Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Broken Wings

Broken Hearts and Unrequited Love

by ILuvTracii 0 reviews

Vanessa leaves Axl to go back home to her husband and son (mainly her son) who harbors a secret she's tried over the years to keep secret from everyone; and calls a certain blonde haired musician ....

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-01-23 - Updated: 2009-01-24 - 2545 words - Complete

1Original
“I love you.” Vanessa said heavily as she kissed Axl. He was leaning up against one of his wrap around porch’s columns, drinking a steaming cup of coffee.
“I love you too Vanessa.” He said quietly as he wrapped his free arm around her waist and kissed her. He nestled his face in her shoulder and hair and kissed the hallow of her neck. His kiss made the blood rush back to her neck and she lightly pressed on his shoulders.
“Don’t go, please don’t go Vanessa.” He murmured.
“I have to though.” She said.
“No you don’t. Leave him and come back to me, please.” He told her. She kissed him again before she began to walk out to the waiting cab. She turned around while still walking and waved to him before she blew him a kiss.
“Don’t worry, it was great! And call me while your at it too!” She yelled back at him and he grinned and waved.
“Thanks, hadn’t heard that in a long time.” He yelled back and bit his lip before retreating back into his mansion.
“Where are you running off to girlie?” The cab driver with a heavy Brooklyn accent asked as Vanessa got in. She stood back up and looked back up to Axl’s mansion.
“I’m not running from anything or anyone, for that matter, except my husband. That man right there, I love him more than anything in the world; I’m just going back home to my son.” She replied as she got into the cab. The cab driver shut the door and then got into the passengers seat. He cut on the engine and started to go down the driveway.
She gazed out the back of the cab’s window back at the house. “Don’t worry Axl, I’ll be back. I can promise you that. I won’t leave you hanging ever again. You’re the only one that can heal these wings that someone left broken a long time ago . . .”

“Mommy!” Brandon yelled as he came running down the sidewalk and into her arms.
“Hey baby.” She said as she bent down so Brandon could run into her arms. She picked him up and hugged him, a broad smile on her face. She grinned and smoothed back his dirty blonde hair where she kissed him on the cheek. He looked so much like his father it was pathetic. “I missed you so much baby, did you know that?” She asked him as she hugged him tightly. Her husband, Tommy came up to her, a slight smile on his face and his hands shoved down in his front pockets.
Tommy Perry was a CEO of a multi-billion dollar company. They smiled at each other but before he could lean in and kiss her, her cell phone rang. “Saved by the ring thank God.” She thought as she flipped it open and looked at the caller I.D. “I’m sorry Tommy, but have to take this call.” She said as she put down Brandon and rushed into their bedroom where she shut the door. Tommy pushed open the door a crack, just enough to hear her. Vanessa had the cell phone on speaker phone while she hurriedly unpacked her clothes.
“I said I just got here.” She said and he could hear the person on the other end sigh.
“Vanessa when can I see you again?” Her husband seized up. He knew that voice. He heard it on E! news once. It was Axl Rose, her ex. Husband.
“I don’t know, I just need enough to get my husband off my tail, then I promise we can see each other again.”
“Good, after last night, I just can’t get you out of my mind you know. It was just that fucking wonderful.” He told her, laughing a little and she smiled.
“How stupid was I? The sound was coming from the TV, how fucking unrealistic.” He thought angrily. “I should have never let her go. I should have known if she and Axl saw each other again, they would try and reconcile their relationship, and I was right. She went off and fucked the guy last night!”
“Yeah I know it was just like our honeymoon again.” She replied and he sighed again.
“Look, I have to go, the guys are at the door, I’ll call you back later.” He said.
“Thanks Axl, I’ll probably need to hear your voice by the end of the day.” She said and he laughed on the other line.
“I love you Vanessa,”
“Yeah, I love you too baby and call me again later.” She said as she flipped the phone shut. Her husband leaned against the wall.
“She was with her brother at a motel last night huh?” He snorted. He opened the door in a falsely cheerful way. Luckily she was too busy to even notice.
“I’m glad your home sweetie. So, how was the concert?” He asked her. She nodded and smiled at him.
“It was awesome. I got Axl, Steven, all of their autographs. It was cool. I didn’t need Slash’s of course, since he’s my brother.” She said, rolling her eyes and grinning. “Hell, I could get his anytime I wanted.”
“Who was that on the phone dear?” He asked her casually and she hesitated right in the middle of putting one of her shirts in a dresser drawer.
“It was Slash. He wanted to see if I got home alright. He’s really protective over me. You know how older brothers are.” She told him and he nodded his head.
“Tommy what’s wrong?”
He felt his heart breaking. “Nothing . . . nothings wrong.” he reassured her. “What did I do wrong to make her run off with him again? For Christ’s sake, he beat her and tried to comment suicide and then two years later, she fucks him again. Is he that good in bed?”
“I’m just going to get dinner ready, take your time unpacking.” He said weakly and she smiled and nodded.
“I loved you baby.” He said quietly as he left their bedroom. She closed her eyes to let out a sigh and immediately seized up. She just got a flashback of her and Duff when he said that.
She saw Duff lifting up his head to throw back his long blonde hair that was in his face and she lifted her head up to kiss him. How she held his face in her hands and kissed him and how he kissed her back with such passion and romance that it hurt just to think about Axl not knowing.
How thunder illuminated the room. How it illuminated him top of her, his hair falling over them like a dirty blonde curtain. While she was with Duff, Axl was completely erased from her mind. Duff didn’t hurt like Axl did. How he held her so tightly after and how he never turned his back to her after like she was some common street whore like Axl did.
Her heart was beating so fast as she laid in his strong arms, feeling the gentle rise and fall of his chest and listening to his rapid heartbeat beat in his chest. She had a husband but Duff was just so tempting. Just the thought of her, getting a second chance from Duff was just so damn tempting. He offered her his heart again and she stupidly didn’t take it.
She practically ran over to her home phone and quickly dialed Duff’s phone number. It rang four times before she heard his phone pick-up and his voice come on the other line.
“Hello?”
She took a deep breath and let it out. “Hey Duff, it’s me.” She said quietly. He was silent for a while and she felt the space between them become so tense, you could cut it with a chainsaw.
“Why are you calling me Vanessa? Why are you even giving me the time of day right now?”
She sighed and lay down on the bed. “Duff I was . . . thinking about you.” She said. “No that’s not it, I was thinking about us.”
“I thought you told me that you never wanted to see my face ever again.” He said coldly. “Vanessa I loved you and you broke my heart. Hell, I think I still love you.”
She put her hand to her forehead. “I’m sorry Duff. I should never have told you that. You were the only guy that had the guts to give me comfort when Axl was on a rampage.” She said. “Duff I loved you then and I love you now.”
“You don’t mean that.” he said. “I worked my ass off to please you every time we were in bed together and I showered you with my love and then you turned around and stabbed me in the back when I was at my most vulnerable.”
“Duff I-”
“Vanessa don’t even try and deny it.” He snapped. “You’re a bitch for what you done to me and stupid fucking me still wants to love you, still wants to hold you and still wants to . . . to kiss you all over and-and make love to you and try out Tantric sex position number three! Stupid I still want to do all these intimate things to you when I know in my heart that I’m afraid that you’ll deceive me again. I feel like, y-you’ll just thrust me away when your sad and angry when really, I would die for you and you have no idea how much it hurts to see you in the arms of another man after I made love to you so many times and after I pined for you when you didn’t come to me.”
“Then do it Duff.” She said. “What I should be saying is, if you want to reconcile our relationship, just name the place, the time, and I’ll be there.”
“Dammit Vanessa why do you always have to be putting me down? You won’t show up, you’ll let me down again. Hell you’ll probably be with Axl. It was never enough just to hold you; it was never enough just to please you, baby, it was never enough.” He told her. “All the time, you didn’t give a damn about how I felt. It never occurred to you that while we were at a bar and you and Axl showed up and when he leaned in to kiss you; it never occurred to you that it killed me inside.”
“Duff shut up.” She said, sitting up and suddenly angry. “How could you even say that? For your information, the only way I could kiss Axl, the only way I could have sex with Axl, was to imagine you in his place. To imagine you were the one I was kissing, you were the one I was making love to.”
“Vanessa, I have to go . . .”
“Duff please, don’t leave me hanging.” She said, tears starting to fall down her cheeks. “Duff, I need you right now.”
“Vanessa I needed you too, and you abandoned me, but for some reason, I don’t want to do to you what you did to me, even though you kinda deserve it.” He said. “But Vanessa, I have a girlfriend, I can’t be doing this.”
He hung up the phone and she let the sobs come freely as she buried her face in her pillow and as she allowed the phone to drop to the floor. She sat on the edge of the bed and dialed Axl’s number.
He picked up the phone on the second ring. “Hello?”
“Axl . . . I’ll be there by Wednesday.”

Axl opened the door and smiled. He opened his arms and she fell into them. He kissed her and it seemed eons until they broke apart. “You’re early.” He said, smiling as he put his arms around her. She smiled up at him and shook her head.
“I’m not too early Axl.”
“What excuse did you give your husband then in order for you to come early?” He asked her, and his eyebrows rose.
“I pretended to be on the phone talking to Slash. I pretended to be all shocked and when I got off the phone he asked me what was wrong, I told him I had to leave.” She told him.
“And why did you have to leave?”
“I told him that my mother was sick and I had to go to her.” She told him. He smiled.
“Clever excuse Vanessa.”
“I know, so I can stay as long as my mother’s illness is still acting up.”
He pretended to look shocked. “Wow. That could be for years.” He laughed and she laughed along with him.

“Hello?”
“Hey baby.” Vanessa said into the phone.
“Oh hey Vanessa, how’s your mother?” He asked her worriedly.
“She died this morning.” She lied into the phone.
“Oh no I’m so sorry Vanessa.” He told her. She smiled a weak smile. She hated lying to people but if it meant being able to be with Axl she would lie till she died.
“Its okay, we didn’t get along very well. She left me a mansion in her will, so I’m going to be a few more weeks. She didn’t take care of the house so you know what I mean. So you know the drill. I need an army of maids, gardeners, repairmen.” She told him.
“Oh yeah I know what you mean, stay as long as you like. Are you going to stay for the funeral?” He asked her.
“Oh yes I have to, I mean all the family and close friends stand up and make a speech. So that should be fun.” She told him. He laughed a little.
“Well I have to go, me and Brandon are going to the movies.” He said.
“Oh how nice.”
“Yeah we were going to go see some movie he wanted to see.”
Vanessa smiled. “Yeah okay, give him my love.” She told him.
“I will, love you . . .”
“. . . Bye.” She said as she hung up the phone. Axl looked at her from where he was laying down on the couch, watching VH1 Classic’s, Metal Mania.
“I want to see this mansion your dead mother left you; maybe I’ll move out of this shithole and into it instead.” He joked.
“It was an excuse just so he would get out of my hair and I could stay with you as long as I wanted and you know it.” She told him.
“Does he know? Does he suspect anything?” He asked her and she shook her head.
“Not that I know of. If he does know something, he’s not confronting me about it.” She told him as she sat down beside him and he kissed her.
“Let’s try and make it stay like that.” He whispered to her. “I don’t need anymore drama in my life Vanessa. It’ll kill me.”
Sign up to rate and review this story