Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Girl On The Side Of The Road.

Not Your Concern.

by XXPoeticTragedyXX 0 reviews

“SHUT UP, BILVY, WE’RE TRYING TO WATCH THE LION KING!”

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-12-27 - Updated: 2008-12-27 - 2076 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Can I get you some more coffee?” She smiled down at two men conversation; one of them forking a piece of omelet into their mouth and nodding. “Thank you.” he told her gruffly and adjusted his trucker hat. After she refilled his cup of coffee she poured some more tea into the other man’s drink as well and removed the plates that needed clearing. The other one went on about his driving schedule and the two’s conversation faded behind her and she checked her other table then headed to the kitchen to drop of dishes.

The sound of a bell ringing signaled that it was no time to start a conversation with the chef, not that she would, the chef was a jerk anyway, and she snatched up her little notepad to go get their order.

She saw him before he saw her and it was her turn to stop in her tracks for a quick moment and do a double take. Not him, it couldn’t be. Not twice in a lifetime. There was a small panic in her chest. I mean, she was just a girl. Having them here made her nervous. Yeah, it wasn’t just him, it was them. All of them. She was halfway ready to turn around and ask the other lady working to take their table but in the end she pulled out a little courage and made her way over, casual as could be. “Afternoon, boys. What can I get you guys to drink?” He didn’t noticed her as quickly. He was busy laughing at something Chislette had said. She scrawled down drink orders, going around the table and the whole time her heart was smacking against her ribcage at hyper speed and she was trying hard not to memorize the sound of his laughter.

Adam threw a Sweet & Low at him, and William snickered one more time before straightening up and turning to her. He had been a split second shy of saying something but whatever it was came out as weird vomit and he stared, the table growing quiet. She stood quietly for a moment then decided to ask him again because he obviously hadn’t heard her the first time. “What can I get you to drink?” She asked it so calmly, so casually, William could have sworn they had never met before. It was a bit disappointing in a way. He had dreamed of her last night. She obviously didn’t know that, but it still didn’t seem like she remembered him. Or if she did, she couldn’t even said Hi. So he would. As soon as he remembered how to speak because he seemed to have forgotten between Chizzie’s joke and her words.

“Hi?” the words came out in a slight mumble and across from him, Adam cocked an eyebrow. “What do you want to drink?”

“Huh…?”

A small blush faded into her cheeks as William averted his eyes to the table.

“She said, what do you want to drink,” Adam clarified impatiently.

“Oh….Oh!” William’s ear went red and he turned back to her. “I’ll have a tea, please.”

“Sweet or unsweet?”

“Sweet.”

The girl smiled and walked off to get their drinks and when she was out of earshot, Adam threw another Sweet & Low at his friend. “What’s wrong with you today? You acted like she was speaking Chinese.”

William threw the packet back and attempted to get back the normalcy he had walked in with. “Nothing, man, I’m straight.”

The rest of his meal was spent exchanging awkward glances whenever she walked by and even more awkward words mumbled so low on both their parts that they were practically having the same conversation twice because if she didn’t have to repeat herself, he did. It wasn’t an actually conversation, that was the disappointing part. It was more of her just checking their table and getting them refills but the whole time he never ceased to hold that look of confusion within his eyes. He couldn’t understand why she hadn’t been a little…nicer? She remembered him, he knew it. There was no way she couldn’t; who wouldn’t remember something that random and interesting? Yet, she just went on like he was another costumer. Don’t get me wrong, William wasn’t look for a fan girl reaction. He could do just fine without girls screaming over him like he someone important, no, it was more of the fact that he felt like she was acting like he was just another person. But he wasn’t. She wasn’t just another person to him, they had spoken, so he refused to just pretend they had never met.

He waited until she was finished brining out the pancakes Adam and The Butcher were sharing and excused himself from the table with a small cough. “Bathroom,” he muttered quickly, and half ran off towards the back. He didn’t even know where the bathroom’s were but he had seen her disappear this way. The kitchen was back here, but he wouldn’t go that far. What was he doing? He really didn’t know. What would he say? He had no clue. He was simply there and when she came out he would say something, it would just come to him. He hoped.

The door creaked open and he grinned, waiting for her to come out with plates or something and instead of a pissed off woman who looked well past her forties stalked out, a rag on her should and a spray bottle in her hand. His brown eyebrows furrowed just a little and turned back around to retreat to his table. He didn’t know why he wanted to talk to her so bad anyway.

“What are you doing back here?” One second she was nowhere to be found and the next he was standing right in from her, just a little too close because of that last step. William grinning an inevitable grin and nervously shoved a hand through his hair, making it messier that it was. “I--uh--you were--I mean…Hi.” He said the greeting with as much confidence as he could muster (because suddenly it was gone) and flashed her a smile.

“Hi,” She grinned back, shoving her pen and pad into her apron as he stared. Whoa. He hadn’t gotten as good a look at her the first time, but she was cute. In a weird sort of way, but she was. She peered up at him and laughed. “Hi?” She repeated and waited.

“You didn’t--” he laughed lightly, “I thought you’d forgotten me or something.”

“Forget William Beckett?” She threw him a smirk. “Impossible.” Ha. He wanted to say. He was just another person. He didn’t consider himself special. Did she expect him to treat her like she was a fan or something? He was assuming he knew his music, since she knew his name. There was something about the way she said it…it made him blush and he had to look around just to distract her. “Well, you know m--”

A muffled ringtone cut him off and he fished his phone out of his pocket. “What?” Now he was starting to get annoyed. “No, I didn’t fall into the--Wait, where are you going?” He looked up from his phone call at he as she started to turn.

The girl smiled apagogically. “I have tables. I’m not allowed to just converse,” she told him before disappearing through the swing doors behind her. She left his standing there and he glared at his phone before snapping it shut. Stupid Sisky. He walked back to the table trying not to sulk. “Yes, Sisky. I fell into the toilet. Thank you for caring.” Sarcasm dripped heavily from his words and he fought the urge to dig in his glass and throw an ice cube at his friend.

“Its what I’m here for.” Adam smiled a wide smile and leaned across the table to pinch William’s cheek and the taller boy slapped his hand away before picking up the paper by his plate. “When did we get our check?”

“A while ago before you left to take a piss.”

“But who brought it out, I was talking to--”

Adam shrugged. “Some lady.”

“I’m ready to go,” Mike announced and the rest of the table agreed.

“1, 2, 3, not paying!” Chizzie cried.

“Not it!”

“Not it!”

“Not me!”

“Not it!”

“Look’s like Bilvy’s paying,” someone announced and William blinked, completely lost on what was going on. “What?”

“You’re paying, bitch!”

He groaned. He really needed to start paying attention more. He rolled his eyes, “Fine,” and headed for the cash register. “I’ll go to the bus in a minute, I have to talk to someone…”

Hurrying to the counter, he pulled out his wallet and slid out his debit card. “All together,” he mumbled to the cashier and scanned the room for the mysterious girl. She sure was quiet, he noted mentally. Both times they had met, she hadn‘t spoken much.

“Can I get you sign this, please?” The older woman handed him the recite and he absently scrawled his name on it and grabbed the copy. “Thanks,” he told her quickly and headed towards the back of the diner to where they had been earlier. No one. He timidly pushed open the swing door and immediately he was caught. “Hey, you shouldn’t be back here!”

“I’m sorry, I’m just looking for someone,” He put his hands up in defense so the chef wouldn’t kick him out. “Uhhh, she’s a bit short? …She has dark hair…its got purple in it!”

The chef nodded gruffly, “Ah, yes, she already left.”

“She left?”

Another nod. “Yessa. Her shift ended and she took off.”

She took off? She just…left? But…William bit at the inside of his lip. “Yeah, okay, thanks…” he muttered and retreated back to the front of the diner and to the bus. What the hell, she just left? She could have at least say bye, maybe? Was she just trying to fuck with his head? No, that was impossible, right? She barely knew him. But she was acting like she didn’t want to get to know him. Or maybe he was blowing this out of proportion…Anyway, she could have at least finished their table. From an outside perspective it almost seemed like she was trying to get away from him. Only, he hadn’t done anything to her. His forehead crinkled and the bus honked. “I’m coming,” he muttered more to himself than he bus. “Damnit!” The words escaped his mouth as stepped onto the bus and everyone stared at him. He still didn’t know her name. “What?” He shot a look of annoyance towards his bandmates before pouting. Strike two. He was almost out.

This was ridiculous, he decided and threw himself atop his bunk; yanking his thin over-blanket around him. Two days in a row! Two days and she knew his name and he couldn’t even get hers! That’s not what even really bothered. No, he didn’t want to admit it, but what really bothered him was the fact that he’d thought about her so much since their first conversation. The fact he had dreamed about last night and she couldn’t even say hi when they saw each other again. The fact that he had thought about her all day and then he saw her and she disappeared five minutes later! What the hell kind of shit was that? Was she purposely avoiding him just then before she left? Had she purposely not told him her name? All of these thoughts were driving him fucking insane. He huffed and grabbed a pen and notebook from under his pillow in an attempt to shove her out of his mind. He would write. Yeah, that would work. Maybe. He put the pen to the paper in hopes of something coming out and instead he was overcome with the urge to describe what she looked like. Okay, no. This would NOT work. “Fuck!” He yelled rather loudly and threw his pen.

“SHUT UP, BILVY, WE’RE TRYING TO WATCH THE LION KING!”

That shut him up.
Sign up to rate and review this story