Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Her Best Therapy

Chapter Eleven

by highoxer15feet 2 reviews

What would you do in six months?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-01-13 - Updated: 2009-01-14 - 1237 words

0Unrated
“Have you guys set a date yet?”

Carson laughed, resting her head against Pete’s shoulder, “Not yet. But soon. January maybe?” She smiled, directing the question to him.

“Very soon, January sounds great.” He grinned down at her.

“It’s going to be a huge scandal,” Ryan joked.

“Even better,” Pete smirked.

Brendon leaned against Ryan, “But I thought we were going to be the scandal of the year.”

“No, no,” Gabby interrupted “You see they’ll get them all worked up thinking, ‘wow, this is the scandal of the year’ and right as the hype begins to die down, bam! You guys come in and kill everyone with your scandalous-ness.”

"Time for cake!" Brandon announced, carrying it to where the newly engaged couple were sitting.

"Wait, I want to make a toast!" Gabby yelled, grabbing a glass.

"Aren't you supposed to save that for the wedding?" Caleb pointed out.

"Yeah, yeah, what ever," She waved her hand, lifting her glass towards Pete and Carson. "I know that you guys will make the most out of the time you have." She said simply, a sad look creeping into her eyes. "Now, let's stuff our faces and think of the calories tomorrow!" Carson laughed, taking the knife carefully and cutting the cake.

Three hours later, Carson and Pete were heading back to her apartment for the night.

"Car?"

"Mmhmm?" She made a sound that suggested she was awake.

"Will you move in with me?" He somehow felt even more nervous than before.

"We practically live together now," She yawned, lifting her head from its place against the window.

He bit his lip, "Yeah, I know but, I mean like you, moving into my house. And then we'll have our own bed and you can bring your piano..."

"I don't know Pete.... It's all really soon. Can we talk more tomorrow?" She didn't want to hurt him.

"Of course, you get some sleep," He tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "You need it."

"Wake me up when we get home," She mumbled. "I'll walk."

"I will," He lied, knowing that he would carry her up the stairs.

"And Pete?" She looked at him once more.

"Yeah?"

"Promise me we won't become the tabloids latest tragedy." Her eyes were pleading, almost desperate.

“Don’t worry,” He kissed her forehead. “They’ll never know anything besides the whirlwind romance that swept you off your feet.”

“Thank you,” She murmured. “For everything.”

“Any time,” Pete whispered.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
“I thought you said you’d wake me when we got back,” Carson said, hugging him closer despite her reproachful words.

“You knew I wouldn’t.”

“I still wasted the time asking,” She smiled at him.

“What do you want for breakfast?” Pete grinned back.

She wrinkled her nose delicately, “I’m not hungry.”

His face turned stern, “You have to eat something.”

“I don’t want to,” She whined. “Nothing sounds good right now.”

“I really need you to eat something.” Pete begged her. “Please.”

Carson caved, rolling out of bed and guiding her feet into her slippers. “I think I’ll go make eggs or something.”

He smiled, following her closely, “Thank you. Do you want me to make them?”

She shook her head, “Cooking soothes me. I haven’t done enough of it lately.”

Pete watched her as she settled in the kitchen, pulling out pots and pans, and various ingredients. Is this really my life? He asked himself again, not quite believing it even after a month of living like this. She quickly went through the motions of making scrambled eggs, before sitting across from him at the table.

“What are you looking at?” She asked him.

“You. Just you.” He told her. “I’m just trying to remember how life was like before this.”

She rolled her eyes, “Don’t go all cliché on me now. Next you’ll be telling me you’ll love me forever.”

“I will.” It slipped out quickly, and he didn’t quite realize the impact it was going to cause.

Her eyes shot up to meet his, pleading with him not to say anymore, “I won’t be here forever. You have to give yourself the possibility of moving on.”

“I don’t want to move on,” Pete argued.

“I’m not saying you bring a girl to my funeral,” Carson backtracked. “I’m saying that you have to keep an open mind, in the sense that we won’t be ‘together forever’. You know if I could change it, I would.”

“Then why won’t you try chemotherapy?” His eyes accused her of something akin to betrayal. “It could help, you might live longer. Why won’t you try to give yourself that extra time?”

“Pete, I’m going to die.” She met his eyes squarely, holding a steady gaze. “I’d rather spend my last months here, at home, and with Gabby going shopping and getting married than stuck in a hospital bed, too sick to move.”

“I’m sorry,” He told her. “I didn’t mean to start this… I don’t want to argue.”

“I don’t either,” She sighed. “Do you want any?” She offered her plate to him.

“No, I’m supposed to be meeting some record execs about a new band or something,” He glanced at the clock. “Oh shit! I’ve got to go.” He ran to get dressed, kissing her lightly before heading for the door, “Love you!”

Carson laughed, setting her plate in the sink. She picked up her cell phone, calling Brendon.

“Car!”

“Hey Bren, what are you up to today?” She took a deep breath, leaning against the kitchen counter. “I have something to tell you.”

“I know you’re getting married,” She could sense the eye roll he made. “I was at the party you know.”

She forced another laugh, “Yeah, I know. This is something different. Could you meet me somewhere?”

“Okay!” Brendon answered excitedly. “Let’s go get ice cream! I’m dying for ice cream.”

“It’s ten in the morning.” Carson replied flatly.

“You’re right, it is the perfect time for ice cream,” Brendon agreed, ignoring her tone. “I’m picking you up in half an hour.”
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

A/N- This literally had to be pulled from me kicking and screaming. Anyways, here’s the update I promised. I will not be updating next week, because I will be out of town.
Also, thanks to my two reviewers, who are now my favorite people ever (even if one of them only reviewed on Chapter Three):
silver_stripes: I’m glad someone’s still reading (and informing me they are)
falloutboyrox728: I don’t think anyone could do better than Patrick either, it’s just for sake of the story :D
As always, please review!
Sign up to rate and review this story