Categories > Anime/Manga > s-CRY-ed > His Promise

The Evil of Destruction

by anicka 0 reviews

Ryuhou makes a promise to Scheris to protect her. This promise brings them closer than ever before. Ryuhou/Scheris (Episode 24 spoiler in first chapter)

Category: s-CRY-ed - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Ryuhou Ryu, Scheris Adjani - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2006-03-18 - Updated: 2006-03-19 - 1228 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Scryed.

--

With the room being dark and the light coming from the hall, all Scheris could see was a shadow. But when she saw that shadow, she knew that Ryuhou had actually came for her and that he really did care. So, when the door opened all the way, Scheris said one word to the person in front of her. "Ryuhou!"

--

Scheris heard laughter coming from this man. "Ryuhou, you say?" The man flipped on the light switch to the small room. He had short brown hair and brown eyes. He was very tall at about six foot five. He wore a white shirt and denim pants. Over his shirt, he wore an orange jacket. When he spoke, his voice could almost be considered deep. "Well, if it isn't my favorite little girl. I guess you aren't so little anymore working for HOLY."

Scheris backed up and tripped over a metal pipe on the floor. She fell down and scooted back as far as she could to the wall. "Ken'ichi--"

"That's right! We have business to take care of. You didn't think that I had forgotten did you? If you did, you were very mistaken. It's your fault that all of this is happening."

Scheris suddenly yelled out in anger. "You hurt her! I wasn't going to stay with you and let you cause more damage to people's lives! That was terrible what you did, and I will never forgive you for that!"

Sato, Ken'ichi smirked. "I guess that makes us even then, doesn't it?" Sato reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out an object. He lifted it up so Scheris could see it. "Now, I'll show you what you should've faced back then and more!" Sato walked over to Scheris smiling within himself. 'I think I am going to enjoy this.'

--

Ryuhou raced across the rough ground which was covered with stones and small areas where the ground was higher then the ground above it. It had no doubt happened from the uprising. It had just been part of the ripple effect.

He came to a dirt road with a fork, and stopped to catch his breath. He needed to think which way the place was. He remembered a few trees hidden behind a huge upraise of land. He looked down each path, and on the right he saw it.

As he neared the upheaval, he saw a tunnel going down into the ground. 'This is it. I just hope she is here.'

He was standing at the top of the tunnel about to go down the stairs when he heard a high-pitched scream coming from the ground floor. Ryuhou immediately brought out Zetseui, then rushed to the area he heard the scream come from.

As he turned the corner around the left side of the stairs, he saw a light coming out of a room, then he heard the scream again. 'That's Scheris!'

--

Blood ran down Scheris's arms and face. She tried not to cry, but the pain was too much. He was going to kill her. She tried to protect herself by covering her face with her arms, but, even so, he always managed to move her arms out of the way. Bruises were already forming underneath her right eye, and her left arm had been twisted so much that it felt like it was going to, or had already been snapped.

A gush of wind blew by her. 'How--There isn't anyway--unless--'

Sato fell down to the floor so fast that even he was wondering how it happened. Then the figure came into view. It was an altar shaped like a human with two long antennas coming from its head.

Scheris gasped. "Zetsuei--That means that--" At the moment another man stepped into the room. "Ryuhou!"

Ryuhou looked over at Scheris. What he saw almost made him sick. He saw blood all over the floor, but more so than that was all of the blood that was spread out over Scheris's skin. "Scheris!"

Sato stood up. "You think you can catch me this time, or will you miss me again?"

"There is no way that you will get away from me this time. You are evil, and you must be punished for the sins you have committed."

"Is that right?" Sato looked up toward the ceiling and smirked. "Just try catching me."

The metal pipe, on the floor, that Scheris had tripped over before, disappeared. Sato started to glow in bright colors of green, blue and red. Beside him, his altar began to appear. As it formed, Sato grabbed on to the side of it, and his altar jumped, going through the ceiling to the dry ground above.

Ryuhou glanced over at Scheris, and he saw her nod her head the best she could. He followed Sato onto the land above.

By this time, Ryuhou could see Sato's full altar. It looked like a military tank, but a smaller version, the size of an average jeep. It was blue with a grayish tint. This gave it the color of murky water. Only one missile carrier was on the tank.

"How do you like my altar," Sato asked.

"How do you like mine?" Ryuhou put his left arm out in front of him and shouted, "Zetsuei!"

Zetsuei took off and headed toward Sato instead of his altar. An altar is useless without the mind force behind it. When Zetsuei reached Sato, his antennas went out and wrapped themselves around him.

Sato retaliated by shooting off a flame in the direction of Ryuhou, but Ryuhou was too fast for him. Sato was released by Zetsuei for a brief second as Ryuhou moved, and that was just enough to free him. He jumped onto the tank once more and stood behind the missile launcher. "Are you ready to feel my wrath?"

Ryuhou's face was starting to turn a deep red in anger. When he fought with Kazuma, he, so far, had been able to control his anger and stay calm, but when someone hurts a person who he cares for, he can not keep himself calm whatsoever. His mind races. His memories come back to him, all of them. Because of that, his anger builds and builds until he explodes. He was almost at the point.

He would never give up. He could not protect Scheris the first time, but this time he would make it up by capturing the monster that haunts her. 'Sato, Ken'ichi, you will not escape me this time! No, you will not be free to roam the countryside anymore, destroying places and lives, as you have done in the past. You remind me of the man I hate, and because of that, you will not escape me!'


--

Author's Notes: I was waiting for episodes 11 and 12 of Scryed to load (two of my favs), and it was taking a while because I have dialup, so I decided to write this. I don't know how it sounds because I wrote it in fifteen minutes. I looked it over, but if you see something worded wrong, please tell me so I can fix it. Thanks everyone!

I, also, wrote a story about a week or so ago that is based on Full Metal Alchemist. It's called "The Protection of Love" and it is completed, so check it out!
Sign up to rate and review this story