Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thriller

Newborn

by -ThisXSecretXNinja- 2 reviews

Pete and Amber finally find the trail they've been looking for but what they get is far from what they expected...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-01-22 - Updated: 2009-01-22 - 2405 words - Complete

0Unrated
The love for what you hide
The bitterness inside
Is growing like the newborn
When you've seen, seen
Too much, too young, young


Pete and Amber searched the depths of the city for neatly three days before they caught hold of any scent of Beckett’s current whereabouts. However, there was a slight problem.
“The scent is coming from both directions,” Pete mumbled irritated, as he looked at the split roads. From one direction, there was a scent of many different vampires along with Beckett’s scent. Then, the other road would lead back toward the hideout, where it was possible that it was someone else just trying to distract the scent by presuming what was impossible for them to know.
“They couldn’t be at the hideout…could they?” Amber asked, her hands gripping tightly around his neck, blatantly worried now judging by the panicked expression on her face. Pete simply shook his head and said, “There’s no way they could get anywhere near it. Let’s take this way.”
He then proceeded to run the direction furthest from the hideout. But it didn’t take long before the scent burned his nostrils from the overwhelming quantities of accomplices they had with them. Pete stood up straighter, knowing his target was found as Amber slid off his back cautiously.
Pete’s thoughts were racing as he tried to think of a strategy that would get them out of there alive without directly attacking the army of vampires. Pete gulped when he couldn’t think of any reasonable plans, but was surprised when a powerful voice came from behind him.
“I’m not afraid of dying,” Amber said, her fists gripped so tightly at he sides, they were turning white, “He’s not my family anymore. This is war. And I know what side I’m going to die fighting for.”
Pete swallowed her words in stride as he agreed, “It doesn’t matter what happens to us, as long as it’s for the safety of everyone else.”
He grabbed her hand in his boldly as they approached the building with caution. It didn’t take any time before they were interrupted by the screams of a thousand bloodthirsty vampires springing towards them with invisible speed.


At the hideout
It was far past midnight as Patrick stayed up by himself, jotting down notes into his sidekick as he contemplated a million reasons on why his best friend would up and go out of nowhere. Patrick knew Pete wouldn’t leave without a reason but the possibilities seemed never-ending to why he would take Amber with him.
Nothing made sense anymore as he threw his notebook against the far wall in frustration. Sighing, he got up and walked across the room to pick it up before going back to the desk and writing a note to Pete, in case he returned in the middle of the night. His hand scribbled a whole letter about what he’d discovered out of this whole situation so far and the questions he hadn’t answered. Pete would understand his intentions of wanting to know. Pete wasn’t totally careless and he knew Patrick would be at his end trying to figure everything out…
Patrick was practically asleep on his desk when he heard a strange noise coming from the other side of the lab. Perking himself into a little more alert stance, he asked, “Jess, is that you?”
There wasn’t a response as the sound of silence penetrated his eardrums. Had he really heard anything at all, he wondered to himself as he tiredly went back to his sleepy position.
He was almost to the brink of sleep when there was a sudden crash. As he looked up, he saw that an entire shelf of equipment was knocked over. Patrick was suddenly very creeped out as he shouted, “What’s going on? Who’s in here?”
And then a strong hand snatched him from behind before covering his mouth and dragging him to other side of the lab. Although his screams were muffled, they echoed throughout the lab as the door smashed open and Jess was seen standing in the door way looking very terrified. As she saw Patrick’s body being drug towards the darkest part of the lab, she immediately snarled before leaping towards him.
“Patrick!” she cried as a shadowed figured distracted her from reaching him before he and the form disappeared. Furious, she grabbed the figure as if to throw it onto the floor but was thrown off guard as a hand appeared out of the darkness and smacked her with such powerful force, blood splattered on the wall.

Amber’s POV
They appeared to come out of nowhere, swirling and snarling in their numbers. My heart was ticking like a time bomb as I watched the scene unroll in front of me. Pete dashed in front of me and started ripping holes through the thousands of the bloodsuckers. I could tell by their possessive glowing red eyes that they were much stronger than the types were we used to fighting. Pete knew it too, for his usual graceful fighting composure was completely at a loss as the panic tore out of his throat.
I had always known what to expect when it came to things that appeared unbelievable to the untrained eye…but I had never seen such ferocious behavior in my whole life. It was then when my mortality came to question and I could feel my human flaws pulsing through me in this endless battlefield of death.
I had no more time to think while my hands gripped at the weapons on my sides. In one hand, a gleaming blade of steel so sharp and powerful that it’d slice and dice holes through the thick crowd of vampires. In the other, a gun bronzed with gold and silver tarnish loaded with silver bullets.
I appeared to be moving so slowly as I faced my enemies with dark eyes and no shield to protect me this time. Pete couldn’t be expected to always have to look after me. I’d have to use what I’d learned and not think about the consequences.
With the swish of the blade, my body jolted itself forward through the corpses as they piled up behind me, showering me with their venomous blood before they exploded. Although they were lightning fast, I managed to kill enough of them to break a minor gap in the crowd. Looking up swiftly, I could see Pete engaging in a serious fight of his own, the struggle gritting creases onto his cheeks as the unknown vampire threw him hard onto ground. The impact blew me backwards nearly fifty feet.
Pete wasn’t moving at all. In fact, he looked like he might as well have been run over a million times by a garbage truck and then thrown into a pit of fire. He was covered in the blood of his enemies and most like his own. And I was terrified for him.
Fearfully, I forced myself to look at the monster who’d been able to knock out one of the most powerful vampires I’d known, rendering me literally naked in a field of those who craved my blood. My fear overwhelmed all my senses as I saw the very reason why I had devoted my entire life set for revenge. For a short moment, my entire sensory system had shut off, for there standing in front of me…was my mother.

Standing directly across from me, standing on a high rise platform on the side of the building, was my mother with her familiar dark blonde hair and blue eyes, and a seemingly newly developed powdery white complexion. In the time it took me to get a good look at her, she disappeared from the spot and appeared beside Pete’s body as she spoke, “Thank you for protecting my daughter, I’m sure she’s been a bit of a hassle but I’m sure William will be pleased you salvaged her body.”
Pete’s face cringed painfully as he fought to get up before she stabbed her foot down into his rib cage, the sound of bones cracking echoing as far as I stood watch.
“This can’t be,” I cried out, my emotions from the past four years getting the best of me as I sobbed out, “Y-y-you w-were dead!”
The tears had came out like floods as I nearly dropped to the ground in devastation, “I felt your heart stop beating! He killed you!”
She pursed her lips together as her tireless voice droned out, “Oh, so you do remember…well, to state things lightly, I was always such a stupid human when raising you, and now…I’ve been replenished with power and beauty that I never had as a human. And William just figured the red day is too close to waste such an opportunity to get the family back together.”
So William really did keep his word about mom. I didn’t know how but he somehow brought her back…
“What the hell is Red day?” I asked, bitterly now as my knuckles hardened their solid grasp on the brim of the blade.
A morbid chuckle came escaped her lips as she explained, “Oh, you know. It’s this little day where our family can join up to develop the power to reincarnate out ancestors. But you wouldn’t know anything about that, still being human and all.”
I was so utterly speechless at her sudden revelation in becoming a vampire. My mom used to be my hero. I’d spent so much time trying to be like her in my old life before I was exposed to all this…it was all a waste. It was all part of their plan.
She was a completely different person now…far from ever being my own mother. With those few words, she’d distanced herself out of my heart.
Pete had risen now, semi-crippled in his movements as he dashed over to the woman I once considered my mother. His face was fierce and his eyes were glazed as he bared his white fangs.
That was when suddenly, a torpedo of movement shot out of the building pinning Pete to the far wall and snarling in his face before the two started to fight in a whirling speed of light.
I swallowed my raging courage from before as I muttered, “Dad…”
A creepy giggle came her as she answered, “Yes, I guess you can say we came to compromise on a few things.”
“I hate you so much,” I cried out, whipping my blade into the air as if it were light as a feather. As I lunged forward, her figure disappeared and reappeared, gripping my arms behind my back, “Wait, don’t you want to know what makes you so special?”
What?” I urged before kicking out one of her legs so I could flip her on her back.
“Because you‘ve got Beckett blood pumping through you; it means that mental attacks can‘t do a thing to you. Of course, that won‘t protect you from me,” she emitted before using a wave of her hand to send me flying forty feet crashing into the wall. As I hit it on impact, a bone-chilling screamed burst out of me as the pain paralyzed my entire body.
“I don’t know why you’ve chosen to fight for these people, but your choice is what makes you a traitor. And traitors never live to see another day,” she shouted as she darted towards me and proceeded throwing me around like a rag doll in a blender. Beaten left and right, I crumbled into a pile on the ground as the woman stated, “Oh I wish you could know of the dominance we‘ve created for our kind! The world is not ready for such power! Things are going to change for us!”
She crouched over me hungrily as if to explain more before I took the desired action I should’ve taken a long time ago. With an immediate swing of my weapon, the blade did pierce her hard torso as she stepped back in shock of what had just happened.
“You,” she gasped mid-stumble, “Do you know what you’ve done?”
Using the wall of the building to sturdy my shaken body, I raised myself to a standing position as I glared at her, wiping the remnants of blood from my mouth as I spat, “Yeah, I just put you out of your naivety. You should be thankful.”
With that, she dropped to the ground, weakly chuckling with an unbearably irritating sense, before she panted, “Do you… honestly think …ending me will be the end of your problems? You‘ve got another thing coming!”
She broke into another fit of laughter as I stood dumbfounded by her reaction. Was there something we didn’t know about?
Grinning, she emitted, “Killing me off now won’t save your friend…”
“What are you talking about? Pete’s fine!” I shouted as I watched Pete throw my dad onto the ground.
Looking back at my mother, I saw that she raised her finger in a scolding manner, “Tsk tsk, you assume I’m talking about the brawn and muscle on your team but I‘m talking about the leader of your clan…”
It then occurred to me what she was talking about. She didn’t have to say anymore before it hit me. She was talking about Patrick.
“Pete!” I cried out as my heart lurched to a stop. What would we do if anything had happened to Patrick? The possibilities seemed endless as we discovered what could our biggest mistake ever. Pete then stopped fighting and appeared by my side looking as panicked as I did.
“Go, there’s still time,” my mother laughed out maniacally, mocking our sudden fear. I looked at Pete for a brief moment before we both turned in unison and struck her at the same time. Her corpse still seemed fine as she snickered, “Why waste any more time?”
“Shut the fuck up,” Pete growled as he picked up her corpse and hurled her across the street before we both decided to make a hit and run back to the hideout.
Sign up to rate and review this story