Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thriller

She's My Winona

by -ThisXSecretXNinja- 2 reviews

Hell or Glory...or romance?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-12-28 - Updated: 2008-12-29 - 978 words - Complete

0Unrated
Life's just a pay stub on debt
Only less diligent
And when the two collide
It's no coincidence
The lights are on
And everybody's home


Amber hadn’t said anything more all night as Pete let her rest before their adventure began. But as the morning started to lighten outside, Pete gently woke her as she slept with her head on his shoulder. As her eyes blinked at him, they changed immediately to the refueled terror from before as she asked, “Do we really have to do this?”
Pete grunted a ‘yes’ before eying the light shining barely through the window. Quickly, he stood up and grabbed Amber’s wrist to help her up before pulling her onto his back as they crawled out the window and out onto the streets with lightning fast speed. Amber winced as the speed made it feel like her molecules were disintegrating as her body sparked with electricity pulsing from around her. As the light brightened after merely minutes of running, the smell of burning flesh penetrated the air Amber breathed as she whimpered, “Pete, it’s hurting you!”
A sharp tearing growl ripped out of him as he raced towards an empty warehouse. With one swift pull, the boards bolted off of the door and onto the ground in pieces.
Exhausted, he let her off his back as he collapsed in the most shadowed part of the den. Amber stared at his tiredness like this was one of the strangest things she’d ever seen. He was a vampire, nothing was supposed to down his energy. But the sight of this strong person she’d gotten to know acting tired…almost like a human was just surreal. With immediate action, she skittered down with him as she took a look at his burns.
“These are horrible,” she grimaced at the deep purple and red fleshy wounds that had formed all over his arms and face as she lightly brushed them with her fingertips, “Are you okay?”
“Fine,” he breathed as he laid his head against the solid wall of rock, “It’ll heal in a few minutes.”
“Oh,” Amber said softly, smiling as she emitted, “That’s good. You almost seemed human for a moment.”
Pete chuckled as he looked up at her and then asked seriously, “Would me being human change anything?”
Staring at him confusedly, Amber replied, “Huh?”
Biting his lip gently, he held back a chuckle as he murmured, “Nothing…” before shutting his eyes with a grin on his face.


“Pete?” Amber whispered lowly, even though the sun no longer shone in through the windows as the day turned dimly to night. Eyes still closed, he answered, “Yes?”
“We should go,” she murmured, a little bit embarrassed by his calmness, “I…want to find William.”
“If I had any control over who you are, I’d want you as far away from that savage as possible. But he’s your brother. God, this is like the crime of the century,” he groaned but shrugged nonetheless as he stood up flawlessly with his eyes focused on the exit.
He started to make his way across the large high ceiling warehouse when Amber suddenly stopped and said, “Pete…?”
Turning around, he asked, “What?”
As she exhaled a breath into the chilling night air, she turned a pulled a red scarf out of the backpack. Swallowing nervously, she admitted, “This is really cliché but…there’s a chance we might not make it out of this alive. I want you to have this in case anything happens to me.”
As she made her way towards him, Pete inhaled an unnecessary gulp of air as she wrapped the soft material around his neck. As she pulled herself away from him, he noted her face flushed with pinkish hue as she chuckled timidly.
He didn’t know what came over him, whether it was the reflection of the moon in her eyes or the gleam of her soft blonde hair but some amount of force was pushing him closer to her as he wrapped his arms around her, bringing her closer to him, his eyes never leaving hers as he whispered, “Thank you.”
Amber seemed to be dazed by his gorgeous eyes just staring into her soul. Not even her dreams could come this close in vivid color or quality. This was real.
Pete choked on another breath as he realized the amount of power he had over her. She was gazing at him like she’d just seen a shooting star. Pete let go of her and turned out and started to walk away, a little disgusted at himself for using her immortal ways to his advantage.
“Wait!” she cried almost desperately as she ran to catch up to him, grabbing a tight hold on his hoody sleeve. The second her fingers touched the fabric, he whipped around so fast as his lips crushed onto hers firmly.
She couldn’t move or pull away, even though the truth was she was utterly star-struck. His lips were so soft and gentle, yet they thrived with a burning passion that shocked an electric current through her entire body. Her lips parted as the kiss deepened intensely, while her heart pounded and the butterflies continued fluttering throughout the length of her body. Practically a minute went by though the kiss felt like it’d last forever, as she broke it and backed away with wide eyes.
His taste still lingered in her mouth like a toxin as she bit her lip to keep herself from saying some sarcastically corny comment like, “Did my heart just die or did that seriously just happen?”
“Come on,” Pete’s calm, but surprisingly giddy, voice cut into the silence as she moved back towards him and clambered onto his back as they disappeared with great speed into the darkness.
Sign up to rate and review this story