Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Why Can't Life Be Simple?

Chapter 12 - Realisation

by Medusa 0 reviews

Frank

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-12-27 - Updated: 2008-12-27 - 2346 words

0Unrated
Franks POV
Waking up on my stomach the next morning feeling my hair in my face instead of behind my ears, opening my eyes in a slight daze wondering why I was in a comfortable bed instead of on the tour bus heading to the next venue. Leaning away from the pillow to get a better look at the place before realising where I was and why I was there.

Falling back into the pillow face first, sighing loudly and bringing my hand over my face to push back my hair. Thinking of Amelia and what she would be doing this morning, how her morning routine of smoking a cigarette with a strong coffee long forgotten as she’d have had to give up both vices being pregnant.

Being that I hadn’t given up either vices, I threw back the covers rolling out of bed my feet hitting the carpet with a soft thud. Moving over to the door and flinging it open stepping into the hall. Rubbing my hands across my face trying to wake myself up further and pressing the heal of my hand into my eye socket rubbing a little harder to get the sleep out, stepping lightly on the creaky stairs, carrying on down the stairs and into the kitchen.

The kitchen was filled with the band, Anna and Opal all standing or sitting around eating breakfast and drinking coffee.

“Morning Frank” Opal smiled handing me a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal

“Morning” I mumbled back taking the bowl from her and slouching over to the table where Mikey and Ray were talking about some comic

Bringing the spoon to my mouth I realised that everyone’s eyes were on me, watching my every move.

“Is there a reason why you’re all staring at me?” I asked mouthful of cereal

They all ignored my question and went back to whatever they were doing; leaving me to stare into my cereal ats the milk I was leaving behind every time I took a mouthful.

Breathing a sigh of relief when everyone started dispersing from the kitchen to help Opal with varies task I wasn’t the least bit interested in. Dropping my now empty bowl into the sink and gripping the edge with my pale hands.

Gripping the edge of the sink a little tighter and sighing frustratedly at the sheer enormity of the situation.

“I just feel so down today” I frowned looking out of the window at the grey cloudy sky, matching my mood perfectly

“Seeing her might help” I heard being whispered behind me. Turning round slowly the person who whispered those words had disappeared

Slouching back towards the stairs and up them, finding the room I had left not twenty minutes ago and dragging on a fresh pair of boxers, pants and t-shirts – one long sleeved t-shirt and one short trying to block out the coldness I felt over my body. Falling backwards onto the bed, I winced as my heel kicked something under the bed reaching down I pulled box adorned with Amelia’s handwriting all over it.

Holding the box tenderly in my hands rubbing my thumbs over the front, sliding the lid off the top curious as to what was inside feeling as though I was intruding into another secret part of Amelia’s life. I smiled as a much younger Amelia smiled back in a formal middle school picture. Pushing the picture aside I noticed the cards and pieces of paper underneath as being notes and songs we’d wrote together sitting on her bedroom floor back in Jersey wishing we we’re somewhere.

That somewhere else I never imagined would be Vancouver miles and miles away from our real home in Jersey, our childhood and our memories. Dropping onto the floor, spreading it out before me fingering all the tip bits of my younger life that Am had saved and smiling at the things I’d forgotten all about.

A letter fluttered out of the pile as everything settled onto the floor, it was folded twice and had a simple FRANK printed on the front, blinking slowly turning the letter over in my hands. My name mocking me as I deliberated wither or not to open the letter and read it. Deciding because I’d already read her diary why not read something that was addressed to me in the first place.

Dearest Frank
If you’re reading this I’ve already left Jersey for my new job in Vancouver. The reason I’m telling you this in a letter because I find it too hard to tell you to your face. I’ve tried to tell you this for the last few weeks but never found the right moment as we’ve spent less and less time together.

I’ll get to the point as I’ve left you hanging on.

I’m pregnant Frank and well you’re the father. I know how crappy it is telling you in a letter but I couldn’t face your reaction if I told you. I hope you’re not too mad at me when you’ve read this…once you’ve got over your initial reaction to this…come and see me.
Love you lots and lots
Amelia xxx


Gulping as I felt a slow tear roll down my cheek and splash onto the page. Crumpling it in my hand as I suddenly realised just how hard it must have been for Amelia to write those few word down onto paper before she left for the airport. A smile coming over my face as I realised what this meant, that Amelia wanted me to have something to do with this pregnancy from the start; she just couldn’t find the appropriate time.
Feeling my mood suddenly lift as I glanced down at all the artefacts from our joined childhood, leaving all the pieces on the floor and stumbling out of the room to see Amelia.

Amelia’s POV

Rubbing my stomach slowly with one hand and clutching my pillow with the other, sighing loudly to myself. I was hungry but too lazy to get out of bed to make myself something. Turning my whole body over, staring out of the window across the few building that were dotted around my apartment, breathing in deeply and wishing so much that I was back in my bedroom in Jersey, waiting to be woken by Anna or my brothers.

Frowning a little as I stared at the skyline hearing noises from down the hall. Staying absolutely still I realised with rising horror; I hadn’t checked the door when Gerard had left. Swearing to myself and trying to remember if I had heard Gerard locking the door but then remembering that I’d fallen asleep before he’d left.

Trying to calm my racing heartbeat, sitting up in bed and slowly swinging my legs out of bed and silently placing my feet onto the cold hardwood floor desperately not to let the intruder know that there was someone in the apartment.

Silence filled the room as I slowly lifted myself out of bed, my footsteps sounding louder to my own ears. As softly as I could in my heavily pregnant state towards the bedroom door, gripping the door handle tightly deliberating wither or not I should open the door and make my way down the hall way to investigate.

Pressing my ear to the door not believing what I was hearing, opening the door a crack listening for the sound of smashing dishes but instead hearing soft singing coming from the direction of the living room. Frowning slightly and wondering if this was the most silent robbery in the world or it wasn’t a robbery after all.

Opening the door a little wider to fit my expanded frame through, padding down the hallway somewhat silently. Moving into the empty except from the couch and coffee table living room, recognising the sound from the kitchen was definitely singing.

Walking to the door and pressing my hand to the door pushing it open to reveal the disaster that was my kitchen and someone hunched over a the cutlery drawer.

“Frank?” I frowned recognising the belt that was around his waist as the one I’d bought him for his birthday

His name being said into the room startled him making him slam the draw shut on his hand.

“Dammit” He yelped, withdrawing his trapped fingers from the drawer “Sorry” He whispered over his shoulder – for what he was sorry I couldn’t work out, I’d certainly heard worse words out of his mouth

“What are you doing here?” I asked, trying to work out what had changed in the last day

“I’m making breakfast” He answered nonchalantly waving a spatula that he had picked up with the opposite hand

“Why are you making breakfast?”

“I thought you might be hungry” He remarked still staring into the frying pan

I stood there staring at the back of his head and wondering why he was being so nice to me after the bomb shell I had left him with yesterday.

“Have a seat, I made orange juice” He smiled over his shoulder

“Okay” I mumbled, thinking I’d stepped into the twilight zone

Listening to my stomach rumble as I smelt the pancakes and fresh juice, taking a seat at the table across the room: sighing at how domestic this all was.

“Juice” Frank asked waving a glass at me

“Sure” I smiled, making myself more comfortable at the table

He smiled at me as he placed the glass down on the table, pushing it towards me slightly.

“Are you okay, Frank?” I asked as he stared at my stomach

“Yeah, I’m great” His smile becoming wider

“Erm…okay” I replied staring into the glass of juice sat in front of me

Moments of silence came over both of us as Frank pottered around in a kitchen that he knew better than me, making breakfast and humming the tune to a song I knew I knew from somewhere.

“Syrup?” Frank asked holding it up for me

“Do you have whipped cream instead?” I asked finally looking up at him to notice that he had pancake mix on his forehead

“Yeah, I’ll let you put your own on” He smiled at me

“Thanks for doing this Frank. I would have ordered out this morning if you hadn’t came round” I smiled up at him leaning on my hand

“It’s no problem. I know how hard it is being on your own”

“Frank?”

“Hmmm” He smiled over his shoulder at me

“What’s changed?” I asked trying to hide the unease in my voice

“I was hoping to have this conversation after breakfast” He frowned a little before turning back to what he was doing

“Okay” I replied looking back down at my pancakes and eating slowly

This was his way of breaking it to me gently, show up at the apartment and make me my favourite breakfast then tell me that you never want to see me again after what I put him through. Gulping down the piece of pancake I had on my fork along with the tears that stung my eyes. Listen to Frank sit down with just a cup of coffee in front of him.

“Everything okay, Am?” He asked watching me closely

Clearing my throat and trying not to look up at him for fear of seeing the rejection in his eyes.

“I’m fine” I mumbled sipping my juice

“You can’t look at me” He countered “Something’s wrong”

“I just know what you’re going to say” I whispered to my pancakes suddenly losing my appetite “You’re going to tell me that you can’t get involved with someone that lies to you. That you’re going to be there for your kid but not for me” Looking straight at him

To my horror Frank started laughing, a deep laugh which I hadn’t heard in months.

“You think that’s why I came over?” He smiled

“Yes” I frowned trying to hold in my anger at how he was making this some kind of joke

“The lying wasn’t the worst part Am. The fact that I missed out on so much of our baby developing and growing inside you is what hurt me the most” He paused to stare at my stomach for a few moments before continuing “Amelia” He finally smiled moving slightly closer to me

“Frank” I mumbled as he took my hand waiting for the inevitable

“I don’t want to miss another moment of our baby’s life or yours” He finished looking at me

“If that’s how you feel Frank then you’ll have as much access to the baby as you want” I replied as he stroked his thumb over my fingers

Sitting there for a few minutes letting his words sink into my mind, staring down at our hands before looking up at him smiling

“Did you just say you want to be with me?” I asked trying to hide the tremble to my voice
Frank nodded looking into my hazel eyes as I looked into his.

“Seriously, what changed?” I asked sure I could handle the answer this time

“I read the note that you were going to leave me the day you left Jersey” He smiled

“That’s what Anna was looking for yesterday” I smirked

“Meddling friends huh?”

“Mmm...So you really want to do this, eh?”

“I’ve never wanted anything more” He smiled “I’ve always known I loved you”

Bringing my glass to my mouth, I nearly dropped it in surprise.

“You love me?” I beamed putting the glass down

“Yeah, I love you Amelia Fate Way” He smiled pulling me slightly out the chair and into the tightest hug possible

“I love you too Frank Anthony Iero” I whispered into is ear hugging him back
Sign up to rate and review this story