Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Girl On The Side Of The Road.

Can't Finish What You Started.

by XXPoeticTragedyXX 1 review

“Can you come get me? I think I need another ding dong.”

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-01-03 - Updated: 2009-01-04 - 1724 words - Complete

0Unrated

It was just past the mark of pathetic all week after that day at the diner. If William wasn’t walking around with a pout on his little lips, he was busy rambling on his bandmates about why this girl would be so mean to him that she couldn’t even talk to him. By now, William was bordering on annoyance and if he started up again, Sisky was going to beat his head in with his bass because he was so tired of hearing about this mystery girl.

He had just finished loading his instrument onto the bus and gathering his things for the ride home when William neared him. “I swear to God, you better not start,” the boy told Bilvy sharply.

“I didn‘t even say anything!”

“Dude, this is ME! I know what you‘re going to say!”

“Oh, sure. Maybe I was going to ask if I borrow a t-shirt.”

Sisky gave him a dull stare from his bunk and William opened his mouth.

“--Seriously,“ Adam warned him again. A whole minute passed and despite the fact that William was defending himself, Sisky knew it was coming. Hello? They’re best friends. Adam can practically read his mind. William was standing there with this look on his face like he was trying to hold back--and he was. It was so obvious he was trying hard to think of another subject to save himself. Still, we all knew it wouldn’t work. Adam gave it another seven seconds and William collapsed next to him. “--I can’t help it! This is driving me crazy!”

“Dude, if you shut the fuck up, I promise to drive to the goddamn diner myself and you will see her, okay?”

“What if she leaves again?” Now he was bordering desperate and Adam shook his head all the while fighting the urge to slap his friend and bring him back to reality. Get a hold of yourself! He wanted to yell. This was ridiculous!

“Dude, she is not gonna leave, okay? Chill out.”

The taller boy let out a defeated sigh. “Okay.”

*

It was a safe bet to say that he was practically counting seconds the whole as he waited for time to pass. All day, he kept staring at whatever clock he saw first. He asked everyone what time it was so many times the rest of the band was ready to either turn off all the clocks or chuck them out the window. This was horribly pathetic. William was not normally an obsessive guy and all this for a girl he’d seen twice? He was losing it. They weren’t used to seeing him act this way. Despite his weight, he wasn’t one to turn down food and now he wasn’t even eating because he was too busy waiting for the day to end. By 9 p.m Mike had grabbed a handful of snacks from the cabinet and marched to William where he sat in his bunk. Can you guess what he was doing? Yes, he was checking the time. “Eat them. Now.” Carden instructed as he dumped the mass of candy bars, Twinkies and pop tarts on his friend.

He got a funny look in response. “..No thanks?”

“Bill, this is ridiculous. You don’t even know her! And do you know how many times you’ve described her to me today?”

William opened his mouth and Mike shook his head. “Don’t answer that. Just eat some food. You’ll see her tomorrow. Stop monitoring the clocks before I turn them off, okay?”


Cue Bilvy’s eyes rolling. “Fine.” He looked up at his friend expectantly as if waiting for him to leave.

“No, seriously. I’m not leaving until you devour that ding dong.”

*

Half an hour, four ding dongs, two poptars and three snicker bars later, William groaned as he turned on his side so he wouldn’t have to hold his stomach. If he so much as moved an inch, he was going to puke and he prayed to whatever God existed that Mike was around when it happened so he could throw up all over him.

“I HATE YOU CARDEN!” He threw his hands up to cover his mouth as soon as he said that because even just speaking made him feel like all of that candy was going to come up with his words.

Someone laughed back in the living followed by: “You’ll thank me one day, you anorexic freak!”

If William could have yelled back he would have. But he was saving his puke for Carden.

I won’t tell you whether Mike ever got to see William’s puke up close. Perhaps he did, perhaps he didn’t. However, due to all the puke that followed the candy feast there was little to no time to watch clocks and think of random girls so I suppose Mike knew what he was doing. Everyone else totally hated him for it though, because despite the fact that William has long legs, they weren’t long enough to get him to the bathroom quick enough. Let’s just that The Butcher was not happy (and had to sleep on the couch) and everyone else had to hop that one spot on the floor if they needed to piss.

*

“Okay…okay…Okay.” Each step threatened to rut a whole in the tour bus’s floor if William didn’t stop pacing. He muttered the word to himself, determined to get a whole sentence out, some kind of plan but he couldn’t get past ‘Okay.’

“Okay…” He pushed his pale hands through his hair. “I’ll just…okay...I’ll…I’ll…I’ll walk in, and just ask for her…and…and…and Oh, God, I’m talking to myself.”

Now he was losing it. Not only was he talking to him, he was acknowledging it. But what was worse, ignoring the voice in his head or having a conversation with it? Either way it was still there. Maybe it was better to not even think about it. Yes, that sounded good…in fact, fuck waiting. He would rather do this alone that wait for Sisky. Without a second though the boy grabbed his scarf lying next to the bag of cheetos, wrapped it around his neck and headed out of the bus. He had at least fifteen minutes before everyone returned from their coffee run. Those fifteen minutes later, he was rounding the corner to a bus stop and shoving his hands into his pocket in hopes that he’d be lucky and one would stop by soon. I supposed he was lucky, since ten minutes later it came by. And a whole ten minutes later after that he was dropped off a block away from his destination and he phone was vibrating. He knew before he even looked at it that it was Adam.

“Yeah?” He answered his phone, walking briskly.

“What the hell? Why’d you leave?”

“Cause I need to do this alone.”

“One, you could have told me. Two, you moron, you left our bus unlocked and alone. We could have been jacked!”

“Sorry.” He couldn’t see it, but Adam was rolling his eyes and shaking his head. “Well, where are you?”

“The Diner. TalktoyoulaterBye!” He snapped the phone shut with his last word and shoved it in his pocket to square up the diner. She had to be working. She had to be. And if she wasn’t…someone was bound to know where she lived right? Someone has to know something.

Screw the fact that she was still a complete stranger. Screw the fact that he didn’t know anything about here, like her name or age or anything. Really, why did she have to fuck with him? That had to be the only explanation. She knew how much she got to him and she was sick and enjoyed messing with his head. What else could explain how they had met twice now and both times she failed to stay. Right? …Right? Well, it was not alright and he was going to talk to her, damnit. He was going to properly meet her. Right now. He pushed the doors open and strolled in with confidence to find an empty diner and one woman wiping tables.

That confidence of his deflated a little. “Uhh--e-excuse me..” He started, shuffling towards this lady he didn’t know. If she wasn’t working today, he was going to be disappointed.

“We’re closeded Dahrleeng’. I’m sohrry.”

He ignored her weird Russian accent and took another step in her direction. “I’m just looking for someone…a girl. Uhh, purple hair? ‘Bout this tall?” He threw his hand up in the air as an example and looked up at her rather hopefully.

“Ahh, yesh. Chee iz not heeere. Chee iz gone.”

He fought the urge to kick the ground like a five year old. “Can you tell me where she lives? Or what time she comes in tomorrow? Or whenever it is she comes in…” The waitress shook her head and waved a dismissive hand in the air.

“Oh, darhleeng, chee iz gone. Cheez going to University to study.”

“What…?”

The lady cocked an eyebrow. Did he just no understand her accent or what that a rhetorical question?

“University,” she repeated. “Her las day was lahst week.”

“She’s gone?!”

His cry made her jump. “Yes?”

“Thanks,” He muttered glumly. What now? She was gone. How was even supposed to know if she was still in the state? Hell, what if she had to gone to school in France or something? Then what? She paid him no attention as she continued to wipe the tables down like it was her formal duty to the world and he trudged out, slamming the door without a care. Pulling the phone from the depths of his pocket, he let out a seep sigh then dialed the number he knew so well and waited.

“…Sisky?”

“Yeah?”

“Can you come get me? I think I need another ding dong.”



A/N: Ttly didn't proof read this one. xD Anyway, enjoy because this is the last chapter I'm posting if no one likes it! P.S Who thinks William ended up throwing up on Carden?
Sign up to rate and review this story