picked up the mallet. He raised it high above his head and hesitated for a moment before bringing it down hard, with all of his might, on the head of a mole.

He chickened out at the last second.

"Don't break it, Yuy." Zechs said, hitting another mole.

That should have been you, blondey.

He continued to take his anger out on the moles, randomly popping out of their little holes, like they own the place, little did they know Heero owns the world.

Heero's happy mole destruction came to an end when the tickets started spewing out of the machine.

"So, why were you looking for Whack-a-mole?" Heero finally asked the nagging question.

"Who would ever come to a carnival and NOT play whack-a-mole?! It's only the greatest game the world has ever seen." Zechs said, smiling.

Heero had another face fault.

So this is what warriors do once the war is over...disturbing..

"So why are you here, Heero 'Perfect Soldier' Yuy?"

"The owner of this place asked us to guard the carnival."

"Why?"

"In three days they have been robbed, invaded by escaped convicts, haunted by 'ghosts', they've lost rich kids, and a ride was destroyed by an angry clown."

Zechs started laughing idly.

"What's so funny?"

"You really didn't catch any of that?"

Heero starred at him, un-amused.

"Have your partners been to the carnival in the past three days, it sounds like it."

"...oh...my..God."

"It...looks like it too." Zechs said, starring at something.

"Those ass holes!" Heero said angrily.

"Heero, look." Zechs was trying not to laugh now, and Heero followed in his view until he saw what it was he should have been looking at.

Wufei was being arrested, all he could see was them mouth the word 'escapee.' Not only Wufei, but they had Duo on the ground, hand cuffing him. the horror movie carnie was laughing at him, holding the large bag of cotton candy in his arms.

"Oh great, now where is Trowa and Quatre?"

No sooner did Heero ask this question did he hear an explosion. He and Zechs ran up to Duo and Wufei, helping them to their feet because the police scattered when the bomb went off. Heero looked around, the only place that there was any smoke was next to the House of Illusions. There was another explosion. this time two figures ran out of the smoke. It was Quatre and Trowa, running out of the House of Illusions.

"Hey!!" Heero yelled, but stopped when he saw what was behind them. There were a million keys with tiny legs and black wings chasing after them, followed by Dan Smith, Curtis Blackburn, goblins, David Bowie, a giant vulture, penguins, a fire breathing buffalo, killer balloon animals, Ichigo Kurasaki, Hiei Jaganshi, Faust VIII, and a huge tidal wave of chocolate.

"Oh my God." All four of the pilots said together.

As Trowa ran by the group he picked up Quatre and threw him at Duo and Wufei, simply trying to get him to safety, and he alone ran from the massive group of angry...things.

Heero looked down at all of his partners, two handcuffed and one frightened.

What would one do?

Heero punched each one of them in the head.

"I told you he would!" Duo said, rubbing the knot on the back of his head.

"ASS HOLES!!" Heero exclaimed.

"Why did you hit me?!" Quatre asked, you could hear a slight whine in his voice.

"It was foolish not to tell Heero that you all had come here, especially after causing so much trouble." Zechs stated.

Heero looked at him. "I always liked you better then your sister."

Suddenly there were more explosions. Heero looked around for the bombs, but he couldn't see anything, but he did hear a chilling laugh.

"Heaven Smiles!!" Duo yelled, both scared and excited. He was obsessed with the Killer 7 game, it almost seemed unbelievable until Heero listened closely. He could hear hundreds of chilling laughs around them...and he did see Dan and Curtis. Heero got angry again.

"Why the HELL would they put REAL HEAVEN SMILES in a FUN HOUSE?!!!"

There were people running and yelling all around him, mass chaos, it reeked of chocolate, and he couldn't think.

There is something strange about this town...the only solution is...

Slowly Heero pulled a detonating device out of his pocket.

"Oh shit." Duo said, but then he started yelling, warning the people around him, "He's gonna blow it up!!!"

Everyone, including the pilots started running towards the exit of the carnival. Heero followed behind them all the way to the entrance. Upon arriving there he turned his back on the group of screaming and running people, the pilots the only ones no longer running, though Trowa was completely winded. Though no one could see it Heero smirked, being passive aggressive.

"Did he change his mind?" Zechs asked

"Doubt it." Duo said, starring at Heero.

His smile grew wider as he slowly lifted the detonation device in front of him.

"Operation Annihilation..."

The corner of his mouth twitched.

"...Complete."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The End

The Morals of this story:

Never, ever, ever ever evereverever leave Duo alone.

Heero has bombs planted all over the world, never be surprised.

If you can't beat them, blow them up

If you can't blow them up, then beat them.

If a mission has a cool name, then it is obviously worth accepting.

and finally:

EVERYONE likes Zechs more then his sister.
Sign up to rate and review this story