Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Broken Wings

Close Calls

by ILuvTracii 0 reviews

in which Axl and Vanessa are almost caught by Vanessa's husband

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-01-24 - Updated: 2009-01-24 - 1168 words - Complete

0Unrated
They heard a crash of thunder. The once light blue sky now had dark clouds rolling in and everything seemed much darker than the afternoon had told them earlier. Axl grinned at her and he grabbed her hand and pulled her out of his bedroom. She laughed and allowed him to pull her along.
“Where are we going?” She asked and he grinned.
“You’ll see.” He replied. He pushed the screen door open that led to his huge and spacious backyard. The grass was as green as a Granny Smith apple and tree’s were strewn across the yard. A dirt path led to another field in the distance with a stone Arch above the entrance.
The rain was splattering against the yard and foliage, turning everything a more soothing, darker color. He pulled her out into the rain. They stood there for a minute in silence. He smiled. She laughed, and then gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.
"Bet you can't catch me!" she said in glee.
"Oh I bet I can!" He laughed as he ran after her. She turned a sharp corner, ditching him, and then ran behind an oak tree, fighting back fits of laughter before he stuck his head back around the tree.
"Boo." He said. She gave a shriek of laughter. He walked over until he was in front of her. He pinned her hands above her aganist the tree and kissed her. Her heart was beating fast and hard against her breasts as he let go of her arms and lifted her up instead. Her legs were on either side of his waist and she could just imagine the look on her husband's face if he could see them right now.
As if speaking of the devil, they heard a car drive up in the driveway. Axl broke away and walked inside, Vanessa behind him. They looked out the window and saw Vanessa's husband get out of the car.
"Oh shit." Vanessa moaned. "How in the world did he figure out I was here?!"
"No, No calm down." Axl told her, immediately guessing who it was. "All we do is not answer the door and he'll go away."
Vanessa shook her head. "No he won't, you don't know him like I do! My car’s in the driveway," She moaned out in a small voice and he rolled his eyes and groaned. She could mentally see him thinking, Smart Vanessa, when I got a garage
"Look just answer the door, it'll all be fine. Just pretend this is the house that your mother left you."
"I can't Axl, I'm too scared." She told him.
“You want me to open the door without my shirt on and my pants halfway unbuttoned?” He asked. She shook her head and went to the door right when the bell rang. Axl planted himself against the wall near to the door and she opened the door.
“Hey babe.”
“Hey, how are things going?” He asked her and she casually looked over at Axl. He nodded urgently.
“I’m doing fine.” She said, turning to look back at him. “Well no offense Tommy, but I got to go, lots of things to do.” She said quickly, trying to shut the door. He put his foot in the path of the closing door and she mentally panicked a little.
“Can I come in?” He asked and Axl rolled his eyes.
“I-I don’t think so Tommy. Things aren’t so good looks wise. Termites have chewed up everything; some of the floor has been rotted out in some places. Even the ceiling’s fallen out in one place. Tommy it looks like hell in here, I’m going to be here for a while. She didn’t really take care of the place.” She told him. Axl looked away, looking insulted.
“My house does not look like hell.” He mouthed. She looked at Tommy and smiled a fake smile as she kicked Axl in the leg. He grunted and rubbed his sore leg, shooting her a glare in the meanwhile.
"Now can you get your foot out of the way please?” She demanded. He pulled his foot out of the way, looking hurt. “Look, Tommy its just that . . . I don’t know I . . . got a lot of shit to do around this place, it’ll take a couple of weeks.” She explained. Axl grinned and nodded his head in approval. She held her leg back in warning to Axl.
“Okay babe just take it easy okay?” He said and she smiled and nodded at him.
“Don’t worry I will.” She told him. They smiled at each other until Vanessa slowly and silently closed the door.
“Good lie.” Axl praised when the door was closed and Tommy’s car started up.
“Sometimes you need the lies more than the truth.” She told him as she walked from the room. Axl raised his eyebrows and fallowed her.

Axl yawned as yet another flash of thunder streaked across the cloudy evening. They were sitting on the back part of his wrap around porch drinking beers and listening to the crickets and fireflies light up the evening air. “I’m tired as hell.” He yawned.
“How tired.” She asked. He grinned and shook his head.
“Not that tired baby.”
“You look like it. You look like you just got dragged through hell and back,” She laughed and he grinned.
“I have.” he said quietly. “Its not that unfamiliar to me-”
“It’s getting late Axl, we should probably crash for the night.” She said, interrupting him as she got up and walked into the house. She appeared a couple of minutes later, poking her head out the screen door.
“Coming?” She asked him as she stuck her head out the screen door. He nodded and smiled a small smile. “I’ll be right there baby.”
He came in a few minutes later to find her lying on her side watching some TV show. He lay down behind her and kissed her neck, his thumb rubbing her nipple.
“What are you watching?” He asked her and she shrugged.
“Just some stupid TV show, there’s nothing on.” She said as she cut off the TV and let the remote fall to the bed. She turned her head and kiss him. He took her hand that was lying on the bed in front of her.
“Have you ever thought about having kids?” She asked him casually. He looked at her thoughtfully.
“I never really sat down and thought about it. The woman I really wanted to settle down with and have kids with was you. I was ready to have kids when you were pregnant. When you got pregnant and had your miscarriage that wounded me deeply.” He told her.
“Hypothetically, what if I told you that I had a baby already?” She said. He looked at her for a long moment,
“Then I’ll have to call you liar,”
Sign up to rate and review this story