Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Teach Me How to Love Again

It' Not That Simple

by lalalovexjeje 7 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-01-01 - Updated: 2009-01-02 - 890 words

0Unrated
Chapter Fourteen
It’s Not That Simple

For some reason he couldn’t stop thinking about her, he couldn’t get her out of his mind. He tried everything. From busying himself with work to hang out with friends. Nothing worked, because even though he had just met her he couldn’t stop thinking about her. Which was very unlike Gerard. He wasn’t the type of person to just fall for a girl he doesn’t even really know. Heck, the last date he went on he ended up just sitting there in the restaurant drawing a dragon on a napkin, while his date tried to have a decent conversation with him. He just got nervous; not knowing what to say. I mean he didn’t want to make a fool of himself. He didn’t want to seem like some dork that he actually was. But with Cali it was different. She was so easy to talk to; he didn’t get nervous or even scared. He was comfortable with her. He could talk for hours with her and not be embarrassed, which he did.
Cali on the other hand didn’t know how she felt. She was scared and nervous. She just wanted to let it go, to forget. She didn’t want to think of it more than it already was; I mean it was a simple gesture. That's it right, doing a favor for a friend. I mean he was just being a nice guy right? I mean he wouldn’t want t to date a girl like her. She was damaged goods. She didn’t have anything to offer him. I mean all that she had to offer she gave to… Adam. God was that painful to think about. In a way Cali blames herself more than him. I mean she fell so hard for him and trusted him so easily. She swore to herself that she would never allow another man to do that to her. Not after all that she’s been through. I mean she wasn’t even completely over Adam. But what is she thinking about anyway, I mean he was just being nice right. He didn’t want to date her. Nobody did. At least that’s what she thought.

“So are you going to tell me what you and Gerard actually did that night” Frank said entering the apartment and setting his keys down.

“What are you talking about” I asked looking up from my book.

“Stop the games you have that man wrapped around your little finger ” he said joining her on the couch.

“What” I said completely confused. “do you know how absurd that sounds. We talked for all of, what a day?”

“Exactly what I’m saying” Frank said, “so what did you really do”.

“I already told you we went to a diner and talked” I replied.

“Well I’m telling you right now going to a diner and talking doesn’t give you those sick smile that people have that they cant wipe of there face. It doesn’t have people dazing off and dreaming in la la land. A conversation at a diner doesn’t have someone become annoyingly happy. A conversation at a din-“.

“Okay Frank I get it, but its not me who made him this all happy dappy. Maybe it was some-“

“No” Frank cut me off already know what I was going to say, “Gerard doesn’t meet girls and he doesn’t get this kind of happy over nothing”.

“Well maybe it something else” I suggested still not believing him.

“No it started the day after you guys talked at the diner. So I know it has do something with you”.

“Frank it doesn’t always have to do with sex you know” I replied going back to my book.

“Plus he asked for your number” Derek said looking down at his nails.

“What” I said dropping my book on the table beside the couch, looking at Frank giving him my full attention.

“Yep. Exactly what I said”.

“Well what did you say?” I asked irritated.

“I said 587-345-7898” he replied nonchalantly.

I didn’t know what to say. I mean he gave him my number. So I just ignored him. I mean how could he without confronting me first. I mean what if I didn’t want to talk to Gerard? Even though I did. What if I had a horrible time? Which I didn’t, but still he can’t just do that.
A few minutes of silence went by until Frank gave up, “Cali you are being ridiculous. I gave him your number because I figured your evening with him went well, and judging by your smile when you walked in the door it went great. And he wanted your number and figured if any two people deserve each other its you and Gerard” he finished exasperatedly.

“I’m not ready” I softly.

“Cali, when are you going to let it go? It’s been over almost a year. Let it go” he said softly.

I looked at him with tears in my eyes and said just above a whisper, “I can’t”.

“Well you should” Frank shouted and got up and left, slamming the door of the apartment as he walked out.
Sign up to rate and review this story