Categories > Original > Fantasy > Liku Legends

The Lost Soul Ch.6- The Cleansing

by MazzusKeesaji 0 reviews

Iku has been captured by the townspeople. He must find a way to free himself before the high priest does something that will change Iku forever.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-01-24 - Updated: 2009-01-24 - 1201 words

0Unrated
Iku slowly began to open his eyes. As he gained consciousness he realized that he was in shackles and was strapped to a table. Several townspeople were surrounding him. Some with weapons in their hands, others with looks of fear and hatred on their faces. Some had looks of concern...borderline sympathy.
The people started whispering as Iku began to come-to. An elderly man wearing a white robe slowly walked towards the table Iku was on. "What is going on? Why am I tied to this damn table? Let me go now!" Iku said forcefully as he began trying to break free from the chains and get off of the table. "You cannot be freed until your spirit is freed of the darkness that clouds it and constricts your heart." The old man said as he stood next to the table Iku was on. He then began praying as he laid his hands on Iku's head and heart. "Don't bother old man. You won't be able to help me. This is my choice. This is my destiny. You won't be able to 'save' me. Not like I need to be saved anyway." Iku continued to struggle to free himself. Some of the links of the chains were worn down and easily broke. "Your heart is heavy. You are conflicted. Your evil actions are tearing you apart. Your body and soul want to be freed, but you refuse to let go of the darkness. To keep living you must be saved and cleansed. The darkness has spread too much through your body and spirit. If it consumes you completely then your life will end." One of the man's assistants said as the old man continued to pray. "What you idiots fail to realize is this: I DON'T NEED TO BE SAVED!! This is my destiny. I chose this path. I chose this darkness. I cannot be saved! I must fulfill my destiny. I must become the greatest Dark Saiyora of all time!" Iku snarled as he looked at the assistant and then to the old man who was still praying. The townspeople all had looks of fear on their faces. Iku's name began being whispered. He smirked as he began to hear some of the people telling the tales of what he had done. “All of that pales in comparison to what I am going to do to all of you if you don’t let me go right now!” Iku yelled as he again tried to break free. The old man ignored Iku’s struggling and continued to pray. His assistant also started praying. “You fools can pray all you want. It will not work. I don’t need to be ‘cleansed’.”
As Iku said this an explosion was heard from near the gates of the town. A man burst into the house that all of the remaining townspeople were which was also where Iku was being held. “She’s returned. The Black Witch, She has returned!” The man yelled in fear. He then left the house and began to run in the opposite direction from which he had come. Almost immediately he was struck down by a bolt of lightning. Everyone in the house, except for Iku the old man and his assistant, began to panic. “So who is this ‘Black Witch’ you guys are so scared of?” Iku looked into the crowd of people as he said this. “Meela Shoutu. When she was a young child her family was banished from the town for performing dark sorcery. Her parents swore vengeance against our town and when she came of age they sent her once every month to attack the town and seek vengeance.” One of the men in the room spoke up. A feeling of panic was evident in his voice. “And you idiots forgot to consider that in your ‘ingenious’ plan? What a bunch of morons.” Iku smirked as he said this. “We did not know that she would be coming today because she has already come once this month. She is here for a different reason.” The assistant to the old man said as he stopped praying. “Well, I guess her parents were a little extra pissed off this month. Lucky for me.” Iku again smirked as lightning continued to strike the people who left the house in an attempt to flee in fear. The townspeople all began panicking. Suddenly, the room went black. But…It wasn’t just the room. It was as though the sun had stopped shining. Outside of the house it was completely dark. The only one able to see anything was Iku.
The door suddenly flew off of its hinges and into the house, knocking out several of the townspeople. Some of the people who remained standing gathered closer together in a corner and some began crying in fear. Suddenly, a wall of fire surrounded the huddled mass and all of the townspeople began screaming in agony. Some attempted to run out of the house, while trying to put out the fire, only to be struck by lightning. The others rolled on the ground in vain as it caused the fire to grow larger. “I think I like this kid. Are you two idiots really going to sit here and do nothing? You aren’t going to try to save your townspeople? Some religious heroes you guys are.” Iku scoffed as he looked from the old man to his assistant and back. As he said this he noticed a woman standing in the doorway of the house. ‘There’s my ticket out of here’ Iku thought. He smirked as he looked at the old man who had stopped praying and was looking towards the doorway. “This time you may be able to save him, but some day soon I will finish what I have started here today. He will be cleansed. What I have already started will not be undone, even with the power of your dark magic.” The old man then stood up and both he and his assistant vanished. As Iku wondered about what he had just seen the woman began walking towards him. She began releasing him from the chains and straps that bound him to the table. Iku sat up and somewhat stretched his legs and torso. As he turned to look at the woman and thank her he paused as he looked into her eyes. He was shocked at what he was looking at. Her eyes…They were...The same as his. She, like Iku, had ‘Blood Eyes’. She looked at Iku and could tell that he was looking at her eyes. “I will answer all of your questions after we get out of here. My parents want to meet you.” The woman said. “Getting out of here sounds good, but I have some business I have to take care of first. I need to destroy this place. I have to do it. It shouldn’t take too long. But I think I’ll need to lights to get turned back on, if you don’t mind.” Iku had a slight smirk as he said this. She smiled then turned around and began walking towards the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story