Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Broken Wings

Broken Wings

by ILuvTracii 1 review

Vanessa is the ex. wife of Axl Rose who cheated on him with Duff McKagan two years ago while Axl and Vanessa were married. When Axl invites her backstage and they rekindle their flame and get re-en...

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] [V] [X] - Published: 2009-01-22 - Updated: 2009-01-23 - 2577 words - Complete

0Unrated
Prologue
Vanessa walked through the throng of people, trying to find her old husband at a Gun N' Roses concert. A guy came up to her. "Are you Vanessa Hudson?" He asked.
"Yes."
He handed her a backstage pass. "What's this?" She asked him, confused.
"It's a ticket into your husband's bed."
"He is not my husband, I do not like him and I haven't seen him since we divorced, and why in the hell do I need a backstage pass to see him?"
He pointed up on stage. "Cause for what I understand, he wants you to come backstage." He said. Her mouth fell open.
"Exactly." He said.
"Good luck. I guess you'll need it." He added as she weakly took the backstage pass from him.
Reconciled Love
When she finally found the door to the backstage, she handed the woman at the door, her pass. The woman looked at it, nodded and handed it back to her. She walked over to the guy that had his back to her, talking with Slash and Steven.
He had the same long auburn hair and brown eye's. He wore Levi jeans with the knees cut out, a white shirt, brown cowboy boots, a tan cowboy hat, and a black leather jacket.
Slash, her brother, looked at her and smiled, still listening to Axl. Other than that he did nothing to suggest that she was even there. "I still see jeans make your ass look good Axl." She said. He turned around. She smiled and he nodded.
"Yeah I still get that a lot 'Nessa." He told her quietly.
"He still looks the same." She thought. "I knew that I shouldn't have come. He's still probably pissed off at me for cheating on him with Duff. Not even his eyes hold any warmth for me anymore."
"Oh Axl, I'm so sorry." She said as she hugged him.
"You came for once. How many free concert tickets did I have to send you in the last month?" He asked her. She laughed and shrugged,
"Yeah, don't take it the wrong way Axl, but I just had nothing better to do this time." She shrugged. He laughed. A smile would still not come onto his face.
"No husband, no boyfriend, no one to keep you company this time?" He asked. She shook her head.
"None whatsoever." She said. "So I'm all yours for once in your life."
He raised his eyebrows and put his arm around her neck. He finally smiled and she wanted to melt into a puddle at his feet. She always loved his rare smile. It always made her want to melt. The problem was that he just didn't smile enough.
"Good . . . " he muttered as he leaned in smiling, and his lips met hers.
While they were in highschool, Vanessa was always the goodie-two shoes with a loving family. Axl, growing up Pentecostal and in a very tight knit family, rebelled and was on the brink of becoming the ultimate hottie/bad boy. When they got into senor year, one of Vanessa’s friends introduced her to metal and she transformed into the ultimate metal chick.
At that time, Axl was completely ignoring all the other girls and being questioned of being gay, but when she transformed, he couldn’t take his eyes off her. You can imagine how much jealousy that earned her when the whole school learned they were going steady and that he wasn’t gay to began with.
They had a rated PG-13 relationship and were well on their way to becoming a rated NR/AO when they got out of highschool, but Vanessa’s beloved father suddenly died and their relationship kind of fell apart. In a desperate attempt to save their relationship, Axl proposed to her.
They got married in a spring Carribean wedding but after Axl tried to comment suicide after he found her and his band mate, Duff in bed together, she filed for a divorce. The divorce was annulled after they figured out Vanessa was going to have Axl’s baby. Vanessa had a miscarriage in her second trimester which launched Axl into a deep depression. That was when he was the one that filed for a divorce. She didn’t get a penny of his cash but he did dedicate a few songs to her.
“That was a phenomenal concert guys. I got a headache from all the head banging I did.” She said when they broke apart. Slash laughed. “I mean Slash was acting like his normal idiot self and Axl was being Axl. It was great.”
“Goddammit, Axl worked us to the fucking bone. He worked us like dogs. Vanessa I don’t think you should have had an affair, he takes all his anger out on us.” Slash said.
“Oh brother, I bet it wasn’t that bad.”
“I guess it was pretty bad. I-I guess I did work them a little too hard.” Axl confessed quietly.
“Hey guys where are we going to eat at, I’m fucking starved? Oh hey Vanessa.” Duff said as he finished putting away his bass and came over to join them. She looked away.
Vanessa didn’t look at him because she was afraid that if she saw him she would fall back in love with him like she did. Duff stood a stunning 6"5' tall and had long blonde hair and blue eyes. He played the Bass and was the one that got the most groupies.
“Hey Duff.” She muttered. He bowed his head but then looked back up.
“Well let me know where we’re going to eat at when you guys decide, I’m going to see if Izzy needs help with anything.” he said coldly as he turned and walked over to Izzy.
“I’m so sorry Duff.” she thought.
“Hungry?” Axl asked her, completely ignoring what had just happened. She shrugged,
“Speaking of it, I’m not very hungry either.” he said upon seeing the look on her face.
“No, No. You guys go eat. You guys have been playing and singing for four hours, you guys deserve to eat.” she insisted.
“Then come with us . . .” Steven said, rolling his eyes. She smiled and looked down
“Yeah, but, and this may sound stupid, but I don’t want to be seen as a groupie again.” she told them and they all laughed. “I mean I been through all that when I was married to Axl, and Tommy Lee, and Bret and Tracii, I just don’t want to be seen like that again.”
“So what? That’s all the press needs. A good kick in the ass. Let them know I’m not available anymore again.” Axl laughed.
“Fine, but you guys are paying though, I’m broke.” she laughed as she crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked away.

“Oh my God! Its Guns N’ Roses!” The fans screamed as they got out of the limo and began walking down the red carpet towards the restaurant. Axl had his arm around Vanessa’s shoulders and Vanessa was getting mean glares from the women in the crowd. She would bet anything they were sore at her for getting back with Axl.
Slash and Duff were already giving some people their autographs, Duff had his arm around his beautiful Playboy Playmate girlfriend, Alicia Stone; and for some reason, Vanessa was feeling insanely jealous. Duff looked at her and smiled a small smile. She quickly looked back ahead, blushing.
Axl went over and signed a couple of autographs, the women giving Sydney an evil look while telling Axl how great he was along the way. They walked into the restaurant and they were seated in a nearby booth in the VIP section.
Slash’s cell phone rang a couple of minutes later. He flipped it opened and put it to his ear. “Hello? Oh hey baby. No I can’t come home now, me and the boys are out eating. Yes I know its 10:30 babe.” he said, annoyed into his cell phone. He rolled his eyes, said goodbye and then flipped it close.
“That was Renee. She wants me to come home.” he said sarcastically as he put it in his back jeans pocket.
“Well go home then. Your band isn’t the only thing that needs your loving.” Izzy joked and Slash nodded. He stood up, took a swig of his beer, hugged Vanessa and then walked out the door.
They all ordered their food, ate, paid the bill then walked outside a few hours later. Most of the fans had already cleared out by the time they came out which was a really big relief. While they were waiting for the limo to show up, Axl turned his head to face Vanessa.
“You uh, want to go back to my place.” he asked her hesitantly and Alicia, Izzy and Steven were looking at them, grins on their faces. Duff however, looked away, ignoring them. She grinned, bit her lip and put her arm around Axl’s waist. She looked at him and he smiled and raised his eyebrows.
“Well, if you don’t say yes, I have groupies that I can gave fun with.” he joked.
“Wow that makes me feel better Axl. You know what, I think I will.” she said. He laughed, picked her up like he did on their wedding day and twirled her around.
“Oh, we’re going to have fun tonight baby. The night’s young.” he yelled. Alicia, Steven and Izzy laughed as Axl put Vanessa down; Duff determined to ignore them.

Axl ran his hand down her back. They were making out of his bed until Vanessa drew apart. “What’s wrong.” he asked her and she leaned forward and grinned.
“I think we should go all the way this time. No dead father and no suicide threat from you to slow us down this time.” she said, grinning.
“Well I think, not that my opinion matters much in a situation like this, but I think we should treat it like it was our honeymoon again. But hey I’m a guy.” he said. She smiled as he leaned in and kissed her, French. She pulled away.
He hadn’t done that in such a long time, it surprised her on how daring he was tonight. How far would he push the line? After all, Axl did like to out do himself in bed, regardless if he was in a bad mood or not.
“What now?” he asked, smiling and laughing a little.
“I’m fine my heart’s just pounding that’s all. Remember we haven’t done this in a long time.” she confessed.
“Then let me feel your heart Vanessa.” he said as he kissed both sides of her neck. He brought his hands to her breasts. But then suddenly they were at the bottom of her baby tee, gliding underneath and coming up to her bra. She couldn’t help but get tense. He laughed as he broke apart.
“Easy girl.” he laughed. “Relax, your used to me, you know that. Please quit acting like its going to hurt. You know it ain’t just tell yourself it ain’t.”
She relaxed. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her up into a kneeling position in front of him. He kissed her neck and then slipped his hands underneath the elastic material of her baby tee and pulled it over her head.
She felt a rush of heat just before he brought his lips to hers again. She moaned as he brought his lips to her breast. She felt the rush of excitement. She felt the tip of his tongue explore. She felt his lips on her nipple and she felt herself sinking back, her hands running through his long auburn hair. His arms around her waist and the back of her shoulders as he kissed her neck.

Vanessa’s cell phone rang on his bedside table later that night. She flipped back her hair. “Shit who the fuck is calling?” She groaned as she flipped it open and put it too her ear.
“Hello?”
“Hey baby.” Her husband’s voice greeted her. She turned her head and swore.
“Shit one minute.” She huffed into the phone. She could hear her husband tell her okay before turning her head to look at Axl.
“Axl take five for a minute.” She said her breath shallow. He nodded and fell back as Vanessa laid her head on his pillow, beside Axl. Axl grinned and put his arm over her bare chest. She put the phone back to her ear.
“Hey w-what’s wrong? Is Brandon alright?” She asked into the phone worriedly.
“You didn’t come home is everything alright? Brandon’s been asking where you are.” He asked.
“Yeah, everything’s peachy. Um, I and Slash went for some food and we crashed at a motel after the concert. Tell-tell Brandon I’ll be home in the morning.” She said. She felt a little guilty. Axl was breathing shallowly in her ear; the sound was making her hormones go insane.
“Who’s that?”
“No one it’s just the TV. Slash is watching some porno show on HBO and I’m trying to get some sleep, the damn asshole.” She said into the phone, laughing a little. He laughed a little too.
“What motel are you guys staying at?” He asked. Her heart skipped a beat.
“I-its okay Tommy. You don’t have to come here. I-I’ll be okay I promise. If anything happens I’ll tell Slash to drop me off right away. She reassured him.
“Well okay, see you in the morning.”
“Yeah bye honey.” She said as she snapped it shut and returned it to the bedside table.
She bit her lip and turned her head to look at Axl. “Now where were we before we were rudely interrupted?” She asked him and he grinned.

“Well does that qualify as honeymoon material?” She said. Sunlight was streaming in through the windows.
“Hell yeah.” He laughed as he sat up in bed and rubbed his face with his hands. The sheet was barely covering his bottom half and his long auburn hair was messy. She leaned on one arm and looked at him.
“That was great Axl.” she said. “Hat got in the way a little bit but other than that, it was great.” He smiled and laughed a little as he nodded to her.
“Who was that that called you last night?” he asked her and she rolled her eyes.
“My shitty, rich, controlling husband.”she said as she fell back onto his pillow. He grinned and one of his eyebrows rose.
“So I guess I’m the one your having an affair with huh?” he told her. She looked at him.
“I guess you can put it that way without putting it meanly.” she told him.
“God I’m tired.” he yawned as he fell back onto his pillow.
“We can go to sleep but I have to leave as soon as we wake up.” she said. He turned his head to look at her. His eyes full of love and mischievousness.
“No you don’t. Stay as long as you want. Your always welcome here. For all I know and don’t care to know right now, you’re my wife again.”
Sign up to rate and review this story