Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Flipped Turned Upside Down

Things Get Wacko in Waco

by XxLiveyourlifExX 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2009-01-22 - Updated: 2009-01-23 - 1479 words

0Unrated
Things Get Wako in Waco…

In the morning when my alarm went off I heard a groan from my floor. I looked down to see Patrick lying on my floor with a pillow over his head. “Turn it off!” his muffled voice came through the pillow.

“Oh sorry.” I said flipping the switch. “Why are you on my floor?”

“I told you last night that Evan sent me in here, you said it was fine last night…” he said groggily.

“Oh,” I said getting up, “Well I’ve got to get going, and so do you.”

“Kay,” he grunted and flopped himself onto the bed.

I continued to get ready. While I was eating my customary bowl of Fruit Loops Evan, Joe, and Patrick came into
the kitchen.

“Oh my goodness, Ev, I thought it was against your religion to be up before 11 a.m. And its only 8 in the morning!” He just grunted at me. I finished my cereal and I rinsed my bowl and left it in the sink. “I gotta go to work, call me if you need anything!” and I left.

Work was alright, pretty slow, as usual. “Hello, Color Me Mine, Frisco. This is Lauren. How can I help you?” Pause, “What is the last name? Carey? Ok. Please hold and I’ll go check.” I walked to the back of the store and came back a few seconds later and picked up the phone. “Yes ma’am it’s all packed up and ready to go. We’re open until 9 tonight so anytime you want to come pick it up is fine. Yes ma’am. Thank you. Goodbye.” I hung up the phone.

“What was that about?” asked Jessica, my bestest work friend.

“’Is my piece ready yet??’ I hate that…we write a date on the receipt for a reason.” I said a little frustrated.

“Eh, people are stupid.”

It was only 11:30 and we were bored. Thankfully our boss called and gave us some samples to paint. My phone rang some time between 12 and 1. “Do you mind?” I asked Jess.

“No problem.”

I walked to the back of the store to the kiln room. “Hello.”

“Hey Laur.”

“Hey Evan, how’s it going?”

“Well we have an unexpected surprise…”

“Yes?”

“Well, Patrick’s cousin, she’s going to jail…”

“Oh that’s terrible.”

“And she’s got kids…”

“Oh no…”

“And Patrick’s now their official guardian.”

“Wow…”

“I know. We don’t know what to do…”

“Well you’ll bring him to the house.”

“It’s a girl.”

“How old is she?”

“Four.”

“Well bring her home and we can figure something out, ok? I’ll get off work in a few minutes and go to the store and make sure we have food for a toddler. Is Patrick ok?”

“I’m not sure.”

“Well tell him everything is going to be ok. Call me if you need anything.”

“Ok.”

“Ju, Ev.”

“Ju, Laur.”

I hung up the phone.

“What the hell is ‘Ju?’” Jessica asked.

“When my mom taught special ed she had this kid who always said ‘ju’ instead of ‘I love you’ so we’ve used it since.”

“Cute,” she said, “What’s going on? You sounded a little upset, is Evan ok?”

“Ya, he’s fine, I’m not sure what’s going on, but when I do I’ll let you know ok.”

“Sure.”

1 o’clock rolled around and I signed out and waved goodbye to Jess. I stopped at Kroger and picked up some fruit and other toddler food. I got home at 2 and found Pete sunbathing in my front yard. Well I didn’t find him, I found a crowd of girls on my sidewalk. I had to honk to pull in the driveway. I recognize some of them as my friends’ little sisters and girls I knew from the high school. I got out of my car to yell at Pete and shoo the girls away. He had on headphones…”Pete you have to go inside.”

“Huh?” he said turning off his music. He looked at the now screaming girls around him as if he hadn’t noticed them before.

“Go inside.” He got up and did as he was told. I stood up on his now abandoned lawn chair. “HEY!” I yelled waiting for them to get quite. “Now I don’t know how you found him, probably it was his own fault, but you guys can’t hang around here. Most of you guys know my older brother Evan is involved in the music business, but they’re on a much needed break and I’m sure they would appreciate it if you guys would let them breathe.” The crowd let out a groan. “I know it sucks, but they’re on vacation. Thanks guys. Have a good day.”

I hopped down, folded the lawn chair with a snap and marched into the house. “DUDE?! What are you thinking?”

“What?” Pete asked innocently.

“I don’t want your crazy fangirls crawling all over my house.” I sighed defeated by his stupid grin, “Couldn’t you have at least gone into the backyard?”

“At least he had a bathing suit on,” Andy said with a smirk.

I did not want to even think about the riot it would have caused if a naked Pete Wentz was on my front lawn.

After I unloaded the groceries I decided I should tell the guys what was coming. “So Patrick, Joe, and Evan will be bringing a little girl back with them.”

“What?!” Andy and Pete both responded.

“Well, it turns out Patrick’s cousin was put in jail, and Patrick was made her child’s guardian.”

Silence met my words so I continued on, “They’re bringing the kid here, so I’m gonna lay down some ground rules ok? First, no swearing around the girl. She’s only four. Second, no violent tv when she’s awake, once again she’s little and it’ll probably scare her. No smoking around her period, she doesn’t need that, and the drinking will probably be down to a minimum too. Okay?”

They nodded. I went off to make her a bed in my room and pull out Evan and my old toys. I was wiping the dust off of them in the kitchen when Pete came up without saying a word and took a wet paper towel and began to wipe the dust off of one of my old dolls. Looking out the window I saw Andy hosing off an old tricycle he must have found in the garage, and I smiled to my self. After a while I got another phone call.

“Hello.”

“Hey Laur, the kid won’t stop crying. What do we do?”

I could hear a baby’s wail through the phone. “A four year old shouldn’t cry like that.”

“No it’s the baby boy…”

“There’s a baby?!”

“Ya…the social worker showed up right before we left with this little boy…”

“Ok that’s a whole different thing. Do you have a bottle?”

“No.”

“A pacifier?”

“No…”

“Clean diapers?”

“No…”

“Okay, you need to stop at a Wal-Mart or something ok. How old’s the baby?”

“Nine months.”

“Ok, you need formula, Carnation makes single servings like the crystal light drinks…they’re in a pink package. You need a bottle, and a battery powered bottle heater and some distilled water. Are you writing this down?”

“Ummm yes…”

“Ok also get some diapers, just and eight pack, we’ll get a better deal up here later…he’s probably about a size 4. And baby wipes. Pampers. Also buy a pacifier. Ask the little girl what her favorite tv show is. Make sure its like Dora the Explorer or something and buy her a video and let her watch it in the car, ok? And Gerber I think makes little snacks for kids. You know that yellow canister Renee always has for the kids? Ask her favorite flavor and get it.”

“Ok…”

“Change his diaper first and if he doesn’t stop crying make a bottle. You probably want to start the water warming when you change the diaper, so it’s ready. You pour the formula in the bottle and shake it up. Squirt it on your wrist to see if it’s too hot. You got all that?”

“Ya, I think so.”

“Ok call me if you have any trouble.”

“Kay, after our stop we should only be about an hour and half from home.”

“Alright, Ju, Ev.”

“Ju, Laur.”

We hung up and I sank into a kitchen chair with my head in my hands.

“What is it?” Andy asked concerned.

“There’s a baby.”

Pete dropped the Hot Pocket he was eating. “Shit.”

___________________________________
A/N: love it? hate it? tell me about it =)
Sign up to rate and review this story