Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Different Bella (working title)

Diagon Alley

by Fireflashphoenix 0 reviews

20 year old Bellatrix can't have children. what happens when she accompanies the Dark Lord to the Potters on october 31st 1981 and maternal feelings arise? read and review

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Blaise Zabini, Harry - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2005-05-15 - Updated: 2005-05-15 - 1807 words

1Original
Disclaimer: I do not own anything to do with Harry Potter.

A Different Bella (working title).
Chapter 2: Diagon Alley.

Stepping out of The Leaky Cauldron, the beauty of the place as usual, took Harry aback; it seemed to glow in the summer sun, it glittered in the snow, it blinded you in a lightning storm...it was magnificent.

He momentarily cast his mind back to the people he had just seen, something didn't seem...right. His mind settled on the quivering man he had seen that seemed to be terrified of his own shadow.

Pathetic.

Harry knew acting when he saw it, especially when it was that badly done.

Casting aside the thought for future reference he got back to the task at hand, but that required a trip to the bank first.

As they passed Quality Quidditch Supplies, he spotted the most beautiful thing he had ever seen sat in the window.

The Nimbus 2000 racing broom.

Harry knew that it was coming out even though the project had been kept hushed up - having a mother that owned 15% of Nimbus Corporation had its benefits.

He would have already owned one if it wasn't for the 18 month delay on it's testing.

'It's about time it was released, it took long enough for the development to be completed.' He thought to himself.

As he approached Gringotts he noticed the usual goblin guard, in the scarlet and gold uniform of one of the best goblin mercenary units in recent years, on duty, stepping through the bronze doors he saw the familiar engraved warning on the silver doors in front of them:

Enter, stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed,
For those who take, but do not earn,
Must pay most dearly in their turn,
So if you seek beneath our floors
A treasure that was never yours,
Thief, you have been warned, beware
Of finding more than treasure there.


Harry shook his head at the poem, goblins don't need poems to discourage theft, and they just need to give that malicious glare that they used on anyone that looked even slightly shifty.

As they looked around, they spotted that the most intimidatingly huge man Harry had ever seen took up the shortest queue, this had to be Hogwarts keeper of keys and grounds; Rubeus Hagrid.

Having had Nymphie, Bella and Rommy, as Harry called his 'aunt' Andromeda, describe the man to them several times, they would recognise him anywhere.

Sliding up behind him, they heard him quietly telling the teller that he had Mr Potters vault key because Dumbledore had recovered it from the ruins of Godric Hollow and apparently misplaced it until a few days ago.

Bella was about to speak up when Hagrid pulled a letter out of one of his pockets and handed it to the goblin, while whispering something they couldn't hear.

"Hagrid, I see you have my sons vault key, we had wondered what happened to it. The goblins refused to replace it because their record showed that it still existed but refused to tell us where thanks to an order issued by Dumbledore." Bella said in a voice just loud enough for everyone in the lobby to hear, her dislike of Dumbly was well known.

"I'm sure 'e had 'is reasons Ms Black. No poin' bein' bi'er about him just 'cause 'e con'ested your guardianship o'er 'arry, he belongs with his blood relations, not his godfathers' cousin." Hagrid said back.

"The Wizengamot apparently decided otherwise. Now, may we have Harry's key...please." She hissed coldly as her eyes lit up in anger.

"'ere, 'ave it." He said as he passed the key to Bella before turning to Harry. "I'd stay away from te likes of 'er if I were you."

"I love her, she loves. I've met my...Relatives, and I'm glad to say I don't live with them." Harry said before turning to one of the goblin tellers nearby. "Excuse me, but may we make a withdrawal from my vault and my friend Blaise' one."

"No problem young sir, may we check the keys?" the teller asked politely. He knew of the Childs open mind and polite ways from the other goblins that had served him and his mother, he'd brought her views on human dominance down a peg or two, so he was willing to look past his disgust at the human race in general and be nice to the boy.

"Griphook, take them to their vaults please." The teller said after quickly checking the keys.

A young goblin stepped forwards and beckoned for them to follow him down to the carts, leaving behind a bewildered Hagrid with one thing going through his head: 'since when have goblins been nice to anyone?'

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As they stepped out of the bank, Harry pulled his list of required things out and handed it to his mum after reading it himself.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Uniform
First years will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragonhide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry nametags

Set books
All students should have a copy of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Alberta Waffling
A Beginners Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quintin Trimble

Other equipment
1 Wand
1 Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 Set glass or crystal phials
1 Telescope
1 Set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS


'So much for getting a Nimbus 2000.' Harry thought to himself. Today was his birthday, but he still hadn't gotten a present.

He never got a lot, but he always got something...except his second birthday, but that WAS his fault...he DID accidentally blow up the cupboard that all of his presents were in.

He was drawn out of his thoughts as his mum suggested that they get their uniform first from Madam Malkins.

"Hogwarts dear?" Madam Malkin asked as Bella opened her mouth to ask. "We've got the lot here - another young man being fitted up in the back now."

As Harry got close enough to see the boy being fitted, he couldn't stop the groan that escaped.

"Madam, can I have my work robes in Acromantula silk please." Harry asked before they got close enough for the boy to hear.

"What are you doing here Potter?" the boy with slicked back blond hair and a pointy face snarled.

"Hogwarts, what do you think Malfoy?"

"You? Hogwarts? Merlin their standards are slipping if they let someone with as little power as you in."

"Whatever you say Malfoy. The sooner you shut up, the sooner we can get away from each other."

"Why should I shut up?"

"'Cause if you don't then you'll see just why the let me into Hogwarts." Harry snarled in a low voice that made Malfoy shiver in fear.

"Mr Malfoy, you can go now." Madam Malkin said before the insults turned into something more serious.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Once they'd finished in Madam Malkins, they went to Flourish and Blotts, followed by the Apothecary.

They then set off for Eeylops Owl Emporium, at first Harry was confused, they already had an owl, and they didn't need any more owl treats.

Once inside Bella turned to Harry and told him to: "Pick one."

"Huh?" he asked stupidly.

"Pick one. It IS your birthday you know." Bella said as if she was talking to a toddler.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Twenty minutes later they left the shop with a beautiful female snowy owl; it was white with black tips to its feathers. With her being carried carefully by Harry as she slept with her head under her wing they got an ice cream from Florean Fortescue's.

Once they had finished their ice creams they finally set off for their last stop; Ollivanders.

"I don't see why I need another wand." Harry complained as his feet throbbed in pain.

"Because yours isn't registered, if you go to school with that one it'll look suspicious that you haven't got one on records."

Entering the shop Harry saw that it appeared empty, he could feel the magic surrounding him, touching his core, flooding his senses, all the while he was looking around but didn't see Bella' smirk.

"Good afternoon." Said a soft voice making Harry and Blaise jump, while Bella' smirk grew bigger; it was a rare day that anyone snuck up on Harry, he had some sort of 'extra-sensory perception' as the muggles called it.

An old man was stood before them, his wide pale eyes staring at them like two misty silver moons.

"It is, isn't it? Nice and hot; great for water fights." He said in an overly cheerful voice.

"Ah, yes. Yes, yes, I was wondering when you would show up Mr Potter." He said before looking at Bella. "Or is it Mr Black?"

"Either, I don't mind."

"Understandable. You have your mothers eyes, but they shine with a power that your mother never had."

"Er...okay. Can we choose our wands now?"

"Of course...here you go." He said as he handed Harry a wand "Beechwood and dragon heartstring, nine inches long."

Before Harry could test it, it was yanked out of his hand by Ollivander and replaced by another one. Once the pile of tried wands stood at a foot high, Ollivander returned with a wand in his hand while muttering to himself what sounded like "I wonder."

Harry took the wand - phoenix feather, holly, 11inches - and instantly knew it was his, it didn't feel as...right as his other wand, but it still felt good. He gave it a little wave that caused green and red sparks to shoot out the end.

"Curious...very curious."

"What's curious?"

"I remember every wand I've ever sold, it just so happens that the phoenix that gave the feather that resides in your wand, gave another feather - just one other. It is curious that you get this wand and the other one gave you that scar."

Harry swallowed loudly, while Blaise was on the verge of gaping at Harry.

"Yes, I believe that we can expect great things of you, Mr Potter."

Harry quickly paid seven gold galleons for his wand and waited, impatiently, for Blaise to get her wand - oak, dragon heartstring and 12 and one half inches.

After they left the shop, they quickly made their way back to the leaky cauldron so they could floo home.
Sign up to rate and review this story