Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Of Wolves And Roses

Chapter Twelve: Beaten Down

by siyo 0 reviews

Senra fights Yuiy clan member Shi. Shi means death in Japanese, btw.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Itachi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-01-03 - Updated: 2009-01-03 - 2558 words

0Unrated
Of Wolves And Roses:

Chapter 12: Fate and Sorrow, they have caught up with Senra.

Senra and his teammates emerged from the edge of the desert with only the sound of Nara’s snoring and a few birds to greet them. Senra sensed immediately that something was wrong. Every one on the team tensed but only Taki walked forward into the clearing before Senra could warn Taki to stop he was hit by a log trap which pinned him to a tree.

Senra looked around, but there were no signs of who laid the trap. But there was a patch of dirt in a clearing filled with grass. As Senra moved to put a shuriken into it a human form slid up out of the patch of dirt. “Do you feel it, Rage?” A voice called from the form. “Can you feel my dragon of Sorrow? He and I are One much like you and Senra, but we are more than just together in cause. We are melded into one being. And we will destroy you…”

Senra was frozen stiff for a moment as the words pierced him. Yahiko, however, seized what looked to her like an opportunity for attack. She leaped forward and slashed at the man who spoke of sorrow. He caught her arm and moved it gently out of his face, when her arm was out of the way he swiftly kicked her in the side of the head, sending her flying. “Stay out of this girl.”

Senra glared and ran at his opponent kicking him hard in the head and sending him tumbling. He rushed quickly to Yahiko's side and held her head in his arms. “Yahiko… Yahiko? Speak to me Yahi…” Senra turned when he heard a noise behind him. He noticed the man was walking calmly back up to Senra. Senra set his dog and his pack against a tree near wear Yahiko had fallen. There was no need to get an injured dog involved in this. The same could be said for Yahiko. “God,” Senra mumbled as he laid Yahiko down and squared off with his assailant, “Don’t you ever give up?”

The man smiled. “That didn’t even hurt. Were you honestly trying to offend me or are you really just that weak?”

Senra paled when he heard the words. “What are you?”

“I am Shi Yuiy, My dragons name is Sorrow. And we are both stronger than Rage, and therefore, stronger than you.” Shi replied laughing, a laugh that pierced deep into Senra, sticking into him like a hook.

Senra formed the tiger hand seal followed by the snake then finished with the horse. As he formed these seals Shi copied them perfectly. “Rose style, rose torn stab no jutsu!” They both called out as two spires shot at each other, colliding and destroying each other.

“Like a Yuiy style jutsu will work on me.” Shi said laughing.

Launching off the ground, Senra formed the hand seals for his next jutsu. Snake, Tiger, Monkey, Boar, Horse, Tiger “Grand Fireball No Jutsu!” Senra yelled, firing off a fireball at Shi, trying to get distance between them and Yahiko and Taki.

“That’s more like it!” A voice called from behind him. “This time, like you mean it!” Shi said right before he kicked Senra face first back towards the earth.

“Kaimon… RELEASE!” A voice screamed as there was a loud rustling noise from where Taki was trying to lift the tree, however, the tree was just too large for him, even with the first gate busted wide open. Taki just sat there panting.

Senra fought his hardest against the oblivion that was rising up to claim him, he took control of his consciousness and landed on his feat, flipping towards his opponent and stuck his leg out in a makeshift kick, aimed at Shi’s head. Shi caught the kick and swung Senra back first into a tree and threw him by his leg to lay beside Yahiko. “Fight me seriously, unless you want to see her die. Slowly, of course.” Shi said as he put a kunai into the ground five inches from her face. Senra glared and got up, his chakra flaring to its full strength. “Better. But it’s still not good enough.”

Horse, Dragon, Tiger, Snake, Boar, Ram “DRAGON FANG NO JUTSU! Get ready to die.” Senra said as he began putting pressure on his jutsu, crushing it into a sword like shape.

‘Hmm? Using the Dragon Fang like a sword… What a curious technique…’ Shi thought to himself as Senra leapt at him and slashed with the sword. It sliced through the air as Shi leaned backwards, and almost slipped on the ice Senra had thrown out during his flip. “Oh? So you have copied a Kekkei Genkai… wanna see one of mine? Ok.” He said answering his own question. He reached up for his shoulder and drawing out a bone with an incredibly sharp point. He leveled the point at Senra’s jutsu-sword, which was slowly bleeding out his chakra. “At best you’ve got two more minutes before that sword steals what little is left of your chakra.” Shi said as he stepped forward and slashed through Senra’s sword, destroying it with ease. “You’re running out of options-“

“Oh, come off it. If you don’t you might just miss something I do. Like oh say, get too close to miss!” Senra said as he raised his right hand in front of him. “Dragon, release.” He called out as it quickly lashed through the 4 feet between him and Shi, the dragon caught Shi’s hand as he tried to avoid it, but it didn’t take off his hand. He merely flexed his arm and stabbed his sword up through the shadow dragon’s mouth, dispersing it into smoke.

“Kyumon, Release! Seimon, Release! Shomon, Release! Tomon, Release!” Taki called as he threw the tree off of him and at Shi. Shi didn’t bother turning, he just swung his sword and cut the trunk in half and kicked the parts so that they flipped harmlessly over his shoulder. He leaned back to dodge Taki’s punch ducked his kick then followed up by hitting Taki’s gates with his own chakra to force them closed. Taki staggered a few feet forward and fell uselessly and harmlessly out of the way.

Yahiko staggered to her feet and pointed her Tonto at Shi. “Hey… You’re mine!” Her threat fell upon deaf ears however as Shi moved behind her in the space of a blink. He took a hold of Yahiko’s throat and smiled at Senra.

“Come on Senra; don’t make her die because you’re too weak to fight me.” When Senra couldn’t muster the strength to charge Shi, he sighed. “Maybe this will motivate you…” As he said this he dragged his bone sword down the front of Yahiko’s clothing, slicing clean through it, but not hurting the girl beneath them. When Shi pointed his sword at Senra again, Yahiko’s clothes fell away from her with the exceptions of her spandex shorts (which had a cut down the front), panties and mesh support undershirt. She was almost completely naked in front of Senra, she blushed, but Senra was glaring at Shi. “Fight or I’ll have some fun with her before I kill you all.”

“Rage, fill me and make me stronger.” Senra said as he formed a shadow clone. The clone popped his neck and took the form of possessed Senra and smiled at Shi.

“Start praying you sheep, I promise not to pity you one damned bit!” He said as he laughed in an almost sociopathic manner.

“Halleluiah.” Senra said as he pulled his sword free.

The fight lasted for hours, but in the end, the only damage to Shi was the destruction of his shirt and a cut across his cheek which had been the result of Senra’s last slash. Shi walked away from Senra’s unconscious form, carrying his jacket to where Yahiko sat, trying in vain to cover herself. “Sorry about that, I wanted to help him and that was the only way short of killing you and Taki that I could think of.” He said as he handed Yahiko the jacket with a sigh and a sad smile. “If it’s any compensation, you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen and Senra is lucky to have you.”

Yahiko put the jacket on and took one of Senra’s safety pins off and fixed her shorts. “I should kill you for that.” She said as she picked up her sword.

“In due time, I promise, you may be the one to spill the last drop of my blood, but until then, I want you to have these for your trouble. The ones that look blank are for Senra.” Shi said as he handed Yahiko a bag full of scrolls. “Au reviour, mademoiselle. Until we meet again.”

Yahiko watched as Shi ran off. Then, almost on reflex, she walked over to where Senra lay. She looked down on him and sighed. “Thank you; you risked every thing for me… Thank you.”

It was a few hours more before Senra and Taki woke, but as soon as they did they made there way towards Konoha. As they did they came across two ninja, what appeared to be a young female and a thirty-some year old male with a large sword. The masked youth jumped forward and Senra reacted only just fast enough. He focused every drop of chakra he could muster into his left hand. Dragon, tiger, ram, dog, boar, snake, rat His Dragon’s Fist Technique made it just in time and connected solidly with the masked youth’s forehead.

Nothing. Not even a crack in the mask, but Senra could feel the new power he had gained. He had learned this technique from the dragon that had hit Shi, but he didn’t have even enough chakra to knock out the young ninja with. “I… I am… Undone…” Senra mumbled as the man’s large sword came down at where his teammate had been.

“Konoha Hurricane.” Taki called out as he kicked the sword off path enough to make it miss Senra’s head.

Senra and Taki both retreated ten feet to be shoulder to shoulder with Yahiko. “Our mission does not lead us to have cause to fight you. Should I assume that your mission is to destroy us?” Senra asked as he tried his hardest to regain even just a little chakra. All he needed was maybe ten percent of his normal level and he’d be able to use his last resort jutsu.

The man with the sword popped his neck and began to advance when the youth stopped him and took his mask off. “These kids aren’t just playing ninja. Each one of them has earned their head band.” He said as he wiped a drop of blood from his forehead. “Zabuza, fighting with these children will get us nowhere. It’s an unnecessary risk.”

Zabuza looked incredulously down on his accomplice. “Haku… You actually think they’re dangerous?”

Haku shook his head. “No. Not as they are now, but if they were full strength even you and I together would have trouble. We just need to focus on the delivery mission we took on.”

Zabuza scoffed in displeasure. “You brats are lucky, if we weren’t so late in finding this guy we need to deliver this to I would kill you. Come on Haku, we’re done here.”

Senra found himself struck with an idea. “Hey.” He called to the two mist ninja, causing them to stop and turn. “Allow me to help you, since you’re going to let us go. I have the dragon’s eyes, so I can tell you where the man you seek is.”

Haku looked up at Zabuza who was scratching his chin as he gave it consideration. “Hmm... I guess at this point it wouldn’t hurt much… Okay sure. We’re looking for a guy named Senra Yuiy; his cousin Kyo Yuiy wanted us to give him a package. He paid very handsomely, I might add.”

Senra stared at the other two ninja for a few moments before his team began laughing. Haku put his mask on and sighed. “I suppose they must have lost their sanity…”

“No that’s not it!” Yahiko said between gulps of air as she leaned against a nearby tree.

“I’m Senra Yuiy.” Senra said with no hint of emotion. “What package do you have?”

Zabuza threw Senra a box the size of his head and walked off. “Well that was convenient…” Zabuza mumbled as he walked away. Senra opened the box. It contained three books. Two of the three were only about two inches thick; the third however was almost as thick as Senra’s head. The first book was labeled ‘The Yuiy Bloodline’, the second was blank and the inside cover simply read ‘Nightmare’.

It was the third book however that threw Senra off. There on the cover was the name of a book Senra had been seeking for years, a book that had only been duplicated 5 times. Across the cover it read ‘The Book of Shadows.’

Senra took a deep breath as he let his fingertips trail across the face of the book. “Where did he get this?” Senra mumbled.

“What’s so special about that book Senra?” Taki asked as he looked over Senra’s shoulder.

“There are only five of these books in the entire world. This book contains some of the ninja world’s most fearsome techniques… And it contains every prophecy recorded from the first two ninja wars and earlier.” Senra flipped open the cover and smiled. “It’s the real thing all right…”

Taki and Yahiko frowned as they looked at the book in Senra’s hands. “Um, Senra I don’t know how to tell you this, but this book is in English…”

Senra shrugged. “So what?” Senra asked in English as he put all three books in the box. “English is an easy language.” He added, still in English. “Japanese is hard.” He sighed in Japanese.

It had been a while since Senra had spoken in English, and he was a little rusty, but that was no problem. The team didn’t speak again for a while as they walked the last of the way to Konoha. Sanshimora was waiting for them at the front gate. “Hey, how did it go?” He asked as he shifted the crutches he was standing on. “I went to catch up with you guys but I got into a fight I couldn’t handle… and well, here I am. Oh, Senra. I have a message for you, ‘read the bat the traitor and the dragon.’ Or something like that.”

Senra walked up to his sensei and leaned close to his ear, whispering. “I know the truth. I know what you did. And I will kill you for what you did, the very first chance I get. Better get some rest, you’ll need it.” Senra whispered before walking calmly towards his apartment. Sanshimora paled. This would be a problem.

/End.
Sign up to rate and review this story