Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Don't Let Go

Chapter 6

by DarkRealm 2 reviews

What if Naraku killed Kikyo? How would Inuyasha react? What about Kagome?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-03-17 - Updated: 2006-03-17 - 941 words

1Moving
Ch. 6

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of its characters.

That foolish mortal. Does she really think that she will be going after the jewel unaccompanied? Kasumi thought. She must not think very highly of me. Kasumi jerked her out of the bed, sneering at her stupidity. "You, priestess. After we eat, you are finding me the shards. And before you even think about escaping, I'm coming with you. I'm not that foolish." Kagome gaped at the demon standing in front of her, wondering how she knew what she was thinking. Feh. Now she thinks that I have the ability to read minds. Dumb girl. Not that it matters. Once I get the jewel, she will be...dead weight. Kasumi thought, grinning to herself.

((Later that day))
"Priestess, which way is the jewel?" Kasumi asked and Kagome pointed towards the west with a shaking hand. The last time she had been kidnapped and forced to work as a shard detector, she had been with the wolf demon tribe. If only Koga would show up; I think that it would be the first time I was glad to see him since our battle with Juromaru and Kageromaru. Before she had even finished her thoughts, she sensed jewels shards coming closer at an alarming rate. She saw a whirlwind and was truly grateful to know that Koga was coming.

"Does this wolf demon have jewel shards?"
"No," Kagome lied, but she had never been good at lying and Kasumi saw through her facade.
"Do not lie to me, Priestess," Kasumi hissed.
"Kagome, who is this demon?" Koga asked worriedly as he stopped right beside her. "And where is mutt face?"
"I am Kasumi. You will give me your shards or you will die," Kasumi demanded.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Koga sniffed the air. "And why is it that you don't have a scent?"
"I have no reason to tell you, wolf. Now give me your shards."
"Why the hell would I do that? I'm here because I smelled Kagome, and I'm taking her with me."

Kasumi drew her kitana and gracefully swiped at Koga, but he dodged her attack swiftly. He ran over to Kagome and picked her up, swiftly running off in search for Inuyasha.
"Damn him!" Kasumi cursed, punching a tree. "That little wolf took that priestess. He will pay."

"Kagome, what happened?" Koga asked her with genuine concern.
Kagome told him how Kasumi had followed Inuyasha to her time and disguised herself in order to kidnap her.
"Sounds like she's been spying on you for awhile."

((An hour later))
"Inuyasha!!" Kagome exclaimed, running to him.
"Kagome, why the hell were you..." Then he saw who was closely following her.
"Koga saved me." Kagome smiled, not noticing the rising tension in the air.
"Feh. From what?" Inuyasha asked, his anger at Koga rising.
"From a demon by the name of Kasumi, mutt face." Koga responded.
"No one was talking to you, wolf boy."
"Heh. It's not my fault you're too dim-witted to even realize that Kagome was in trouble," Koga stated, to Inuyasha's great annoyance.

"It's none of your god damn business. Go back to your cave and rot, wolf boy."
Koga was rapidly getting tired of Inuyasha, and it showed.
"Koga... I think that you better go for now," Kagome said sweetly. " But thanks for saving me."
"Kagome, I will always help you when you need it. You are my woman."
Kagome's face flushed as Koga ran off, until all you could see was a small whirlwind in the distance.

((At Kaede's village))

"Feh. Stupid wolf..." Inuyasha muttered then turned to Kagome. "What exactly happened? I mean with Kasumi..."
Kagome sighed, she was already sick of explaining what happened. When she was finally done telling Inuyasha what happened, she looked at him. He seemed calm, which was not the reaction she expected, especially since Koga was involved in her story.

"Inuyasha...?" Kagome whispered.
"Feh. That stupid wench will pay...Kagome?"
"Yes Inuyasha?"
"...I'm sorry... I'm sorry that I couldn't protect you..."
Kagome looked at Inuyasha in shock... the times that Inuyasha apologized were few and far between. "Inuyasha... it's ok. I'm fine."

Inuyasha didn't look as convinced as Kagome had hoped. He looked like a little boy who had not only lost his puppy, but had seen it trampled over. Kagome sighed. She really didn't know how to comfort him when he was like this. "Inuyasha... you know its not your fault..."

"Feh. Like I care whose fault it is. I just don't like that wolf boy having to rescue you." Inuyasha barked out.
"Inuyasha, don't lie. Your not good at it," Sango said coming from out of nowhere.
"Sango!" Kagome ran over to her friend, eager to see her.

"Hi Kagome," Shippo shouted, jumping onto her shoulder. "Why were you so late?"
"I got a little held up. Sorry to worry you, Shippo."
A loud shriek echoed through the forest, followed by a loud slap and another thud.

"Miroku!!! You stupid lecher," Sango yelled.
Kagome sighed as she watched Miroku being chased by an extremely angry Sango. She got the feeling that somebody was watching her, but when she turned around, there was no one there. She was absolutely sure that someone... or something was out there.

((The Next Morning))

"Inuyasha... I sense a jewel shard that way," Kagome said as she pointed towards the south.
"Come on then!" Inuyasha said eagerly.
The group left their camp and ran off to find the jewel shard that Kagome had sensed.

Author's Note: Well... I hope you liked it... XD... I'll try to update soon...
Sign up to rate and review this story