Categories > Cartoons > Danny Phantom > Danny Phantom: Fanning The Flames Remix

The Eastern Venture, Part 1 (New Faces)

by Kairi-kun 0 reviews

The new story arc now begins! Danny and his class arrive in Japan, where some fresh new faces await them. Oh, and Danny Fenton becomes a wee bit more popular...

Category: Danny Phantom - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor - Published: 2008-12-30 - Updated: 2008-12-30 - 8379 words

0Unrated
Danny Phantom: Fanning The Flames Remix

Verse 5: The Eastern Venture (Part 1: New Faces)

(Fade in to a classroom in Casper High in mid December, where currently Danny and his class is assembled. Along with the class is Prof. York, Lancer, Testlaff and the Fentons. At the podium in the classroom is Principal Ishiyama.)

Ishiyama: Good morning students! No doubt you’re all aware of why you’re here!
Dash: Is it because of the cake incident in home ec? I swear, it was Kwan’s idea!
Kwan: Dude!
Ishiyama: No, Mr. Baxter it is not, but I will have a word with you about that later! As you all know, your class scored the highest in the recent academic competition in Casper High,, so you have won the right to the school trip to Japan. Needless to say, we are all pleased with your performance. Some a little more than others.
Lance: She means my kabuki dance, right?
York: Yes.
Ishiyama: Now, our esteemed Prof. York is providing the majority of funds for this trip, so I will give him the floor. (The principal steps aside as York addresss the class.)
York: Ok, let’s get down to the details. Everyone here is getting a nice folder with some info on the area we’ll be staying in as well as local customs, history and useful Japanese phrases. Trust me, you’ll need them. It’s also got a handy map of the area in case you get lost. The folks in charge of everything will be myself, along with Mr. Lancer, Mrs. Testlaff and the Fentons.
Maddie: It was so nice of Altair to ask us to help out with the trip.
Jack: Yeah, I’ll say. It’s gonna be nice to get out of the city and visit your old teacher. I forget, what was the name of that village, I always had trouble pronouncing it.
Maddie: Yuurei-no-Machi dear. We haven’t set foot there since we were in college.
Jack: Ah, that was a nice town. I still find it odd that their methods of ghost handling was so traditional. But then again, we didn’t get to do too much anyway.
Lancer: Wait, did you say they have ghost problems?
Maddie: Well sort of. Yuurei no Machi kind of has a reputation for supernatural occurances.
Jack: It’s also one of the most noted places for supernatural studies in the world. There’s even a detailed library of the spirit world located there.
Lancer: Wow, kind of odd that York chose to host the trip there.
Maddie: Oh there’s more to the town than ghosts! The booklet explains it all.
York: So again, I must stress on the importance of not going ino this region. It’s off limits. I don’t even want to THINK that I saw any of you go there.
Dash: But you haven’t even explained what a ‘love hotel’ is.
York: Dash, ask me in private later if you must. Just don’t go. Especially you. (York points into the crowd of students.)
Danny: What?
Sam: Why are you pointing at us?
Danny: We’re not even—
York: I was talking about them. (Tucker and Star exchange glances.)
Tucker: Oh boy.
Star: He assumes the worse of us.
Paulina: Hee hee, I think he meant both of them.
Valerie: Totally.
York: The handy-dandy guide we have for you will give you more details than I can cover. Also, we need you to fill out these forms so we can properly hand out uniforms. (The classroom gasps.)
Dash: Wait, WHAT?
Ishiyama: Since you will all be studying in a Japanese school, it’s only fitting that you wear the proper attire. Personally, I think you will all look adorable!
Sam: Oh no.
Paulina: Oh this is almost too much! You’re actually making Sam Manson wear a DRESS!
Sam: What are you so happy about? You’re wearing the same dress too!
Paulina: Yeah, but I make it look GOOD.
Dash: I fail to see the upside to this!
Kwan: Believe me, it’s not so bad. Have you ever seen a Japanese female’s gym uniform before?
Dash: No.
Kwan: Trust Kwan when he says it’s worth it!

(Later, on the roof of the building York talks with Maddie and Jack.)

York: I want to thank you two again for volunteering to come with us on this trip!
Maddie: Hey, no problem!
Jack: We’d like to think we could take a more active role in the kids life. The idea of leaving the twon defenseless against a ghost attack does trouble me though.
Maddie: Dear, that’s why Jazz is staying at our house until we get back.
Jack: Yes, but I’m uncomfortable with leaving her in Fenton Works on her own.
York: I’m sure your daughter will be fine. Unless, of course, you want those other ghost hunters grabbing all the fame.
Jack: Fine fine, I’ll just think of this as a learning experience for her. And it’ll give me time to get some more data on Japanese ghosts.
Maddie: You mean the yokai dear. There’s still something that is on my mind, mostly being the fact that Master Hamato is the one who is behind the planning.
York: I know. He’s busy enough as it is working with the ojo. Why do you suppose he sent you that letter concerning Danny?
Maddie: Beats me.
Jack: Maybe it’s the old hidden potential gambit.
York: Say what?
Jack: Well, since both of us are rather ‘gifted’ in certain fields he figures that some of the potential rubbed off on the offspring.
York: I think you watched too much Star Wars.
Maddie: You’d be surprised how accurate some of his guesses are. In any case, it will be great to see Yuurei no Machi again.
York: Yes, just one thing.
Jack: We know, we know, don’t go to the love hotels.
York: I wa saving that line for Danny & Sam!

(Elsewhere, specifically within the confines of the Amity Mall, Paulina is sitting at a table in the food court, sketching tablet in her hands as Valerie and Star approach her.)

Star: Wow, you were right, there she is!
Valerie: See? She’s sitting right there, no entourage or anything.
Star: That’s just freaky. The girl’s practically fueld by adoring fans. I wonder what she’s up to.
Valerie: Yo, Paulina!
Star: So much for the subtle approach.
Paulina: Hey, fancy meeting you here.
Valerie: Yeah, word on the street is you’ve been pursuing the hermit lifestyle lately.
Paulina: Yeah, usually I wouldn’t keep myself out of the public eye for too long, but I’ve had what they call a ‘surge of inspiration’ as of late.
Valerie: Surge of inspiration…
Star: It seems it has something to do with the drawing tablet in your hands. Is that a an evening gown?
Paulina: Yeah, 7th one I thought up. I also have designs for shirts, blouses, hats, skirts, the whole 9. I just seem to have a whole lot of ideas swimming around in the ol’ noggin.
Valerie: I didn’t even know you sketched.
Paulina: It’s a skill of mine I had long before my beauty captivated the masses.
Valerie: Modesty is not an issue I see.

(Elsewhere, at Danny’s house, Danny sits on his bed, reading a Japanese-English book as his father peers in.)

Jack: Danny! Cae to help your old man test his latest invention?
Danny: It’s not another pack of explosive gum, is it? The kitchen walls still have some embedded within.
Jack: I’ve been meaning to do something about that. No, actually it’s something I think you might be interested in. Catch! (Jack tosses a metallic sword handle to Danny.)
Danny: Looks like a piece of a sword prop to me. Wait, this button…

(Danny presses a button on the hilt. A long green blade of energy shoots out fom within. Danny whistles as he holds it aloft.)

Danny: Dad, did you just invent a light saber?
Jack: No, I tried that once. The first thing I learned about inventing is that Lucas comes down on ANYONE who builds their own light saber. This is the Fenton Blade. I designed it so tha tit uses ectoplasmic energy to form a pretty handy melee weapon. It’s only designed to affect ghosts and any oher upernatural entities, so humans will remain relatively unharmed.
Danny: Cool. But why me? Shouldn’t mom or Prof. York get to try this out?
Jack: Oh, the two can handle themselves. You and your classmates, you need to ake precautions. The town of Yuurei no Machi’s spirit activity has increased a lot since we were there. Since we can’t bring any of the usual gear, we have to improvise.
Danny: Funny, I never heard much about the town.
Jack: It was a shock to me too when I was first introduced to it…

(Many years ago, in Jack’s college days…a younger Vlad approaches the makeshift lab that Jack has shut himself in.)

Vlad: I should have guessed that he’d be in here again! Hey Jack, it’s almost 3:45! Maddie will kill us if we don’t make it in time. (One small explosion later, Jack opens the door to his lab, the jacket he’s wearing still smoking.)
Jack: Whoa. How long have I been in there?
Vlad: Since 6 this morning! Nice to see some of us still have some energy after Dr. Harker’s lecture.
Jack: Wouldn’t it be easir to just tape it and sleep through the class?
Vlad: Yes, but it’s the principal of it all. Still working on the anti gravity engine, I see.
Jack: Yeah and failing. So I decided to work on the ectofield. I learned a very important lesson on filtration.
Vlad: I’ll remind myself to ask about it later. What do you suppose Maddie wants?
Jack: Beats me. Maybe she scored tickets to the Run DMC concert!
Vlad: If we go, promise you’ll keep the break dancing to a minimum.
Jack: I didn’t complain when you busted out the green and yellow bodypaints.
Vlad: Now now, no one forced you to paint both our bodies…

(10 minutes later, Jack, along with Vlad and Maddie, are seated in a large lab. Sitting with them is a 7 year old Altair York, dressed in a lab coat, black shirt and grey shorts.)

Vlad: Long as I live, I’ll never figure out how we get paired with him.
Jack: It’s not so bad. We get class credit for helping him out.
Maddie: And we do get to travel out in the firld. That’s a positive.
Vlad: I’d agree, but we seem to nearly get killed every so often.
Jack: The rotunda incident?
Vlad: Very fresh in my mind.
York: I hate to interrupt your discussion, but I think you 3 will be very interested in the proposal I have for you.
Jack: Right! So what is it we’re going after this time? Scrolls from Alexandria? Pieces of Excalibur? How about the Spear of Longivus?
York: Maybe I’ve been letting you have too much fun in these research trips.
Vlad: Your definition of fun seems to involve outsmarting Nazis.
Maddie: Never mind these two, what is the proposal.
York: The government has taken interest in a prefecture in western Japan called Yuurei no Machi It’s been reported by various operatives and paranormal investigators that all sorts of strange phenomenon occur in that region. I’ve been asked to form a research team of my own to look into it.
Vlad: A town possibly full of ghosts?
Jack: Who, sounds exciting!
York: Don’t get too worked up about it. We are only there to observe, record and study. I’m told the local authorities will be handling any and all situations that need decisive action.
Maddie: I suppose that is a positive. Although I really wouldn’t mind getting my hands dirty myself.
Vlad: And I always did want to try authentic sushi first hand.
Jack: Man, where’s the fun if we can’t even see a ghost?
York: There is also a pretty nice Godzilla exhibit…
Jack: SOLD! We’ll leave first thing tomorrow!
Vlad: I’ll go get the cameras.

(Back to the present.)

Danny: So it wasn’t the promise of seeing ghosts that lured you to this town but Godzilla? You continue to surprise me.
Jack” Oh it takes much more than ghosts to get me going. Remember son, you need to be willing to go to unfamiliar places to expand your mind and your potential. Your mom, Vlad and I got some real insight into the spirit world while we stayed there. You may learn some other things too.

(Meanwhile, at Sam’s home, in her room, Sam is meditating as her parents peek in.)

Mrs. Manson: All I’m saying is I am quite quite uncomfortable with it!
Mr. Manson: I know dear, but we have to accept that our little girl will not always do what we think is best for her. Te key thing to remember is not to do anything that would make her think we resent her.
Mrs. Manson: There you go again, quoting Dr. Phillips.
Mr. Manson: You have to admit, his advice is pretty effective.

(As the two quietly close the door, Ember appears before Sam.)

Ember: The thing that surprises me is that they think you can’t see or hear them.
Sam: I like to think of it as a sort of subliminal guilt trip on their part.
Ember: They seem to fail at the ‘subliminal’ part. Byt there’s another thing you ought to be worrying about.
Sam: Yeah I know, the school uniforms. I’m just glad they’re in black.
Ember: No, not that. I meant the situation with you and Baby Pop.
Sam: Oh great, just what I need, someone else telling me to try and refrain from using a love hotel.
Ember: Not that. The idea is kind of intriguing though. I was actually bringing attention to the fact that you have yet to make a move on him.
Sam: Oh, that.
Ember: I’m just saying.
Sam: Look, it’s a bit complicated.
Ember: The kiss that he planted on you during the ‘Disasteroid Incident’ didn’t seem so complex. And the ‘fake out make outs’ you two had? Don’t tell me you didn’t feel the earth moving for you then.
Sam: Tucker?
Ember: No, you. Shared memory thing.
Sam: Yeah, how’d I forget that?
Ember: I’m bringing this up only because of the fact that lately, regular ol’ Danny Fenton’s been real popular with the ladies. And the way you two have been acting, it’s gonna be a matter of time before another girl becomes bold enough to ask him out.
Sam: Trust me, it’s nothing that I’m losing sleep over. Danny and I, we’ve known each other for a long time and if I really wanted to go out with him, I’d had jumped at the opportunity a long time ago. Besides, since when did you notice something like this?
Ember: Hello, I’m his rival. I HAVE to notice these things. The fewer distractions he has, the better our fight will be!
Sam: Sure, stick to that one.
Ember: says the girl who won’t stop pestering me about what happened at the tree.
Sam: He was wounded, how else would I react?
Ember: Suuure…

(Elsewhere, at York’s mansion, York and Dani talk as he wheels a crate in.)

Dani: Don’t tell me it’s yet another souvenir from your digs in Mexico.
York: Huh? Oh no, this one is from Scotland!
Dani: Figures.
York: Anyway, I think you guys will like the place. The dormitory is located a couple of miles from the school and it has quite a few facilities built in, which include a gym.
Dani: I’m cool with that, but I don’t understand why I can’t be in the same class with the others.
York: Well, it was hard enough convincing Ishiyama to let me take you along. But I do think spending time with an actual Japanese class would be good for you.
Dani: I’ve got no problem with it, although I hope the language barrier won’t be an issue.
York: Oh it won’t be! Behold my latest nifty little gadget. (York produces an earpiece from his pockets.)
Dani: Hey, are those replacement headphones for my iPod?
York: Better! It’s an enhanced version of my subliminal learning program.
Dani: Oh yeah, the only reason Dash managed a C+ in the first place. That was a true miracle.
York: No, the miracle is in him retaining said knowledge. Anyway, I optimized it so that you’ll learn Japanese as you sleep.
Dani: Cool.
York: I’ve already given this to most of the other students to test it’s effectiveness. The program could greatly benefit us if we are able to get the students to have a grasp on the Japanese language.
Dani: Plus, I’ll be able to order from Samurai Sam’s in their native language.
York: Yeah, we’ll go with that. (The doorbell rings.) Hmm, wonder who that is at this hour.

(York opens the door to find Youngblood waiting.)

Youngblood: Evening, teach!
York: Youngblood? Well, this is odd. You’re not here to ask Dani out or something, right?
Dani & Youngblood: WHAT?!!
York: Then again, the signs are there. I mean you have been coming around here an awful lot. I thought it was just to see if I am as awesome as I really am, but still…
Youngblood: Whoa, hold up, she’s not even my type!
Dani: I am not interested I someone who won’t even admit when he lost in a DDR match!
Youngblood: Says the girl who goes through a whole bag of nachos in 5 minutes!
York: Ah, young love! They say the more you like each other, the more interesting the fights are…
Youngblood: You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?
Dani: Oh yes he is.

(A few minutes later at the dinner table.)

York: Train you? Me?
Youngblood: Yeah, why not? I mean you taught Danny, Sam and Ember quite a lot, you can teach me too.
Dani: It’s not like you can count on him to power you up just because Danny became more powerful.
York: And truthfully, I’m not so sure what I can teach you. You seem pretty powerful enough already without my help, and I must say that artificial hand of yours is quite interesting.
Youngblood: With me it’s different. You know I’m the embodiment of youthful ambition and rebellion, but even before the Phantom Incident, I’ve been changing and I don’t know why.
York: Maybe it has something to do with the asteroid when it passed through the Earth. There’s a slim chance that some of the energy released as it passed through the Earth is till hanging about.
Dani: If it has, we should have noticed some other changes.
Youngblood: I’m stumped about that too. Then again, some of the other ghosts do seem different now that I think about it.
York: As it is, I have my hands full training Danny. But…
Youngblood: Uh oh, I hate it when an adult says something like that. It usually means trouble!
Dani: Or worse, a test!
York: If you agree to a few conditions, I think I can find a way to accommodate you.
Youngblood: Sure, I mean, what’s the worse thing I’ll have to do?
York: For starters, you’ll have to attend school.
Youngblood: Oh yeah, that.

(A few weeks later, specifically in an airport in Japan, the class all gather inside a terminal within.)

Valerie: Wow, so this is Japan!
Paulina: We passed by 10 Hello Kitty shops and we haven’t even left the airport yet.
Valerie: That didn’t stop you from buying 200 dollars worth of Hello Kitty stuff! And how come you had so much yen on you anyway even before we went into the currency exchange area?
Paulina: My papa always keeps different currencies on him when he travels, just in case of emergencies. Ohh, crème puffs shaped like bunnies.
Valerie: Uh…ok! (Star and Tucker join Valerie)
Tucker: You know, something seems off about her.
Valerie: Yeah, we noticed too.
Star: Aside from the downsizing of frequent admirers, she’s been keeping to herself.
Tucker: I find it hard to believe someone like her can’t sustain themselves without a certain amount of attention.
Valerie: Stranger things have happened.

(Mr. Lancer and York addresses everyone.)

Lancer: Alright students, I know it’s been a long flight, and let’s face it, 10 hours nonstop on a jumbo jet will frazzle everyone’s nerves, but we’re finally in Japan.
York: We’ll be arriving at our dormitory in a few hours and after that, dinner. Then, tomorrow we’ll all be starting our first day at Seimei High.
Dash: Aw man, couldn’t it wait?
Kwan: Relax man, it won’t be the end of the world.
Dash: True, but I am unbelievably tired righ---(Dash dozes off on his feet)
York: That boy has some serious jet lag issues. (Danny and Sam look on.)
Sam: I see one definite benefit from a 10 hour flight.
Danny: Too bad it can’t last the entire month. And you should have heard some of the stories my parents told me. They have a far livelier life than they let on.
Sam: Somehow, that doesn’t surprise me. There’s quite a lot we don’t know about your parents. Wonder if their fraternity days are the stuff of legends.
Danny: Sorry to disappoint you but that is a dead end right there. Dad’s fraternity kind of kicked him out after ‘The Toga Goat’ incident.
Sam: Do tell. You know, maybe we’ll learn more from your mom’s sensei.
Danny: I was hoping to talk to him about that too.
Sam: Now, maybe it’s me, but we seemed to have an extra student.
Danny: What, Dani? York had to bring her, no choice.
Sam: Actually, I was talking about the kid with her. (Sam points out a student with long brown hair cut shoulder length and with freckles standing next to her.) Didn’t notice him before.
Danny: Me neither.
Dani: Uh oh, Danny’s got the suspicious look in his eyes (Dani turns to the young man next to her.) So, Youngblood, how are you holding up?
Youngblood: This is…weird. And I can’t believe he was able to do this.
Dani: It’s not like we have access to spare bodies for people to use.
Youngblood: Oh believe me, corpse possession is worse than it sounds. And man is it cold!
Dani: I heard Japanese winters were cold, but this is ridiculous!
Youngblood: Makes me wonder what the summer is like.
Jack: Ok kids, grab your gear and get on the bus! We’re hitting the road!

(On board the bus.)

Kwan: What’s that you got?
Dash: A guide to the ultimate obstacle course in the history of manliness!
Kwan: You mean the 5th period lunch rush?
Dash: No, I mean Sasuke!
Kwan: Ah, you must mean Ninja Warrior. Dude that show is off the hook!
Dash: Totally, and I will be competing on it!
Kwan: Say what? Dude, are you telling me…holy crap, I hope you’re insured!
Dash: Don’t worry about me! Testlaff is gonna be training me to get ready for the course.
Kwan: Wow, good luck. I’m just surprised York was ok with it.
Dash: It helps if a teacher is also running the obstacle course too. Testlaff made a little bet with him.
York’s Voice: ok class, while we’re on the road, let me entertain you with some genuine Japanese music.
Dash: Oh great, wonder if it’ll be all drums and geishas.

(A slamming series of guitar chords fill the loudspeakers.)

Dash: Or not.
Paulina: Gah, what is THAT?
Kwan: Cool! I didn’t know he was into MAXIMUM THE HORMONE!
Tucker: Sweet!

(A few of the students start banging their heads in unison as Danny, Sam and Valerie talk.)

Valerie: We shall assume a nice quiet ride is out of the question.
Danny: It’ll get more bizarre when he puts on his T.M. Revolution play list.
Sam: And you guys get on me for my music tastes! Anyway, I tried to do a little research on Yuurei no Machi before we got here. Far as I can tell, all the stuff about it being a hot spot for supernatural activity pans out. The odd thing though is that no real noticeable incidents get brought into attention.
Danny: Yeah, my parents did mention that the locals employ their own task force to handle the supernatural threats. Mom’s sensei seems to head up that division.
Sam: You mean Hamato? What about him, you learn anything?
Valerie: Gennosuke Hamato, 50th head of the Hamato Clan and the current master of the Hamato-ryu school of martial arts. They are reported to not only have extensive knowledge of various forms of martial arts but mystical arts as well. They’re also rumored to be part of a secret branch within the Japanese secret service.
Sam: Wow, you are good.
Valerie: I have a very reliable source. I wonder what the other kids are like.
Danny: Me too.
Sam: Oh, they’re probably like any other teens we know.

(Meanwhile, in a location a few miles from the dormitory, we come across a growing incident near a vending machine area with various drinks. On one end are various assorted tough guys, a couple with pompadour haircuts. Their leader is a towering hulk of a kid, standing in at around 6’5” with dyed blonde hair and a scar over his left eye. The gang is confronting 3 students on the other end: one is a girl about exactly 5 feet in height with long black hair tied in a ponytail, carrying a backpack on one shoulder, who the gang leader is facing. Her first companion is a young man, around 6 feet, with short brown hair, carrying a black case slung over his shoulder. Their other companion is a girl, slightly taller than the first girl with shoulder length hair and round rimmed glasses. Hanging around her neck is an arrowhead on a chain and in her hands is a dusty old book. The lead girl is looking at a vending machine.)

Gang Leader: So, Yuriko Tachibana, here you are! We got some business to discuss!
Yuriko: Yeah, sure, give me a minute here I’m thirsty. Hiroshi, Rei, see what the scarred one here wants!
Hiroshi: Now now, Goro, surely we don’t need to go to any drastic measures.
Goro: Zip it, shrine boy! This is a matter of honor!
Yuriko: Now let’s see, green tea? No, had it with my sandwich at lunch. Apple juice? No not in a apple mood…
Rei: A matter of honor? You were shaking the kid down!
Goro: Says you! We were merely collecting some money we were owed! Money he had promised us in exchange for protection from the local crime element!
Rei: I believe that counts as extortion.
Hiroshi: Oh I agree. This is something I find most unpleasant.
Yuriko: Coffee…meh. Broccoli juice? I’d rather have my heart pierced by a lance, thank you much! Ah, grape! (Goro goes nose to nose with Hiroshi.)
Goro: Cut the crap kid! I know it was you who was the one that put one of my boys in the hospital, so I figure you and I need to have a heart to heart about that.
Hiroshi: Goro, I am a man of peace, but even I will defend myself if I feel provoked. As for who put your lackey in the hospital…
Yuriko: Damn it, I’m short 500 yen! Rei, I’m gonna need you to do me a favor in about 5 minutes.
Rei: Oh no.

(To the shock of the gang, Yuriko punches a hole into the vending machine, extracting a can of grape juice, opens it and takes a swig before turning to confront Goro.)

Yuriko: Ok, let’s get down to business!
Goro: Holy SHIT!!
Yuriko: You’re new here right? They call you Iron Goro, the toughest kid in the 3rd years’ class. I also heard that you have a very interesting extortion racket going on. You have one of your old buddies from your stomping grounds come up here and harass the local kids, then you come in and provide ‘protection’. I have to say if it wasn’t so stupid it would be ingenious.
Goro: Am I the only one freaking out now because of the hole she punched into the vending machine?
Hiroshi: She has that effect on people.
Yuriko: The problem here is that I don’t like bullies. In fact, I really can’t stand them, so I have a nasty little habit of letting them know just how I feel about it. Since you tried to impose your will out here, I decided to respond in kind.
Goro: You broke both his arms! (At this point, a large rotund gang member with a purple Mohawk steps forward and approaches Yuriko.)
Gang Member: Yo boss, don’t let the shrimp here intimidate you! So she punched a hole in the machine, big deal!
Yuriko: SHRIMP?
Gang Member: Now see here gal, if you’re wise you better—

(Before he can finish his sentence, Yuriko punches him. The force sends him flying into the side of a steel gate.)

Yuriko: Now then…who’s next? (All of the gang members flee.)
Hiroshi: I really wish you would pull your punches with these folks.
Yuriko: Sorry, I know, I need to keep my strength in check.
Rei: Yes, the sooner you do that, the less time I spend repairing anything you destroy. (Rei puts a hand on the vending machine. Instantly, the machine is mended.) I could make a killing on appliance repair if my magic worked like that.
Hiroshi: Sensei won’t like this one bit.
Yuriko: That’s putting it mildly. So what’s on tap for tomorrow?
Rei: Well, I think we’re supposed to be hosting some American students in the school starting tomorrow. Or not, I didn’t get all the details.
Hiroshi: I think if you spent less time reading up on Sumerian architecture you’d miss out on fewer details. We are getting visitors from the city of Amity Park. They’ll be here until the beginning of March.
Yuriko: American students, huh? Sounds interesting!
Hiroshi: And one of the teachers is a former student of your sensei.
Yuriko: No kidding? Now I really am interested!

(A short time later, Yuriko arrives at her house.)

Yuriko: Hey, I’m home! What’s on the table for—
???: TACHIBANA THRUST KICK!!!

(Yuriko raises her guard as she fends off a rising thrust kick aimed at her hea by a young boy, age 11, wearing a black headscarf and sporting a blue gi.)

Boy: I applaud you dear sister, you blocked my 5th most powerful kick quite well!
Yuriko: DAMN IT DAIGO!!! I just put one dumbass in the hospital do you want to join him? (Yuriko begins an exchange of punches and kicks with Daigo.)
Daigo: Oh, so the slayer of bullies strikes again! You’ll never get a girlfriend with that kind of attitude!
Yuriko: Says you! And for the record, you should never announce an attack like that, even if I can see it coming a mile away! (A woman with short hair and glasses peeks out from a doorway.)
Woman: Kids, dinner will be ready soon, please wash up! (The woman walks into the dining room where her husband, a man with long hair in a white shirt, and black pants, is busy at the table on a laptop.) Hon, we really need to do something about Daigo sometimes.
Mr. Tachibana: Yes, that impulsive nature of his, believe me, it’s probably from my side of the family. Of course, his surprise attacks have yet to work.
Mrs. Tachibana: I’ll be more worried about what will happen if they do work.
Mr. Tachibana: Anyway, I got a notice today from Yuriko’s school. It looks like starting tomorrow the class from Amity Park will begin their studies there.
Mrs. Tachibana: Oh is that right? I hope Yuriko and the others get along well with them. (Yuriko and a winded Daigo enter the room and sit at the table.)
Yuriko: I’m sure we’ll get along well.
Daigo: Hey is it true? Is one of sensei’s students a teacher of that class?
Yuriko: Yeah, that’s what I heard. Name’s Altair York I think.
Mr. Tachibana: Hard to believe my wife’s sparring partner grew up to be a billionaire and a teacher too.
Mrs. Tachibana: Actually, I sparred more with his American friend, Maddie, than him. I hope he drops by for a visit.

(Meanwhile the class has arrived at the dormitory. All the students gather at the bulliten board reading their room assignments)


Sam: This is unusual.
Valerie: You mean the room assignments?
Sam: Not really, but it’s something I can work with. But I kind of figured it would be you and me sharing a room, or me and Dani. But I’m sharing a room with Star.
Star: Eh, you’ll live. Just promise me you don’t snore.
Sam: It’s not me you should be worried about. (Sam points to her necklace and winks.)
Valerie: I sure hope Paulina isn’t the secret snore machine. (Paulina walks in.)
Paulina: Trust me, I’m a quiet sleeper. I just hope Sam here doesn’t drive poor Star insane with her Goth lullabies.
Sam: Hardy har har. (Maddie and Jack look over the dormitory’s floor plans.)
Maddie: Ohh, rec room, a pool, gym, weight room, AV lounge, dining room, it seems they have a nice setup.
Jack: Man, I wish we had something as sweet as this back home.
Maddie: We did dear, it was called college.
Jack: Oh right, how easily I forget the good ol’ days! (York and Lancer join the two.)
Lancer: Well, once again, thank you two for volunteering to aid us with this trip.
Maddie: Oh, it’s our pleasure!
York: I was surprised when they told me that the two of you were actually qualified to teach courses.
Maddie: Yes, I was asked to help with the sciences class while Jack handles engineering and paranormal studies.
Lancer: Paranormal studies. Picture of Dorian Grey, this is an odd school. I still can’t believe Testlaff baited you into taking that challenge too.
York: Ah, well I was always curious about that show myself. Italso helps to make sure that Dash will not be tempted to fall into certain old habits while he’s here.
Maddie: I’m more worried about what that course will do to the Baxter kid.
Jack: I’m not!
Lancer: Not surprised about that. Oh, that reminds me, we’re missing a few vital ingredients for the kitchen. I was hoping to make some chicken katsu.
York: You seem very verse at cooking.
Lancer: A single man has hobbies.
Maddie: No worries.
Jack: We sent Danny, Tucker and the new kid to the local store with York’s shopping list. They’ll be back soon. But what is chicken katsu?
York: Ah, let me explain…

(At the local store, Danny, along with Tucker and Youngblood, gather assorted food items.)

Youngblood: Wow, curry flavored ramen! I got to give this stuff a try.
Tucker: Do you think that’s a good idea? I can’t wrap my head around the concept of any noodle flavored something other than meat.
Youngblood: Oh come on, there’s a whole variety here waiting to be eaten. We got chicken, dried seaweed, beef, miso, vegetable..
Tucker: I’ll pass on the last choice.
Danny: I think we’re covered on the ramen section, and we just about have enough rice. I’m still surprised at what York has done.
Tucker: Yeah, that artificial body was a stroke of genius. But I thought that ghosts can find ways to pass themselves off as human.
Youngblood: Can’t be helped. It takes an extraordinary amount of concentration for a ghost to maintain human form, as well as a lot of energy. Ikind of suck in the concentration department, so the professor figured one of Spectra’s old ideas would work. The tradeoff is that my ghost powers are reduced but I can’t be detected.
Danny: That should come in handy. Well, this should do it for the shopping. Too bad we can’t just sneak out tonight and get a lok around the town.
Youngblood: Me too. I am a bit curious about these ‘love hotels’ I keep on hearing about.
Tucker: Uh, what’s keeping you guys from sneaking out and taking a look anyway?
Danny: Besides the studying and training, nothing much.
Youngblood: Besides, with all the stuff I hear about this town, it could be tricky going out there and not be targeted by a local hunter or medium. Wow, look at that, they even have Dragon Ball Z curry packs!

(The trio step outside of the store, when a blue wisp of vapor escapes from Danny’s mouth.)

Danny: Oh great, we barely got out of the store and something wicked this way comes.
Tucker: Maybe if we are lucky, we’ll get a Box Ghost level spirit.

(The front doors to a bakery are blown off their hinges as a glowing suit of samurai armor walks out, wielding a flaming black katana in one hand. The suit proceeds to attack random people.)

Tucker: So much for hope. Danny, this would be a real good idea to go ghost!
Danny: Normally, it would be, But I’ve got a better idea. Watch the bags! (Danny rushes over to the area where the armor is, pulling out the Fenton Blade from his pockets.)
Tucker: Wait, is he nuts?
Youngblood: Yeah, but he’s got no choice. The professor told him not to use his powers unless he was with him or it was an extreme emergency!
Tucker: A haunted suit of armor is an extreme emergency in my book!

(As the samurai armor raises it’s katana to attack a couple, Danny activates the Fenton Blade and intercepts the swing.)

Danny: Hey now, I think Bushido looks down on you guys doing stuff like this!
Armor: Huh, who are you?
Danny: A friendly tourist from America dropping in to say hi!
Armor: I will be sure to send you home in a box!
Danny: Not the first time I’ve heard that!

(The Armor raises it’s sword and goes for a downward slash at Danny’s head, but Danny blocks it quickly and tries to slash the Armor across it’s chest. Reacting quickly, it avoids the attack by leaping backwards, as well as the lunging thrust aimed at the helmet and the various sword swings Danny unloads.)

Armor: You are fast human!
Danny: I have a very good teacher!
Armor: Sadly, he will be one student short!

(The Armor glows brighter before launching an attack of its own. Danny is now on the defensive as he parries and blocks a various array of slashes and stabs. At one point the armor shifts it’s grip on the katana handle and makes an upwards one handed swing at Danny, who counters with a downwards slash of his own.)

Danny: Whoa, didn’t know you could do that!
Armor: You should focus on what my other hand is doing! (A tanto blade materializes.) Farewell, gaijin!

(The Armor makes a stabbing motion but as Danny is about to react, it is intercepted by a kodachi blade. Standing besides Danny is Yuriko, who is dressed in a blue gi and pants with a black mesh shirt underneath and black tabi boots. She has on a pair of fingerless gloves and in one hand is the kodachi sword while in the other is a kunai dagger.)

Yuriko: Now now, this is not how we treat visitors! (In one motion, she swings the kunai, taking off the hand with the tanto blade at the wrist.)
Armor: ARRGGHHH!!! DAMN YOU!!!
Danny: Temper temper! (Danny slashes the Armor across the chest, cutting deep, before hoisting the Fenton Blade high and making a swift horizontal swing, beheading it. Yuriko pulls out a piece of yellow paper from her pouch and places it on the chest plate.)
Yuriko: Gotcha! (The paper glows brightly and all of the ghostly light emanating from the Armor and it’s sword is sucked into it before the paper burns away. The suit falls down, completely exorcised.) That was a piece of cake.
Danny: Whoa! Are you a—
Yuriko: Yeah, I’m a ninja. I know, we’re supposed to be all stealthy, but it can’t be helped. That was some real nice sword work there!
Danny: Yeah, well I try not to make it a habit of doing this! This kind of ghost is different.
Yuriko: That was a Level 4 yokai. Those types tend to manifest themselves in ancient relics and stay in there unless someone disturbs them. I was on my way here to deal with this one, but you seem to have done most of the hard stuff for me.
Danny: Oh, sorry, I try not to get in the way.
Yuriko: Don’t worry ‘bout it. I gotta run, my patrol for the night’s just begun! (Yuriko bows, then leaps off into the shadows.)
Danny: That went well. (Tucker and Youngblood join him.)
Youngblood: Dud wicked! You should have seen yourself! It was right out of an anime!
Tucker: I’m so putting this on Youtube!

(Sometime later, the three enter the dormitory.)

Youngblood: A real honest to goodness ninja! That was quick.
Tucker: Not only that, you successfully tested an invention of your dads!
Danny: I have to admit it is a pretty sweet invention. But I don’t want to draw too much attention to myself. It’s not like we came here to Japan to hunt down ghosts!
Tucker: Nah, I don’t think that the locals will make too much of a bg deal out of it. Wonder where everyone is?
Danny: I’m guessing they’re in the AV room, trying out some karaoke.

(The three enter the AV room and find a unexpected sight: just about everyone, including his parents are watching the local news, which feature Danny’s fight with the haunted suit of armor.)

Danny: So much for the low profile.
Tucker: You know what this means?
Youngblood: Yeah, this is already on Youtube!

(Everyone turns to see the three. Danny nervously laughs and holds up one of the bags.)

Danny: You know, a funny thing happened while we were at the store.

(Before Danny knows what’s going on, he is barraged with cheers, pats on the back and a lot of questions.)

Jack: My son…that was so AWESOME!
Testlaff: When the hell has he ever been capable of doing THAT?
York: Geez, I kind of figured he’d learn a bit, but I never dreamed he would progress so well!
Lancer: This means, of course, your martial arts class membership will double!
York: Tell me about it!
Maddie: I hope no one minds if I taped that news report!. Purely for archival purposes!

(Later, in Sam’s room, Sam watches the footage of the battle from her laptop as Ember and Star look on.)

Ember: Hey, that’s the 5th time you watched Baby Pop take the guy’s head off!
Star: You’re being a bit obsessive about it!
Sam: I’m not obsessive. I’m just concerned. Who was that ninja girl?
Ember: Ok, you’re not obsessive. You’re jealous.
Sam: I am SO not jealous!
Star: Then explain that. (Star points out all of the snapped pencils near Sam’s left hand.)
Sam: A reflex action from all the intense battling!
Ember: Yeah, right. Come on, let’s see what the Japanese telly is like! (Ember switches the TV on.) Wow.
Sam: Is it me or did I just see a pint of blood erupt from that guy’s face from one punch?
Star: This is mild. You should see what they won’t put in television here.

(At the Hamato dojo, Master Hamato watches the evening news.)

Hamato: Ah, Danny Fenton, what an intresting display. (A woman in a kitsune mask appears before Hamato.)
Woman: Sensei, York sends his regards, as well as a letter for you. (The woman hands over a large manila envelope to Hamato.)
Hamato: Ah, he does not waste time. He and Maddie must be dying to know why I arranged all of this. (Hamato opens the envelope and removes the contents.) Interesting class he has…urgent matter regarding the Wraiths.
Woman: Wraiths, sir?
Hamato: Yes, it is something I’ll brief you on later. For now you, Yuriko and the others should get to know these people. (Hamato hands over the class roster to the woman.)
Woman: As you wish. Well, this is interesting!
Hamato: Yes?
Woman: One of these students here…I was her teacher.

(End of Verse 5!)


Welcome back to the madness that is Filler Spotlight Theater!

Dani: Hey folks! We’re back and if you’re wondering what he’s been up to…

(Dani points to me standing in the middle of a field, dressed in a Shinsengumi outfit.)

Dani: …don’t.
Me: In getting prepared for the new story arc, I researched a lot on Japanese legend, school customs and other stuff. Doing so gave me many a brain fart. Then it goty worse.
Dani: Oh no…you tried to make sense of End of Evangelion and the pure insanity drove you into the hills.
Me: No…never again. But I got too wrapped up in details and Smash Bros. Brawl too. Point is, I goofed off somewhat so I literally worked in all night sessions to get this out! Hope you all like this story arc!
Dani: Ok, but why are we out here?
Me: Well, Avatar is off the air now and the gang has been busy working with me on various projects, like the Avatar Aang vs. Bankai Ichigo match we hosted (which Ichigo won BTW). Some of the DP crew wanted in on the action too, so they suggested this match right now. (DarkDP wanders in.)
DarkDP: I thought you had something to do with this. (Dark points to a frantic Box Ghost running towards Dani.)
Box Ghost: Save me, SAVE ME!!!
Dani: From what? (From behind, Box Ghost is launched into the air by Ururu’s fist.) Oh. Never mind.
Ururu: Pardon me. (Ururu runs off in pursuit.)
Me: Right. We are now hosting a foot race! Your participants are Azula and, using a gigai to be fair, Soifon! (Soifon and Azula appear.)
Azula: A foot race? This is so beneath me.
Soifon: Even if I felt like it, this kind of seems tame, given this is your creation.
Dani: Oh, this is no ordinary foot race. The name of the game is ‘Pursuit’.
Azula: Ok, my interest is growing. Tell me more.
Me: The object is to catch the guy we’ll be sending out, called ‘prey’, and to retrieve the item he has. Whoever catches him and brings the item back wins!
Soifo: That sounds reasonable.
DarkDP: Ladies, here is the prey! (DarkDP points to Sokka.)
Sokka: Wait, this isn’t the All You Can Eat Steak a Thon!
Dani: Ladies, you’ll note that Sokka has an autographed picture of Yoruichi Shihon! Bring it back and you win!
Soifon: Did you say an autographed picture of Yoruichi-sama? (Soifon looks right at me.)
Azula: And what do we get if we win?
Me: Pretty much anything I can reasonably and legally get for you.
Azula: Anything you say? That has…potential. (Azula eyes Sokka.)
Soifon: I assume you can get me much more Yoruichi related material if I take part.
Sokka: This is not good.
Dani: I suggest you start running. Like now.

(Sokka blinks, then runs as fast as his legs can carry him as Azula and Soifon give chase.)

Me: This will not end well.
DarkDP: No, it probably won’t. (Anita appears.)
Anita: Ah, hosting another one of your contests. That would explain it.
Me: Explain what?
Anita: Those 3. (Anita points to Suki, Ty Lee and Kon also in pursuit of Sokka.)
Ty Lee: NO FAIR AZULA I SAW SOKKA FIRST!
Suki: SOKKA’S MINE DAMN IT!!! HE WAS WITH ME IN THE FREAKING SERIES FINALE!!
Kon: GET BACK HERE DAMN YOU!!!
Dani: The girls I can understand, but why Kon?
Anita: He just wants this maniac to give him all the Rangiku calendars and pinup posters he made.
Me: Uh, I can explain. (Anita smacks me on the head with a paper fan.) You need to watch less Saiyuki.
Anita: And I thought the Shipping Wars were bad.

In the next chapter, Danny and his class gets acquainted with the Japanese school system, Sam and Hiroshi have a interesting meeting, Rei’s brother makes an appearance, we find out what happened in the year that Dani spent on the road and more about Maddie and York gets uncovered. Did we mention that Danny Fenton becomes more popular?


Theme Songs For The Eastern Venture, Part 1:

‘Rokkinpo Goroshi’- MAXIMUM THE HORMONE
‘Don’t Wanna Be’- Spinwake
Sign up to rate and review this story