Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Different Bella (working title)

Growing Up

by Fireflashphoenix 1 review

20 year old Bellatrix can't have children. what happens when she accompanies the Dark Lord to the Potters on october 31st 1981 and maternal feelings arise? read and review

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Blaise Zabini, Harry - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2005-05-15 - Updated: 2005-05-15 - 1425 words

2Exciting
Disclaimer: I do not own anything to do with Harry Potter.

A Different Bella (working title).
Chapter 1: Growing Up.

Six-year-old Harry Potter was having fun because his adoptive mother; Bellatrix Black had taught him how to control his accidental magic at four years old.

The aim had been to stop him from destroying things when they made him jump, or hurting people when they scared him...but he took it one or two steps further than that.

Right now he was playing with his favourite toys; his plastic muggle soldiers.

And using his 'accidental' magic to animate them; right now the Tan army was winning, their three tanks blowing chunks out of the Greens, but the Greens had reinforcements flying in.

Just as the two Green 'Huey' choppers reached firing range, they dropped out of the air and the rest of the pieces stopped moving and sending tiny bursts of magic from their weapons.

Seconds later Harry keeled over sleeping from the exhaustion.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bella was impressed, she was watching from the doorway since Harry always sat with his back to it, he'd managed to keep his toys animated for two minutes, he normally managed three, but that was with half the men and no flying ones.

His magic was growing exponentially, it should be impossible, but then again, no one has ever thought of trying this before.

And she knew he was powerful beyond belief, she'd found the binds on his magic when he was three, binds that reeked of Dumbledore.

She'd been researching them since then, trying to find a way to remove them.

But Dumbledore was too powerful for her to remove them...though she had managed to reduce the amount of time it would take for them to wear off; they should wear out around his fifteenth birthday instead of his thirtieth.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Eight-year-old Harry followed his mother down Knockturn alley and into a small shop that most would miss if they didn't know it was there.

Entering the shop he saw what looked like animal parts and blocks of wood.

"Hello." His mum, or Trixy as he'd taken to calling her when he was in an annoying mood, called into the shop, her wand out ready for anything while her violet eyes scanned the shop for threats.

"Well, I never expected to see you back here Bella, how is that wand doing?" a man said as he stepped through a doorway, smiling a toothless smile.

"It's fine, I'm here to get Harry a wand. Some fool looking for revenge, probably Lucius, attacked the manor a few days ago. Anyway Harry here needs a wand so he can protect himself."

"Ah, I see, you want one of me so there's no ministry interference. Well come here Mr...do I call you Black or Potter?"

"Either." Harry said in his snobby voice.

"Harry, be nice and stop talking like my sister, bloody stuck up cow...you didn't hear that, did you Harry?"

"I just heard something about not talking like aunty Cissy."

"Good."

"Well then. Mr Potter, come here please, pick one out." He said as he presented him with some blocks of wood.

Harry passed his finger across the pieces of wood until he stopped at a strange grey one; it felt like...home, belonging, loving...it felt right.

"Hmm...unusual, that's the only piece of that wood I've ever come across. No one knows what its called, it has many names...deathwood, healwood, warwood...many names. All that is known about it is that the elves of old used to make battle staffs out of that wood, if the high and dark elves trust it, then I can safely say it has no affiliation...neither dark nor light."

"Okay...now the core." He said handing him a tray of animal parts.

Harry closed his eyes and ran a finger across them again, this time he stopped between two, he wanted to go both ways, opening his eyes, he say that he was hovering between a white feather with a black tip, and a vial of an acid green fluid.

"Interesting...two cores, a white phoenix feather and basilisk venom...one light one dark...both very powerful." The man said as he put the tray down before handing Harry a plain black wand. As Harry took it, it lengthened and moulded to a shape that was comfortable and stay comfortable when he was bigger.

"Okay, I'll have your wand ready in four hours, come back anytime after then."

Harry and 'Trixy' left the shop and headed out into the Muggle world to see if they could buy a muggle house to hide in for a while.

Two hours and four sore feet later, the duo signed for a detached house in a nice muggle neighbourhood: three bedrooms, a kitchen, living/dining room, three toilets, one downstairs, one upstairs en suite with a shower, and another upstairs with a bath.

They spent the next hour and a half discussing home improvements with each other and ended up making a list;
#1: gas fire has to go - replace with proper fire - connect to floo network.
#2: add conservatory - use for lessons.
#3: enhance bedrooms - bigger.
#4: enhance bathroom/shower room - bigger.
#5: standard safety wards/light muggle repelling charms.

The list went on and on. Once they had decided on what their new home would be like, Trixy apparated them both to their old home (LeStrange manor) where a wizarding real estate salesman was waiting for them.

After spending the next three quarters of an hour showing him around, he agreed to buy it off them and sell it on as if it was once his own, with fake documents of course.

What surprised them both was how valuable the place was, their new house cost them 500,000 pounds (100,000 galleons) but their old one was sold for 750,000 galleons (3,750,000 pounds).

They'd lived there for a long time and thought very little of the place, so it's monetary value came as a huge shock.

After a while they managed to get enough of the shock out of their systems to go pick up Harry's wand.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nine-year-old Harry was sat in his lessons with his best friend Blaise sat next to him, they'd been having these lessons since they were five, either Trixy or Gregorio, Blaise's dad, would teach them reading/writing, basic Arithmancy, potions or ancient runes for two hours a day, often followed by basic duelling practice for half an hour; their parents refused to teach them any other kind of magic until they were at Hogwarts and could restrain their urges to cast spells at everything they saw.

Bella had long ago explained why she doesn't get along with her sister, Narcissa, anymore to her other sister, Andromeda, and had since rebuilt many of the bonds that were broken when Andromeda was disowned.

That meant that in the summers, his favourite 'cousin' 'Nymphie' doted on him. Of course only him and Blaise could get away with calling her that because she thought Harry was such a cute, cuddly and adorable little boy.

Although that often meant that Harry felt like he had three mums, four when Blaise was in that sort of mood.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seven days before Harry's eleventh birthday, two eagerly anticipated letters arrived as Harry and Blaise (Blaise having slept over for the night) ate breakfast in the kitchen.

"Harry, Blaise, look what just arrived for you." Bella said as she passed them the letters, or more precisely their Hogwarts letters.

Harry leapt to his feet and grabbed his letter from Bella, eagerly breaking the seal and yanking out the yellowish parchment before reading it:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr Potter,
We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1st September. We await your owl no later than 31st July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress


Harry just looked at Blaise's glowing face for a moment before turning to Bella. "I'll get Mercury." He said before bursting out of the kitchen into the dining room, turning left, he shot into the living room before turning left again and shooting upstairs, heading for Bella's room to get her owl, mercury.
Sign up to rate and review this story