Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Don't Let Go

Chapter 7

by DarkRealm 2 reviews

Kikyo has died by the hands of Naraku once again, leaving Inuyasha with feelings of loss and despair. InuKag, MirSan

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-03-26 - Updated: 2006-03-27 - 750 words

1Original
Chapter 7

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of its characters.

Author's Note: Wow... only three chapters left... or so I plan... then I plan on a sequel ^^... I don't care how many reviews I get because I write because I enjoy it not so I can see what other people think about it. But I love feedback ^^. Feedback helps to motivate me... So... press that little button down there and I'll promise that I will have Chapter 8 up next Tuesday.

"Inuyasha... do you sense that?" Miroku asked quietly.
"Yeah." Inuyasha said impatiently.
"There is a strong demonic aura coming from over there." Sango pointed to the left, anxious looks overcoming her normally calm features.

Kagome listened to them, knowing that only one demon crossed their minds. Naraku. It had to be him. Great. Now what? Kagome asked herself. Inuyasha took off eagerly, following the scent of Naraku he had finally picked up. I will give that bastard what he deserves. Inuyasha thought.

Inuyasha entered the clearing to see Kagura lying on the ground looking paler than usual, coughing crimson blood all over her yukata. What the hell happened to her? Was it Naraku? Inuyasha thought to himself. "What the hell happened?" Inuyasha asked her.

"Kasumi... and Naraku are in a battle... Na... Naraku... decided that I am no longer needed. They are over there." Kagura managed to spit out, as the blood dribbled down her face.
"Alright. I will get rid of them both." Inuyasha said.

Inuyasha ran off into the direction that Kagura had pointed.
"Naraku, do you really believe that you can defeat me?" Kasumi yelled confidently.
"Yes. Now fight so that I can get rid of the annoyance you have caused." Naraku answered calmly.
"Naraku!!!" Inuyasha yelled, causing both of the fighting demons to look in his direction.
"Oh... so the insolent half breed has joined us." Naraku said condescendingly.
"Feh. Today will be the day that you will finally meet your end." Inuyasha roared
"Is that so?" Naraku asked maliciously, but strangely calm.

Inuyasha drew Tetsusaiga and attacked Naraku. Naraku evaded the attack easily and counterstriked, sending Inuyasha sliding through the dirt, barely able to grip the Tetsusaiga. Inuyasha jumped up and shouted, "WIND SCAR!"

Kasumi watched as the attack struck Naraku, amazed by its power. Kasumi decided now was her time to make a move. She drew her kitana and hacked where she knew that Naraku lay. As she got closer, Naraku used the bits and pieces of himself to latch onto her body. "What the hell?" Kasumi screamed, as she was being sucked into the demon in front of her. "Noooo!" Kasumi shouted, unable to stop it. I have to get out...was her last coherent thought.

"Foolish demon. She thought that the jewel could allow her to resurrect her dead family. The little demon was all talk. And you, little half-breed, should know that I killed off her family 50 years ago. I thought she was dead... but lo and behold. Here she is, consummating my power." Naraku said with glee almost spilling into his features.

"Naraku you bastard!" Inuyasha shouted, taking Tetsusaiga into his grasp. Naraku had started releasing his poisonous miasma by the time Tetsusaiga was fully transformed. Inuyasha thrust Tetsusaiga forward, making it land perilously close to Naraku's heart. Naraku called forth his band of demons, hoping to distract Inuyasha long enough to return to his castle.

"Sango! Miroku! I could use some help over here!" Inuyasha shouted irritably.
"Inuyasha, Sango, stay back." Miroku said.
Miroku exposed the wind tunnel, drawing in all the demons Naraku had called forth.

"Damn it. That bastard ran away again." Inuyasha spat.
"We'll get him next time," Kagome said optimistically.
"Feh." Inuyasha said angrily. I hope so Kagome... Inuyasha thought.

"Inuyasha... what do you think about what Naraku said? I mean... about Kasumi?" Kagome asked sheepishly.
"I for one do not doubt what he said in the least." Miroku said calmly. "Think about it, after all the terrible things and pain he has caused just to us, do you think he would hesitate to do just what he said he did?"

"You know, it doesn't complicate anything. It just means we have to defeat Naraku and complete the jewel. Same things we had to do before." Inuyasha said loudly.
"That sounds like déjà vu." Shippo muttered.
"What was that you little runt?" Inuyasha growled.

Author's Note: Sorry for the short chapter. I have writer's block. The next chapter will be longer PROMISE!
Sign up to rate and review this story