Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Of Wolves And Roses

Chapter Zero: Special OneShot

by siyo 0 reviews

This DOES NOT ACTUALLY FIT INTO THE PLOT OF NARUTO OR OF WOLVES AND ROSES! This was just 'cause.

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Naruto,Sasuke - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-01-03 - Updated: 2009-01-03 - 1979 words

0Unrated
Of Wolves And Roses

Chapter 00: Special One Shot:

Hate For Those Who Spread Hatred, Death For Those Who Kill.

“People shouldn’t fear their government; a government should fear its people.”

- V, in V for Vendetta

The sounds of his boots thumping against the flour echoed through the corridor, mixing roughly with the sounds of the intrusion alarms that were shrieking away overhead. There were a good 50 bodies in the foyer, 20 in the hall to the elevators, 75 in the staircase and about 15 in the hallway that the intruder was walking through. He held his weapon, a pulse pistol, raised up to the right side of his face, which was concealed in shadows.

Guards rushed around the corner and they were cut down by the pulse rounds. This new, almost cutting edge technology made fitting fifty rounds into a gun that could only carry ten 9-mm rounds, much easier. This, in turn, made the intruder’s progress seem almost like child’s play. After all, these guards were SUPPOSED to be the best in the business. Unfortunately for these “professionals,” they where facing the best runner-slash-assassin the world had ever seen.

The intruder could easily have done this mission without having to kill more than one person, but the objective of these massacres was to remind the people that they could not trust these monsters to save them from anything, and that it was these monsters who were the true danger to them.

This all started back when the “Final Ninja War” broke out and the Akutski was finally eradicated. The village of Konoha, which was under Sasuke Uchiha’s rule after the murder of the sixth Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki, took the opportunity and seized control of the ninja world. This could not have been done however if it had not been for the help of a certain Yuiy. His name was 5. He was artificially created from the DNA of all four of the Yuiy clan that had fought Pein. Shortly afterwards they picked a fight with the nations that had not been in the war. And slowly, but surely, they took them as well.

But as is usually the case with evil villains 5 soon took power by removing the head of Sasuke Uchiha in a battle in the center of Konoha. It wasn’t so much a battle, as someone being made an example of. The genetically enhanced soldier killed one of the world’s strongest ninja without even breaking a sweat. He didn’t use any jutsu or even a weapon. He took Sasuke Uchiha’s head… with his bare hands. After that he confronted and killed one of the two remaining Yuiy’s. Senra Yuiy, also known as the Desert Rose. His son however, who was one of the few surviving Akutski members, ran and formed an alliance with “The Rouge Clans,” a group of Anti-Konoha fanatics comprised primarily of remnants from the non-ninja countries’ armies. This was when things started to turn around. The lone Yuiy survivor had a child, a daughter and she was betrothed to a former soldier.

Things went well, the army attacked a few outposts and got a good stock of weapons, but they got too confident and thought they could destroy the entire Konoha Empire by themselves. They were soon cut to ribbons however. And soon only about thirty of the original Rouge Clan survived, including Kyo Yuiy, the mute Akutski member, and his grandson. Almost half of the members left, they no longer had the heart to fight. So the clans did nothing for several years. They let Konoha calm down and drop their guard. That was when things fell into the ninth layer of hell. When they finally made their move, “The Clan” was entirely wiped out with only a lone survivor, Kyo Yuiy’s grand son. This individual, the only person in the entire world who still used chakra rather than nanobots to do ninjutsu. He became known as many things, “The Konoha Terror”, “Psycho”, “The Bloody Shadows” and his own personal favorite “Nightmare.”

“This is Morgue, come in Nightmare.” A voice squawked into Nightmare’s ear.

“Nightmare here, what’s up Morgue?” The intruder, code named Nightmare, replied.

“We’ve got enemy back up comin’ your way, e.t.a. …’bout thirty minutes, out.”

“Rodger, over and out. Go to radio silence, I don’t want them knowing my steps when I take them.” Nightmare replied before turning off his radio. He came across the chairman’s office and dispatched the two guards on either side of the door and stopped. Placing his hand into a hand seal, he called upon his natural gift. ‘Dragon’s Eyes!’ He took a look inside the door, and knew immediately that a direct entrance was not possible. There was about fifteen armed soldiers on the other side, not to mention a high amount of traps, one of which including a particle cannon, a weapon capable of cutting anything it shot at.

He sighed and pulled out a small device, no bigger than an old mp3 player. This was an integrator, his best tool as far as he was concerned. It allowed him to hack into anything that had an electric current running to it. He used it to shut off the lights and traps in the room ahead.

Nightmare smiled. The smile so many saw before they died. It told every one who saw it exactly what he did to survive. He slid the pistol back into its holster, on the right side of his hip, and pulled his favorite weapon off his back. At first glance it was just a black staff, but when he put his chakra into it and said, “Awaken… Death’s Handmaiden.” two blades appeared on the end of the staff. All thought the staff itself was black as death the blades were incredibly bright and shiny, they reflected even the weakest source of light.

Nightmare approached the wall next to the door at the end of the hall. He almost laughed maniacally as he formed the sheep hand seal with only his left hand and whispered, “Vanishing Wall no jutsu.” With that he walked through the wall and brought the Death’s Handmaiden down on the first five, unsuspecting guards. When the others saw the glint and the blood, they opened fire before the first victims could even scream. Nightmare however was already out of the line of fire and was behind his next three victims. He slashed open the chests of two of the three guards near him. At the end of the weapons arc; he released his grip on the handle and allowed it to stab into the ground. The assassin moved with an unparalleled skill as he seized the third mans neck with his left arm and pulled his side arm free and aimed it in his comrade’s direction. He fired three burst of three rounds killing only four people. The guards however had an unfair advantage, the fired in the direction of the muzzle flashes. But again they were seconds too slow to kill “The Nightmare.”

He grabbed his scythe and jumped back to dodge the shots from the chairman’s pistol. ‘He’s using a projectile gun… there air pressure points to a .45 caliber, meaning he only had seven shots to begin with.’ Nightmare thought as he brought his blades through two of his remaining enemies. ‘So since he fired four shots that means he only has three left,’ he worked out, as he cut down three of the remaining five. He let the blades catch some light from his position behind the remaining two guards and let the light reflect towards the chairman. And of course he rose to the bait, firing his last three shots into his two remaining protectors.

Nightmare stopped and straightened his back, standing at his full height of five foot eight. He took a few steps towards his target with a slow measured pace as the emergency lights flicked on, filing the room with a soft, red glow. “Don’t bother, chairman,” Nightmare said as the man reached for another magazine so that he could reload. “I took down fifteen guards in under twenty five seconds, the amount of time it takes your backup lights to charge and activate. Killing you before you can reload will be a matter almost as simple as breathing.” He continued as he came to a halt, a mere seven feet from his target. “Do you know who I am, chairman?”

The chairman scowled and threw his gun to the corner of the room. “Yes, I think I have an idea. You’re from The Clans aren’t you!?”

Nightmare smiled. “I’ll give you a hint. ‘ As I lay me down to sleep’…” he began as he got a few inches closer. “’I pray my soul the lord won’t keep, and should I die, before I wake, I pray my soul Nightmare should take.’ It was written in blood on the wall of my second victim. ‘The reality of a totalitarian society is a Nightmare.’ It was written on the wall of my third victim. But I found myself running out of ideas… so rather than come up with a cool saying for each victims wall, I decided to merely write something that would become an epitaph for me. A symbol, as it was. That was on my fourth victim’s wall. And now, it will be on yours as well.”

As he finished his little speech, the chairman raised his left arm from his belt, his back up weapon in hand. Time seemed to slow down to a painstakingly slow crawl, as Nightmare moved through the space between himself and the chairman. Before the chairman could fire a singe round, Nightmare’s scythe slid into his gut, the two blades making his shirt and jacket tent out in the back, as they were stained red. About five seconds later, the lights flickered back on as they had been programmed to. The chairman gasped his last breath when he saw the message the battle had left on the wall. It was painstakingly perfect but at the same time sloppy. And although it was a simple message, for the next four years it struck fear into the hearts of the Konoha elders. The message read:

Welcome To Nightmare.

Nightmare walked from the chairman’s house. As he looked back he made a parting comment to his victim. “Oh… and I’m Haru Yuiy, since you didn’t know. It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance.” As his joke left his lips, they twisted into a smile.

Four years later, Haru fought 5 and they both died before the explosives Haru set in the Hokage’s mansion went off. Their corpses never touched the ground. Haru died thinking he was the last Yuiy. What he didn’t know, was that the woman he had lain with but days earlier was carrying his child. A man who would become something his father would never have expected. The scourge of the seas, Siyo “The Mad Fox” Yuiy. And ‘till this day he still uses the phrase his father loved so much,

Welcome To Nightmare.

././ Fin /./.

A.N.: This is a special one shot that is dedicated to Sonamea, Kiki-chan, Lisa Lyons, all my readers, and my precious few reviewers. You know who you are. This is me saying thanks. (Don’t get used to it.)

Siyo “The Mad Fox” Yuiy

This one shot was inspired by V For Vendetta and was fueled by Sobe and the following songs:

Virus Of Life – Slipknot

Are You Dead Yet? – Children Of Bodom

Bastards of Bodom – Children Of Bodom

Her Portrait In Black – Atreyu

Bleeding Mascara – Atreyu

Duet – Drowning Pool

Rebel Yell (Cover) – Drowning Pool

Bodies – Drowning Pool

Full Circle – Drowning Pool
Sign up to rate and review this story