Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Teach Me How to Love Again

Coffee Shop

by lalalovexjeje 2 reviews

Thank you to all that reviewed! I really appreciated it, and to show my appreciation I'm updating! lol. xoxo

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-01-05 - Updated: 2009-01-06 - 1133 words

0Unrated
Chapter 15
Coffee Shop


Frank hadn’t been home since that night, it’s been about two day and I was starting to worry when the phone finally rang.

“Frank” I answered.

“No, try Gerard”.

“I’m sorry Gerard. I thought you might be Frank he hasn’t been home for a couple days and I’m starting to get really worried” I groaned.

“He hasn’t called you” he said sounding surprised.

“No” I sighed, “Have you seen him?”

“No, but I know he was staying the night at Ray’s last night”.

“Huh, what is his problem? I mean, I’ve been freaking out. I stayed up all night waiting for him to come through the door. I was on the verge almost calling the cops. uurrgh” I complained to Gerard.

“I’m sorry Gerard,” I said realizing I had been yelling at him.

“No its fine, don’t worry about it. Look why don’t I come pick you and we could go out for some coffee. You’re obviously freaking out and I’m not doing anything”.

I thought for moment. It was only coffee, I mean not much harm can be done by having a cup of coffee and I could really go for some company right now, “Alright”.

“Well then, I’ll pick you up in about an hour”.

“Sounds good” I replied.

“See you soon”.

After hanging up the phone, I ran to the bathroom and looked at my hair. It wasn’t too bad, but I decide to clean up a little and maybe straighten it a tad bit. I then proceeded to go into my closet and try and find something to wear. I went through everything and seemingly couldn’t find anything. I finally however settled on a pair of black skinny jeans and a black lace top that had a v-neck line, along with black satin flats. I was applying my makeup on when there was a knock at the door.

“Come in” I yelled knowing it was Gerard.

The door opened, “make yourself comfortable I’m going to be about ten minutes”.

“Alright” I heard him reply.

I brushed through my hair and applied some lip-gloss. I looked myself in the mirror a couple of times, giving myself a sigh, but finally satisfied.

I walked into living room and Gerard was sitting in Frank’s brown leather recliner with his back to me looking at a magazine. My breathing seemed to have stopped and butterflies launched in my stomach. Somehow he made me fall apart whenever I was around him, when usually I was very together. He made feel like I wanted to put down my guard that was so well held up. When I realized I had just been standing there I came into his view.

“Hey” he said smiling getting out of the chair.

“Hi” I replied back shyly.

We stared at each other for a moment, not knowing what to say, appearing to have been caught in each other. Finally however, I looked down smiling and blushing to myself.

“Ready” he asked

I smiled up at him, “Yah”.

The car ride was silent on the way there, but enjoyable. He took me to this little café that was hardly noticeable on 2nd street. It was hidden behind bigger and more flasher restaurants and shops, but as it came into view it looked amazing, the atmosphere was homey with couches and lounge chairs everywhere and on the side opposite of the cash register was a stage.

“I go here when I need to think or get inspiration,” he whispered in my ear.

I smiled, we grabbed our coffees after vigorously fighting over who would pay and he won, but only with the sole promise that I would pay next time.
We sat on a couch near the stage and chatted away. We never ran out of things to say, it was comforting and through all this shit with Frank, I was finally starting to let it go. He made me smile and laugh so much. I enjoyed being with him. He had a way of making me forget.
The lights however dimmed down and a man with an acoustic guitar came into view. He sat down on the stool that was in the center of the stage and adjusted his microphone. Then he started to play a soft melody that was both soothing and soft.

I think that possibly, maybe I'm falling for you.
Yes there's a chance that I've fallen quite hard over you.
I've seen the paths that your eyes wander down,
I want to come too.
I think that possibly, maybe I'm falling for you

No one understands me, quite like you do,
Through all of the shadowy corners of me.

And as the words began to seep into me, they started to lace themselves through my heart. Was I?

I never knew just what it was about this old coffee shop
I love so much.
All of the while, I never knew.
I never knew just what it was about this old coffee shop
I love so much.
All of the while, I never knew.

Was I falling for Gerard? All logic told me no, I wasn’t ready for this. I wasn’t ready to be with someone, to let myself go… again…

I think that possibly, maybe I'm falling for you.
Yes there's a chance that I've fallen quite hard over you.
I've seen the waters that make your eyes shine,
Now I'm shining too.

But my heart, was telling me differently.

Because, oh because,
I've fallen quite hard over you.

Maybe I am ready, maybe Frank was right. I should maybe, just maybe…

If I didn't know you, I'd rather not know.
If I couldn't have you, I'd rather be alone.

And as I looked over at Gerard I smiled. I think I am …

I never knew just what it was about this old coffee shop
I love so much.
All of the while, I never knew.
I never knew just what it was about this old coffee shop
I love so much.
All of the while, I never knew.

I was falling for him, maybe not in love but something was there. Something I couldn’t put my fingers quite on.

All of the while, all of the while,
And it's you.

As I looked over at him again, he caught my eyes, and smiled, reaching his hands across the table to place over mine. My throat seemed to have launched into my stomach, which was tied in knots. I felt like I was going to be sick and for the first time in a long time I felt something. My heart was beating and for once it wasn’t for him.
Sign up to rate and review this story