Categories > Cartoons > Kim Possible > Star Wars: Knights of the New Republic Episode I: Daughter of the Sith

Chapter 9

by Classic_Cowboy 0 reviews

Chapter 9

Category: Kim Possible - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Crossover, Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Kim, Ron, Shego - Published: 2006-03-20 - Updated: 2006-03-20 - 3646 words

0Unrated
Chapter 9: Prelude to the Sith

"It's amazing, Lady Shego," the blue skinned man in a very old style Sith admiral uniform. "This Ship is incredibly preserved for a 4000 year old relic. And even for its age, it's very ahead of it's time. She'll make a fine flagship when she's flight worthy. How goes the diversion?"

"The Jedi haven't a clue, Admiral," Shego's hologram replied, "They believe Drakken is a threat, they haven't a clue what they have waiting for them."

"How about the descendent of Revan and Bastila?" the Admiral asked a glimmer in his red eyes.

"His reprogramming has begun, Skywalker has done well with his training but he can be broken," Shego nodded, "He too is part of our diversion."

"Excellent, we shall not fail you, my Mistress," the Admiral bowed, "And you should know the Star Forge systems have been repaired and operating at seventy five percent efficiency, only forty percent of the structure must be completed."

"How long has it been active, Admiral?" Shego's emerald eyes lit up.

"See for yourself," the Admiral grinned, moving to turn the camera to see the horizon out the window, and the uncountable amount of Death Stars surrounding the planet and the re-construction site of the Star Forge.

"Thank you, Admiral Thrawn," Darth Shego chuckled evilly, ""We shall rule the day when we are ready. Until then, perhaps ... I can give you a more personal reward for your fine service..."

"I do not think that would be proper, my lady," Thrawn apologized.

"Awe you're no fun!" Darth Shego pouted. "In any case, may the Force serve you well."

"May it you as well, Lady Shego," Thrawn bowed.

---

"Go, Go, Go you hunk of Bantha fodder, GO!" Ron cursed the controls of the Imperial Shuttle as the ship shook from the energy blasts striking it's rapidly depleting shields. "This is Jedi Apprentice Ron Stoppable to any available New Republic vessels, Mayday! Mayday!"

Ron made the shuttle twist and turn as best he could as the Imperial TIE Interceptors closed in, firing their weapons. "Awe, dang it, can't we all get along, guys?" The ship jerked hard, "I take that as a no ... MAYDAY!!"

"Stoppable?" a familiar voice came over the com channel, "Have you gotten yourself in over your head again?"

"Captain Barkin!" Ron squeaked with glee, "Where are you, I have ... fifteen TIE Interceptors on my butt, I have some very, very important info for the New Republic, and I don't wanna die, could you maybe ... you know ... HELP?"

"I'll see what I can do, Stoppable," Barkin's voice sighed, before the massive Executor-class Star Destroyed came around from behind a large moon and approached the escaping shuttle and it's pursuers. "Imperial TIE Interceptors, this is Steven T. Barkin, Captain of the New Republic Super Star Destroyer Mad Dog. There is a New Republic citizen onboard the shuttle you are attempting to engage in combat. Would you like for our fighter squadrons to launch and engage you?" the squadron of Interceptors broke, and shot back the way they came. "Funny, I had a feeling you'd say that. The joke's on them, we only have half a squadron on board right now. Ok, Stoppable we're bring you on board. Be ready to give some good answers."

"Will do," Ron sat back in his pilot's seat, as the Mad Dog's tractor beam pulled his shuttle in.

---

"They're making a mistake," Luke said staring out the Solo family's living room window that over looked Coruscant.

"If the Empire is trying to stir up trouble, I don't think nipping it in the bud is a big slip up, Kid," Han Solo said sipping on his Corellian Ale.

"Nipping it in the bud, yeah that's not a mistake." Luke sighed walking over to sit down beside Han and Kim who was staring at her cup of caff with interest. "But sending the WHOLE fleet on word of mouth reports ... what's Fey-lya thinking?"

"They didn't take the whole fleet, Luke," Mara said walking in with Leia and C3P0. "The left a skeleton patrol still out on the other side of the inner middle rim."

"That makes me feel so much better," Luke said, taking a big swig of his caff.

"Do you think Ron's with the fleet the New Republic's after?" Kim asked glancing up at the Jedi Master with fear and hopefulness.

"I don't ..." Luke said furrowing his brow before snapping his head up, "How fast can you get the Cat and Falcon ready to fly?"

"What's wrong?" Mara asked, as Kim shot to her feet.

"Ron's coming this way," Luke said, handing 3P0 his mug, and the Solos, Jedi, and the bounty hunter shot out of the house without another thought.

---

The Millennium Falcon and the Wildecat met the Super Star Destroyer just outside Coruscant orbit, and landed on board with little fuss. Luke, Mara, Han, Leia, the two sets of twins and Anakin, Chewy, and Kim made it to the bridge of the ship in record time, and were shocked to see Ron handcuffed to a chair.

"RON!" Five young voices squealed as he was tackled while he was still trapped in the chair.

"Easy guy, easy," Ron chuckled uneasily as he was mauled with hugs from Jim, Tim, Anakin, Jacen, and Jaina.

Ron then glanced up at the adults and Kim. Han and Leia were the only ones with smiles, while Kim, Luke, and Mara were giving him expectant disapproving gazes. "Hehe, I can explain ... um ..."

"Master Skywalker, I would suggest you train your Jedi the proper way to behave on a bridge of a multi-million dollar star craft." Captain Barkin said to the group.

"Ron what did you do?" Mara asked, narrowing her emeralds on the Apprentice.

Barkin answered for him, "C4, please provide audio from Jedi Stoppable from two hours fifteen minutes ago."

"Of course captain," the bridge protocol droid waddled up, then spoke in Ron's voice, "Hey, cool, what's this button do?" then the droid's voice switched to Barkin's, "Stoppable damnit, don't touch that!" the droid then glanced at the captain and spoke in it's own voice, "End recording. Anything else, sir?"

This got Ron a glare from all present, even the kids. "Hehe, it was shiny ... so sue me ... anyway we have more important matters, Master Rue Fus is in trouble!"

"Rue Fus? What's happened, has he been captured by the fleet?" Luke asked, concern shinning in his blue eyes.

"Fleet? I didn't see any fleet, he fought Darth Shego on the Death Star, turns out Darth Shego is Shelia Palpatine ..." Ron then noticed the pale expression crossing everyone's faces, "What I say?"

"Ron can you guide us back?" Luke asked seriously.

"Yes, Master, no problem, the course is still programmed in the shuttle a jacked," Ron replied, glancing around, "Are we going to go back and save him or what?"

"Captain, how long ago did the remainder of the fleet leave for the battle?" Luke asked turning to the bridge crew of the Mad Dog.

"Two fifty hundred hours this morning, Master Jedi," Barkin said, realizing what he was talking about, "judging by the course in the shuttle's computer, that Death Star will be in the inner rim before a shuttle or even a fighter can get there and warn the Fleet. They'd get back just in time to see Coruscant go boom."

"Han, Leia, take the kids, and go warn the fleet in the Falcon," Luke said turning to the Solos, "if any ship can make it, it's the Falcon." He then turned the Possible twins, "You two go with them too."

"Kim, do we have to?" Jim and Tim asked, glancing from Luke to their elder sister.

"Do as Master Skywalker says," Kim said in a serious tone. "You might get the Falcon there a bit quicker, ok?"

"But ..." Han spoke up suddenly nervous, but fell silent from the elbow from his wife as the Possible twins shot out of the bridge toward the Falcon to see what 'needed improvement'.

"Let's go, kids, Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara has to work," Leia said, as she and Han herded their own kids behind Jim and Tim.

"We don't have time to gather any forces, we have to head to this Death Star now, Captain," Luke said turning to Barkin.

"I know," Barkin furrowed his brow, before turning to the bridge crew, "Alright, listen up! Take the NAV info from that Imperial shuttle and set a return course with adjustment for time, chances are the space station is on its way straight to Coruscant, so get moving people!"

"It'll be several hours before we get there, so you all might as well go to the quarters level and make yourselves at home," Barkin said turning to Kim and the Jedi, "Guest Quarters 243 and 235 are available and bed ready. I know you know Skywalker that you need to be rested up and ready to take on a bastard like a Death Star."

"He's right," Luke nodded turning to Kim who was unlocking Ron's cuffs. "Mara and I will take 245, Apprentice Stoppable, you and Kim can take 243."

"Is it a two bed?" Ron asked, somewhat surprised Kim didn't ask that, and that he sense no regard for it from her through the Force.

"It's a bunk, Stoppable, now get out before you mess anything else up. They're still cleaning the trash and sewage out of the hallways you backed up." Barkin stated, and with a simple 'eep' Ron led the three others out of the bridge.

Kim and Ron walked with Mara and Luke in silence after they left the lift from the bridge. They came to Luke and Mara's room first, and with a small farewell, the two teenagers continued on to their room one door down. "I think we really need to talk, KP," Ron finally spoke as they entered the room.

"Yeah, we do, but ..." Kim replied, moving toward Ron, successfully cornering him at the door. She reached beside him and punched in the locking code for the door, before grabbing his collar, "You're right we do need to talk, Ron."

"KP, I know me and Master Rue Fus jumping on that ship was a bit careless, but ..." Ron gulped seeing the intensity and anger in Kim's eyes, "I'm going to be a Jedi soon, and I can't go about with kid gloves. I'll have to take risks sometimes."

"Since you left Tatooine on that shuttle until Luke sensed you," Kim said, her icy demeanor wavering, "I have ...cried more then I have ever in my whole life, even more then when my parents died."

"Kim ..." Ron started, but Kim's glare silenced him.

"Shut up and listen, Stoppable, I'm not done talking." Kim snapped, her glare intensifying. "You will take risks when you become a full fledged Jedi, I know, same as I take as a bounty hunter, but you WILL be careful, and do you know why?" Kim waited for him to shake his head in a negative manner before continuing. "You will because you are MINE, and I'm not going to lose you."

Ron opened his mouth to question what she was talking about, but found his lips suddenly occupied by Kim's.

---

"What's happened here?" Luke called out angrily as he stood before the smoking ruins of the Yavin 4 Jedi Academy.

"Just what you created, Master," a deep voice spoke from behind him. Ron turned to see a dark cloaked figure in a dark violet and black full mask. "I am your creation, your failure, and bringer of death to those who follow you blindly and foolishly."

Luke turned quickly brandishing his lightsaber with a 'pop hiss'. The raw dark energy from the figure almost staggered the Jedi Master. "I know now what you are but I want a name." Luke said holding his saber before him.

A 'pop hiss' came from the stranger and a long green saber rose from his cloak, and he brought it up, and Luke recognized it as his own. "Where did you get that?" Luke asked warily.

"From your cold, lifeless fingers, Master, after I defeated you," the figure stated beginning to walk toward him, "Your ideals took every thing from me, my home, my friends, two lovers, I lost everything to be a Jedi like you. Now I'm taking my life back. I was once a student of yours, Jedi, but now ... I am Darth Demonus, Dark Lord of the Sith!" The Sith hissed, diving at Luke. Their two sabers met, and sent sparks flying every which way.

"The Dark Side will give you nothing!" Luke shot, back stepping from the force of the Sith Lord's swing.

"The Dark Side gave me power, the Dark Side gave me prestige, the Dark Side gave me respect," Demonus growled, "The Dark Side gave me KP."

The last sentence caught the Jedi Master off guard, giving the Sith the opportunity he needed.

Luke yelped in pain as the Sith's lightsaber passed cleanly through his wrist sending the mechanical hand and his still lit lightsaber flying across the ground. "Now, Skywalker, you will join the Jedi of old and the Jedi of new ..." The Dark Lord said bring his saber up to strike, "In death."

Just as the Sith gave his final attack Luke heard a feminine voice call out, "RON!"

Ron sat up in his bed breathing heavily, "Whoa ... freaky dream ..." He tried to lift his hands to rub his face, but felt something roughly holding his left arm down. He glanced down to see Kim snuggling against his arm, a content smile still on her lips and a lock of hair still plastered to her cheek with sweat from their earlier 'activity'. Ron rubbed his eyes before bring his free hand over to brush the hair back behind her ear.

Ron sighed and slid back down into the bed, not missing Kim snuggling even closer. "Darth Demonus huh?" Ron mused quietly, "Master Rue Fus said Sith only come in twos, so Darth Shego has an apprentice. It has to be this Demonus but who is he? Or is Shego the apprentice? He'd have to be powerful to take out Yavin ..."

A thought suddenly struck him. It frightened him and filled him with rage. "Mankey ..." Ron growled his brow twisting in anger, "It has to be, he's the only one who's ever called Kim KP besides me. It has to be connected to Kim or else it wouldn't have came to me so familiarly. Mankey is or going to be Darth Demonus ... he's already acting through Dark Side tendencies ... but ... if it is Mankey then that'll put Kim in danger being with me ..."

Kim murmured when Ron pulled her in a firm embrace. "Ron ..." she mewed in her sleep, sliding her arms around him, cuddling even closer.

'I won't let Mankey hurt you, Kim,' Ron thought, burying his face in her hair, "No matter what it costs me ..."

---

A few hours later Luke, Mara, Kim, and Ron met outside the Wildecat's hanger bay. "Ok, the Mad Dog is going to distract the Death Star's defenses, while the Wildecat sneaks in. It'll just be us," Luke said before giving Ron a nod, "The smaller the group the easier it will be."

Ron nodded in reply, "So when do we leave?" Ron asked, glancing out at the approaching Death Star.

"Immediately," Luke nodded, "All we have to do is get on board the Cat and head out."

Mara gave him a strange look, but shrugged it off.

"It'll be ok, Mara," Luke said placing a hand on his fiancée's shoulder.

"I know it will ..." Mara started before her eyes widened in realization before drooping, "You back water bastard ..." Mara murmured, her last thoughts cursing herself for falling for the oldest trick in the book before collapsing in Ron's arms.

"Mara!" Kim gasped, moving to the woman's side, "What happened to her?"

"I put her in a healing trance," Luke stated, "She'll come out of it in fifteen minutes. If what Ron said is true, and Darth Shego is Palpatine's daughter, she may know how to access Mara's mind as the Emperor did. That could jeopardize the mission. Besides, I'll be able to focus better in there knowing Mara is safe."

"You won't be when she wakes up, though," Kim pointed out, as Ron handed the unconscious redhead to Kim.

"Kim would you take Mara back outside the Hanger," Ron said, "We'll get the Cat warmed up. Access codes still the same?"

"Yeah," Kim grunted heaving Mara's arm across her shoulder, "I won't be a second." Kim said as she left the two Jedi to her prized ship.

Kim deposited Mara on a bench and positioned her arms and legs where she'd be comfortable, "Don't worry, I'll take care of both our boys," Kim smiled down, then heard the unmistakable sound of her custom freighter's engine's roaring to life. Realization came a second later.

"RON!!!" Kim yelled running to the door and out under the already airborne Wildecat, "RON! DON'T LEAVE ME BEHIND! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME BEHIND!" Kim screamed up at the small ship, just before its thrusters pushed it out of the hanger, "RON!!!"

"You know, we didn't have to leave Kim too?" Luke said from the pilot's seat of the Wildecat's cockpit. "Her skills could have been useful."

"It's better this way," Ron said, adjusting the radar stealth systems Wade had given Kim to install on the ship. "The stealth system should get us in well enough ..."

"Do you sense something in the Force," Luke asked, concerned about his first statement.

"Something in the distance, something ... terrible," Ron said, narrowing his eyes.

"Be mindful of the future, but don't let it distract you from the now," Luke said, gesturing with his hands to the intimidating Death Star before them. It was different then the first two. It was Blood red in color instead of the tradition metallic silver with two spiked rows going around the upper and lower portions of the station, and a massive super canon 'eye' in the front. "Lets do it, Ron, my the Force be with us."

"Yeah, may the Force be with us," Ron said, staring at the massive station. "Something this big ... we may need both sides."

To Be Continued ...

C. Cowboy: only one more chapter and an epilogue to go folks then on to 'The Second Purge'. And as promised ... here's you a sneak peak at the second part of my Kim Possible/Star Wars epic! Also check out my bio for a link to a fan art of this fic done by the talented Barsto. Enjoy!

-

Coming soon ...

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny..." - Yoda

A long time ago ... In a galaxy far, far away ...

"R-Ron?" Kim asked, slowly rising to her feet. "Ron, talk to me!" she said starting toward her childhood friend.

"Kim no!" Mara Jade said grabbing her, holding her back. "That power ... that's not Ron anymore ..."

/Anakin: /Kim what happened to Master Stoppable? Where is Ron?

"Mara?" Kim asked, looking to the older woman questioningly, then to Mara's husband, "Luke?"

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker stared in awe of what was before him. He felt darkness and power radiating off the Jedi Knight the likes of which Luke had only felt upon his early meetings with his father, Darth Vader.

/Kim: /Annie ... Anakin ... Ron was ... he was killed, Anakin ...

Before then stood Jedi Knight Ronald Stoppable, standing over a bloody corpse, dismembered by lightsaber slashes and the Force itself, that was at one time the assassin Monkey Fist. "Ron, fight it, Don't give in to the Dark Side!" Luke commanded, hoping to reach his friend.

/Luke: /Darth Shego's apprentice ... Darth Demonus ... he murdered him.

Ron merely chuckled, before full out laughing at the concept, "Why would I do a thing like that?" he said slowly turning, "I know you've fallen before, Master," Ron asked, as he turned to face them, causing gasps from Mara and Kim, "You never told ... you never said what the Dark Side felt like! You never told how good it felt! Master, I love it, I'll never give it up!" He said, grinning ear to ear wickedly with his once brown eyes now a bright orange and red mix.

"Ron ... no ..." Kim whimpered, "Don't do this..."

/Darth Shego: /Lord Demonus...

"Do what, KP?" Ron asked, his voice holding none of the warmth and love Kim had associated it with, "You've all held me back all my life, all of you, and I understand that now. I understand that you thought you were doing it for my own good, but ... You were wrong." He sneered, "Now you will hold me back no more!"

/Ron:/ Yes, My Mistress?

"What?" Kim asked in surprise, but gargled as she was lifted by an invisible force squeezing her throat.

"Ron, Stop!" Luke called, using his own Force power to break Ron's hold on the girl and lowered her to Mara's waiting arms. "Mara, get her out of here, I'll deal with Ron!" he said before turning back to the fallen Jedi. "If you want to fight someone, fight someone who can fight you back," Luke said drawing and switching on his lightsaber, "Fight me."

/Darth Shego: /Rise...

Ron drew his own saber, "With pleasure." Split second later, the blades met.

STAR WARS
KNIGHTS

Of The
NEW REPUBLIC

Episode II
/THE SECOND PURGE/

Coming soon

Darth Demonus looked over his shoulder, and saw Kim's horribly trembling blaster pointed at his back. A smirk played on his lips and a flash of mischievousness crossed his flaming eyes both hidden behind his Sith Mask, "Can you do it, KP? Can you pull the trigger?" he asked turning to face her, "Can you stop me? Can you kill me?"

The sound of blaster fire echoed through the area.

The Dark Times ... return...



Sign up to rate and review this story