Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Collision Of Your Kiss...

Never coming home

by HellOnHigh9 3 reviews

Issues are expressed, discoveries are made.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-12-15 - Updated: 2008-12-15 - 1627 words - Complete

0Unrated
“What have you found?” Gerard asked quietly as he looked at Cami’s plaque on the wall sighing sadly.

“Someone tried to use your wife’s expired credit card in a town just outside New York City” Det. Herrero said. “We’ve found the man who tried to use it and we have bought him in for questioning Mr Way. We’ll let you know what we find out from him” Det. Herrero said before hanging up. Gerard sighed slipping his phone back into his pocket before walking away down the path to join the others.

Blair walked into the kitchen on Monday morning; she walked over to the counter and poured herself a cup of Coffee. She walked over to the table picking up the paper which was quickly snatched from her hands by Jay.

“Hey I was reading that” she said glaring at Jay who just smiled.

“Actually you weren’t” he said tucking the paper under his arm and pouring himself a cup of coffee. Blair frowned at him as she sat down at the table opposite Jay as he opened the paper and began to read it.

“Aren’t you meant to be going back to LA?” she snapped as Frank and Gerard walked in smelling faintly of cigarettes. Frank walked over and poured both himself and Gerard a cup of coffee speaking as he handed one to Gerard.

“Actually we aren’t going back to L.A., we’re staying here” Frank said causing Jay to look up.

“Are you serious?” Jay questioned a smile spreading across his lips. “That’s awesome” he said excitedly. “When’s mom joining us?” he asked as he closed the newspaper placing it down on the table.

“Uh she wont be joining us” Frank mumbled causing Jay to look up at him.
“What dad?” he asked as he went to pour himself another cup of coffee.
“Nothing, We’ll talk later” he spoke quickly. “You and Blair better get going you have school”
“You had to send him to my school Frank? Seriously?!” she cried out causing Frank and Gerard to burst out laughing. Blair groaned grabbing her messenger bag from the floor and storming out of the apartment as the guys continued to laugh together.


Blair walked down the street her eyes firmly planted on her I-pod as she scrolled through her songs, she finally found one she liked and hit play humming it as she pulled her hood over her head. All of a sudden she felt one of her ear phones being ripped from her ears, she spun around to see Jay smiling as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

“Your dad said you’d show me the way to school” he said with a smirk pulling her closer to him, Blair glared at him shoving him away.
“I’ll show you the way to school, but if you ever touch me again. You won’t be able to have kids” she snapped at Jay causing him to laugh.

“Oh come on Blair, we’re going to the same school can’t we be friends?” he asked giving her puppy dog eyes.
“My dad only said I had to show you the way to school, he never said anything about me having to be nice to you or be your friend” she said glaring at Jay who just laughed.

“Oh come on Blair Bear” he asked giving her puppy dog eyes again.
“Okay I’ll be nice and stop calling me bear” she said with a heavy sigh making Jay smile, he went to wrap his arm around her again.
“What did I say about touching me?” she said as Jay backed away chuckling.
“Okay Okay I got it” he said smiling as he fell into step beside Blair continuing their walk to school.


Gerard sipped on his coffee as he entered the police station, he nodded at the police officer at the front desk before walking into Det. Herero’s office, he took a seat looking at his surroundings. He noticed a wall covered with various awards, he began to read what they were for when suddenly Det. Herrero walked in and sat down.

“Mr Way I’m glad you could come in today” he said taking a seat at his desk opening a bottle of water taking a sip. Gerard looked at Det. Herrero; he looked to be in his late 50s with his greying hair and wrinkles.

“It’s cool, what did you find out?” Gerard said sitting up a bit placing his coffee on the desk.
“Well we talked to the man who tried to use your wife’s expired credit card. He told us he found it in a bag in a dumpster behind a local restaurant” he said lifting a plastic see-through evidence bag from under his desk. Gerard looked at the bag and sighed sadly.
“You have seen this bag before haven’t you?” Det. Herrero asked leaning back in his chair looking at Gerard with his steely gaze. Gerard nodded taking the evidence bag and looking at the bag inside it.

“I gave her this Emily The Strange bag the Christmas after Blair turned 2” he said quietly looking over it. “I know it’s hers because it has this bit where she spilt this red nail polish on it” he said with a sad smile showing the detective the spot as the detective nodded.
“We looked through the bag Mr Way and we found this, a business card for a Dr Marco Sariano” Det. Herrero said. “Do you have any idea who he may be?”

“He was Cami’s OBGYN” Gerard mumbled taking another sip of his coffee.
“So your wife was pregnant when she went missing?” questioned the detective.
“No she’d had a miscarriage prior to her going missing” he said quietly looking at his feet, feeling tears form in his eyes.

FLASHBACK

“Gerard!” Cami screamed from the bedroom causing Gerard to run into the room, his jaw dropped as he stared at Cami lying doubled over in pain on the floor.

“What’s wrong baby? Tell me” Gerard asked his voice laced with fear and concern as he struggled to get his words out as he looked at his wife.

“Something’s wrong with the baby” Cami managed to get out before crying out once again in pain.

“We have to get you to a hospital” Gerard said trying to help Cami get up. He managed to get her to stand he turned to open the door, he glanced back just to see Cami collapse to the ground unconscious.

END FLASHBACK

“That must have been awful for you” Det. Herrero said in a grave tone.

“It was. We both became depressed after it happened. We saw a counsellor together” Gerard said quietly.

“I don’t want to ask this but I have to Mr Way. Do you think your wife committed suicide?” the detective asked looking at Gerard. Gerard felt the heat rise in his cheeks; he looked up glaring icily at the detective.

“Cami would never do that, she loved me, she loved our daughter, she loved our family” he spat standing up. “If your just going to sit here and say my wife was a suicidal psychopath then you can go fuck yourself I don’t need your help” he snapped. Gerard stormed out of the office slamming the door behind him, he hailed a cab lighting a cigarette as he got in. He directed the cab driver to take him to the Starbucks closest to his house. 15 minutes later Gerard stepped out of the cab and walked into Starbucks. He strolled up to the counter and ordered a coffee before taking a seat by the window watching people as they walked by.


Gerard sat quietly for a few minutes waiting for his coffee staring out the window as he continued to smoke when someone spoke his name.

“Gee” someone said. Gerard looked up to see Jake standing there holding a caramel macchiato in his hand along with his own straight black coffee. Gerard took the coffee gratefully smiling at Jake as he took a seat opposite him.

“I was actually on my way to your place, but I stopped in here and I saw you. I’m glad I caught you” Jake said as he sipped at his macchiato.

“Why?” Gerard asked as he placed his coffee down on the table.
“I found this envelope in the studio. It was in an old box of negatives” Jake said handing Gerard a yellowed envelope. Gerard looked at the envelope as Jake pulled a box from his back pack which sat on the floor. Gerard pulled the box towards him, he opened it looking at one of the negatives with a sad sigh.

“These were from the last ever photo shoot the band did” he said with a sad sigh as he turned the envelope over looking at his name scrawled in black in. He opened the envelope unfolding the sheet of paper his eyes reading it.

“Who’s it from?” Jake said taking another sip of his caramel macchiato as Gerard read. Gerard sighed and placed the letter down on the table resting his face in his hands.

“Cami” he said quietly, causing Jay’s mouth to form a small round ‘oh’.
“What is it?” he said glancing from the paper which rested on the table to Gerard who looked up his face paler than usual. Gerard pushed the letter towards Jake who unfolded the paper his eyes growing wide as he read.

“It’s a suicide note, it’s dated the day she went missing” Gerard managed to choke out before breaking down in silent tears.


PLEASE REVIEW!
Sign up to rate and review this story