Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Collision Of Your Kiss...

A reason to start over new and the reason is you...

by HellOnHigh9 8 reviews

"It's time we moved on"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2008-12-18 - Updated: 2008-12-18 - 1510 words - Complete

1Exciting
“So your saying mom is dead?” Blair said as she stared down at the letter in her hands. She glanced up at Gerard who nodded his head sadly. Blair felt tears prick at the corner of her eyes, she brushed them away quickly staring up at her dad.

“We have to do something to remember her” Blair said with a sense of purpose, she stood up grabbing her bag. “I want to do something big” she said with finality.

“What is it you want to do?” Gerard asked looking at Blair with concern.
“I don’t know yet, but I’m sure I will soon” Blair said before walking out of her room. Blair walked out grabbing her black trench coat from the hallway closet, she went to walk out the door only to crash into Jay falling to the floor.


“Watch where your going” Blair said glaring at him as she stood up. Jay smiled slightly at her.
“Where you going?” he asked pulling his earphones from his ears.
“Brooklyn, I need to visit my mom” Blair said folding her arms across her chest looking at her feet.

“I’ll come with you” Jay said simply, zipping up his hoodie. “And I’ll even buy us coffee” he said with a smile going to wrap his arm around Blair. Blair looked at Jay then his arm and shook her head.
“A guy can try can’t he?” he said chuckling as they walked out the door together, Blair let a slight smile appear on her lips.

“Is that a smile?” Jay said teasingly as they walked out of the apartment building. Blair shook her head smiling causing Jay to laugh as he hailed a cab for them. They got into a cab directing it to the Cypress Hills cemetery. The cab ride was relatively silent til they reached the cemetery, Jay got out first helping Blair out of the cab.

“I’ll go get us coffee and I’ll give you some alone time with your mom” Jay said as Blair nodded. She watched Jay walked away before turning and entering the cemetery. She walked down the path leading to her mother’s plaque. Blair stared at it for a moment sighing.

“Dad found your letter mom” Blair said quietly. “I wish you’d told us” she said continuing looking at the candles by the plaque which had blown out. Blair pulled her lighter from her pocket, kneeling down lighting the candles with a sigh. “I want to do something to remember you mom, but I don’t know what and I don’t know how” Blair said tears pricking at her eyes again. “I’m scared whatever I do wont be worthy of your memory mom” she said tears slipping silently down her cheeks. Blair pulled a bunch of black roses from her bag and lay them in front of her plaque.

“You’ll be getting a proper monument soon mom, something better than this plaque” she whispered as she felt someone rest a hand on her shoulder. She turned to see Jay holding to coffee’s. Blair stood up facing Jay her face stained with tears, she watched him place the coffee’s on the ground and hold his arms out to her. She moved closer to Jay letting him wrap his arms around her tightly burying her face into his chest,
“Shhh it’s okay” Jay said as Blair cried into his hoodie. “Just let it out”
Blair looked up at Jay pain in her eyes.

“How could she leave us like that?” she said as a fresh wave of tears rolled down her cheeks.
“I don’t know Bear, I don’t know” Jay mumbled into her hair as she buried her face into his chest again crying.

“You told her?” Frank asked Gerard as they sat out on the patio smoking together in the crisp air. Gerard nodded zipping his jacket up before lighting his second cigarette of the hour.
“I figure it’s time we let go, move on.” Gerard said taking a long drag of his cigarette. “I mean now that the letter has been found and the fact her car was found abandoned near that beach. It makes more sense” he said as he blew smoke rings. “It’s awful she had to do it and it fucking kills she felt like she couldn’t deal so she had to resort to that. But we have been mourning for 10 years, I think we just need one last final goodbye” Gerard said as he took a sip of his coffee tapping ash into the ashtray beside his mug.

“Maybe we could play a show” Frank said as he stared at the skyline of the city. He sat up looking over at Gerard. “It would be the first show we’ve done in a while”

“Try 10 years Frankie. The last show we played was on Blair’s 5th birthday. You remember that” he said quietly. “The night Cami went missing” he muttered.

“Maybe it’s time we got back in the saddle. You could do a concert dedicated to her and make it like a charity thing” Frank suggested as he finished smoking stubbing out his cigarette. Gerard took another drag of his cigarette contemplating it.

“Blair could sing” he mused aloud. “I mean she plays the drums, but she’s a natural singer. She’d be amazing to play on stage with. We could do a duet, like under pressure or something. Or she could sing one of our songs” Gerard said looking at Frank who nodded along as he spoke.
“But what would she sing?” Frank said sitting up tearing his gaze away from the skyline to look at Gerard again.

“Cami’s favourite song by you guys was always Ghost of You” someone said from the doorway causing Frank and Gerard to look up seeing Adam standing in the doorway. “I came by to drop off those comics you let me borrow” Adam said walking over to Gerard handing him a few comics. “So your planning on doing a show?” Adam said walking over and taking a sip of Gerard’s coffee.
“Maybe” Gerard said as he finished off his cigarette looking at Frank and Adam. I want to ask Blair first”” he said.

“You know she’ll say yes” Adam said. “It’s time you gave Cami a proper send off, do the concert” he said simply yet with a defiant tone as he drank the rest of Gerard’s coffee.

The woman sat up turning on the TV in her hospital room, flipping through the channels. She finally settled on some entertainment news show. She sighed not really paying attention to what was being said as she read a magazine.

”It was announced today at a press conference this morning that for the first time in 10 years My Chemical Romance will be playing a show at Madison Square Garden. This comes from recent news that the wife of lead singer Gerard Way, Cami Way who until recently was still missing has been confirmed to have committed suicide following the discovery of a suicide note in family friend, known only as Jake to the rock photography world in his studio. This concert which is being played in memory of Cami Way is donating all proceeds from merchandise and ticket sales to various organisations dedicated to helping young adults with depression”

The woman looked up at the screen as footage of the last concert played by My Chemical Romance was being shown. The man whom she assumed was the lead singer was singing happy birthday to a little girl who she assumed was his daughter. The footage gave her a strong sense of déjà vu. She didn’t know why or how as the reporter went on to her next story. But something told the woman that she’d seen that happen before. She lay down under her cover letting her eyes fall gently shut as she fell asleep.

FLASHBACK

“Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Blair, Happy birthday to you” Gerard sang as he held a five year old Blair in his arms as she blew out her birthday candles in front of thousands of fans who roared when they were all out causing her to giggle.

“Time to cut the cake” Cami whispered in Blair’s ear. “If you touch the bottom you have to kiss the nearest boy, aside from daddy” she said smiling.
Blair took the knife from her mother pushing it down into the cake pouting as it hit the bottom. Blair looked around spotting Jay standing beside Frank, she wriggled out of her father’s grasp and planted a kiss upon his cheek causing the crowd to go ‘Awwww’. Cami looked at Gerard smiling, all was right with the world.

END FLASHBACK

Cami woke startled by the dream she’d had. She had a sudden feeling, a sudden urge.
She needed to go to that concert.

PLEASE REVIEW!
Sign up to rate and review this story